• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In
    Username- bethanie0825
    Day- Tuesday
    Current Weight- 234

Same song and dance as the last month :sad: I can see changes and my pants fit better but I guess the scale is behind.

I meal prep bc I work 12 shifts from 1800-0600 in 911. We don't always have the staffing for breaks to leave and go get food and that gets expensive so cooking at home is where it's at!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In
    Username- bethanie0825
    Day- Tuesday
    Current Weight- 234

Same song and dance as the last month :sad: I can see changes and my pants fit better but I guess the scale is behind.

I meal prep bc I work 12 shifts from 1800-0600 in 911. We don't always have the staffing for breaks to leave and go get food and that gets expensive so cooking at home is where it's at!

Losing inches and clothes fitting better is a great NSV!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Hey everyone - we have a new Motivator to join @AustinRuadhain. @TeresaW1020 messaged me about being interested to take on the role - thank you so much!!

Special thanks also to @UTMom81 for offering!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Finished 1 of 2 walks this week. It rained all day today so no walk or swim.

Calories: over but not crazy.
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: nothing formal

Goals for tomorrow: going to my best friends cottage for the night so it might be hard to stay on track.

1. Stay away from snacking
    2. Limit my alcohol
    3. Eat mindfully
    4. Stay active
  • Kres567
    Options
    Here is the link to the Group Challenge from Team Trimstones - What Will You Say NO to Today? Feel free to “star” the page to notifications. Post your replies on the discussion thread pasted below.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10758291/week-1-group-challenge-trimstones-august#latest
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In

Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: just over an hour walking
    Goals or Improvementsfor tomorrow: walk 1x in the a.m. 1x in the p.m.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In

Calories: under, on plan
    Exercise: not much, worked in 6500 steps in spite of all day/evening meetings
    Water: not quite enough, but not bad
    Tomorrow: try to get in a workout after work (that would the 3rd of the 3 workouts I wanted to add this week). I've already got my healthy lunch packed and dinner planned, so calories should be good. Also, just got the logistics worked out for a hike on the Appalachian Trail on Saturday, so YAY! THAT always makes me happy!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In - Tuesday
    Calories: slightly under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Exercise: platform stepping 45 min; outside walk 27 min; