MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @Apple852hk - Woohoo! Starting the month off with a loss! Congratulations! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

@UTMom81 - So glad you are back! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    Yes, I am with you on making this week a re-commitment to health goals!

@digger61 - Another great day! You are so consistent! It's inspiring!

@Kres567
    Team Challenge - My goals for this week
    1. I am going for at least 4 outdoor walks (45 min+) this week
    2. I am going to work on my daily martial arts habit.
    3. I am going to do at least 2 long outdoor sessions of martial arts practice this week
    4. So, I'll make notes about my progress on these as the week goes on. Love the challenge!

@TeresaW1020 - I love your 3 goals for the week! You have a lot going on this month! It's great you are making sure to take are of yourself and your health in the midst of it all!

@KMD1214
    I started seriously addressing my weight issues this spring, after injuring one of my knees playing tennis. Hauling all that weight around on the tennis court probably contributed to that injury. When that happened, I had a terrifying glimpse into a future with totally preventable, limited mobility. That was my trigger to get serious! ... With 29 pounds gone (forever!), Iโ€™m hoping to lose 20 more. Meanwhile, my knee is so much better and so am I !!
    Wow! Your story is inspiring! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

@mrmcgrath - Those sound like great goals! ๐Ÿฅ…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

10 days till my op.

I've had a bad weekend, my head has been killing, and I have been falling asleep a lot in front of the telly, followed by an 11 hour sleep straight through on the Saturday. Well, I did say I wanted some sleep!

Foodwise, I'm sure I've eaten some ice cream, and some noodles, but logging has not been high priority, but then again, neither has food.

So, sticking with steps:

30th 11346
    31st 10133
    1st 11483
    2nd 10224
    3rd 9407
    4th 3907 - I know! That's sleep for you.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 195.0 (7/29)
    Today's Weight: 200.6 (8/5)

Week 1 Intentions:

1-Lose the water weight I gained from my first exercise class in 4 years (rest)
    2-30 minutes walking DAILY
    3-Stay in calorie goal each day

I started a belly dance class (!) yesterday. This is my first attempt at real exercise in about 4 years and I am definitely feeling it! I am super excited to be in this group!
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Post Birthday-Weekend Check-in:
    Calories: under
    Fruits/veggies: under

I actually did a decent job of staying within my calorie allotment for the weekend, despite baking, then eating cake. I didn't eat enough fruits and veggies though, so for the first time since I changed my way of eating, I felt hungry this weekend. I also felt achy this morning. Back to fruit and veggie land!

@apple852hk Great loss!

@digger61 I love swimming! That's my go-to for exercise!

@UTMom81 I need to start bringing my lunch to work, at least some of the time. It would really make lunchtime easier. Maybe you'll inspire me to give it a go a couple of times this week.

@Kres567 Open water swimming is the best! Sadly, a lot of lakes around here are contaminated with bacteria after all the spring flooding. I miss going to the lake.

@TeresaW1020 When I've been slacking on tracking, I find it helps me to go back and do my best to track the days I missed. I know my portions won't be exact, and I won't remember everything, but it helps get me back to mindfulness.

@KMD1214 I had a watershed moment that made me get serious too. I stepped on the scale, and I weighed more than I ever had in my entire life: 341 pounds! I'm not sure why that number was different than any other, but that was my line in the sand. That day I made a change to lose weight and better my health.

@mrmcgrath Happy belated birthday! Mall shopping definitely counts as exercise! Hubby took me shopping yesterday, and it was a chore!

@AustinRuadhain What kind of martial arts do you do?

@Wishusdonna Sorry you had a bad weekend. I hope things improve this week. You are truly inspiring with your steps!

@leonadixon I love your goals! Belly dancing sounds like a fun form of exercise!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @buniphuphu - I do not study a particular type of martial arts. Our school is out to do something... flexible. My student includes Korean, Japanese, and Chinese forms.

A note about your past:
    "Back to fruit and veggie land!" - I am so delighted that fruit and veggie land is working so well for you. It has certainly worked well for me!
    "I stepped on the scale, and I weighed more than I ever had in my entire life" - I had a similar moment. I weighed in and looked at the number, and said I must change. It was the midst of the holidays, 2017. I didn't really tackle things in a big way until after the holidays, but I ate mindfully enough to not gain weight that December.

@Wishusdonna - With all that you have going on, it sounds to me like a great choice to sleep when your body asks for sleep. We are thinking of you.

@leonadixon - Your first exercise in 4 years - and it's belly dancing -- how wonderful! I love it! So inspiringly fun!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Wishusdonna, girl if I got the amount of steps you get, I would need to sleep for 11 hours too! I hope you feel better this week! :)

@leonadixon, belly dancing is so exotic! I once went to a party where they had belly dancers. That was one crazy night! ;) I am excited that you are in our group too! :)

Monday check in:
    Calories: Under
    Water: over
    Exercise: Not much and I left my Fitbit at home while I was at work! All my walking was for nothing!! :s:D

I went to work today and tried to concentrate on actually doing my work. I did leave an hour early and went grocery shopping. I have to spend the entire day tomorrow doing all the last minute stuff to the house to get the pictures taken on Wednesday and get this baby listed!! My weight is up and I'm a little stressed about that! :/

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Calories: under and the IF app is on!
    Exercise: HIIT and Circuit Training at the gym. Felt great but I bet Iโ€™m sore tomorrow!
    Water: Iโ€™ll get to 80 oz by bedtime. Only 20 left.
    Tomorrow: lots of meetings tomorrow at work and church after, so look for ways to get steps in.

Fresh veggies are in at the farmersโ€™ markets here, so that makes fixing meals so easy and delicious! Yum!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for several years but only got serious in the last year. My weight shot up due to stress and hypothyroid issues. I got my medication squared away and really started trying to move every day. Now I'm working on my diet which is alright lol. I love snacks and ice cream so it's more of staying within portion sizes now.

My goals this week are to:
    1) Keep moving. I'll be getting our vacation stuff together this week as we leave Saturday for the beach.
    2) Not stress eat. I have anxiety that managed with meds but I still snack when I get anxious.
    3) Up. My. Water. Intake. Struggle bus all the time bc I love Diet Sunkist. Like, love love that stuff.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.6
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under

Water: over/under? Over

Exercise: yoga class and the strength training

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: My son who is leaving for college requested one of his favorite unhealthy dishes and since he is having all of his wisdom teeth surgically removed at the end of the week, I figured I better go ahead and make it. My goal is to make me a healthy salad to eat while the rest of the family is having sliders.

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Monday check in:
    Calories: Under
    Exercise walking
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Username: nlalamin04
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 210
    Todays Weight: 213

This is an awful week to start weighing in ๐Ÿ˜‚. Iโ€™m very bloated but thatโ€™s ok. No excuses. Next Monday will look differently ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • nlalamin04
    Options
    Team Challenge Goals

1. Take a 30min walk Tues-Sat
    2. Amp up my veggies, having them EACH meal
    3. Increase water intake
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    PART 2 OF MODS FOOD PREPPING DISCUSSION

I FOUND THIS WEB SITE/BLOG FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT NEED A FRESH LOOK AT PREPPING MEALS
    I KNOW THAT THE SITE IS FAMILIAR TO SOME OF US HOWEVER THERE MAYBE SOME OF US THAT A NEED A JUMP START, OR A FRESH LOOK AND SOME NEW IDEAS
    SO HERE YA GO AND ENJOY GREG

https://fitfoodiefinds.com/meal-prep/
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Calories: slightly under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Exercise: platform stepping
    Weekly Challenge: Felt like the beginnings of getting sick yesterday, and took it easy. Did not get in martial arts work or outdoor walk yesterday. Got to bed early and feel like myself today. Onwards!

Tuesday Goals/Improvements:
    Calories slightly under
    Water on plan or over
    Exercise: martial arts work and outdoor walk
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In:
    Fruits/Veggies: 6 servings
    Water: Over

I went out to dinner last night with my hubby. We went to one of my favorite places because I have been craving lamb chops for weeks. The meal usually comes with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus, but I try to swap out the potatoes with veggies most of the time we go there. Last night, instead of getting the sauteed green beans, I tried the sauteed baby spinich and kale with garlic. I love spinich but had never had kale. It was pretty tasty. I have a new vegetable! Next time, I'm going to try the Brussels sprouts. I hated them as a child, but my tastes have changed since then.

@TeresaW1020 Even if your fitbit doesn't know about the steps, your body does!

@bethanie0825 I'm a stress snacker, too. Lately, cherries have been my go-to. They're a much healthier choice than grabbing a bag of chips and help me get in a serving of fruit!

@mrmcgrath My middle child (daughter) is starting college soon, too. She's going to live at home, but she's still been requesting comfort foods lately. I think it is a subconscious effort of her part not to feel so grown up.

@digger61 Always steady. You're our rock around here!

@nlalamin04 This is just a little blip in your overall journey towards better health. Like you said, next week will be better! Your goals will really help you to get there. :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - I am so impressed that you are continuing to keep health and fitness in mind while you work on the push to get the house listed! Don't worry too much about the number on the scale. Keep making the good food choices, move when you can (your body knows, even if FitBit misses out sometimes!), and the number will work itself out! You are doing great! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

@UTMom81 - Wow! What a great day! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ I love that you are thinking about ways to get steps in today! ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ

@bethanie0825 - I love your goals! As far as the water -- maybe figure out where you are, and then count a day this week as a victory if you get in just one more cup than that. (I'm a big believer in baby steps!)

I so sympathize with having to be careful about stress eating.

@mrmcgrath - What a great day you had yesterday! How sweet that you are making sliders for your son as a before-wisdom teeth treat! ๐Ÿ” ๐Ÿ˜€ Awesome that you are thinking about having a choice for yourself that works well for you! Enjoy that extra big, extra delish salad! ๐Ÿฅ—

@digger61 - Another great day, Mr. Consistency!

@nlalamin04 - Of course! No worries about the number if it's That Week for water weight!
    And I LOVE your goals! They all sound like great steps to better health! ๐Ÿฅ—๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited August 2019
    Options
    PART 2 OF MODS FOOD PREPPING DISCUSSION

I FOUND THIS WEB SITE/BLOG FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT NEED A FRESH LOOK AT PREPPING MEALS
    I KNOW THAT THE SITE IS FAMILIAR TO SOME OF US HOWEVER THERE MAYBE SOME OF US THAT A NEED A JUMP START, OR A FRESH LOOK AND SOME NEW IDEAS
    SO HERE YA GO AND ENJOY GREG

https://fitfoodiefinds.com/meal-prep/

Hello, all!
    If you have not checked out the Food Prep Discussion, you might give it a look! See if you see any good ideas, and post any you have. Prepping food ahead of time can be a great way to make sure you are set up to win at your food/calories goals!

I just posted a few notes there, including a link to an article on making bacon in the oven. Oven-baked bacon is awesome, and it's a way to make a batch and have that one slice ready for a daily salad. And cleanup is much easier!

And here's an article I like on prepping veggies. It lets you scan down a list of veggies (what did you pick up at the store?) and then see how you might want to prep for the week.
    https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/how-to-meal-prep-vegetables/

Food Prep Discussion:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10757886/aug-week-1-mods-discussion#latest
  • nlalamin04
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain thanks!! I did my walk this morning!! Iโ€™m so happy
  • nlalamin04
    Options
    @buniphuphu yes! I always have to remind myself itโ€™s a journey not a race
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Exercise: Right now I'm over 12,000 steps from spending the entire day getting my house ready for pictures tomorrow. It's NEVER looked this good! Why am I moving? :D:D

I don't really like to meal prep but with the house about to start getting showings and me not wanting to stink up the place I did cook up a dozen eggs and a few chicken breasts today so that I can make a couple of versions of chicken salad to have over the next few days. I always cook my bacon in the oven. It's so easy!!

I have spent the last two weeks decluttering, packing, and cleaning. Tomorrow, while the house is getting its picture taken I'm going out to lunch with my hubby for something yummy and then I'm going to do some retail therapy. B)
This discussion has been closed.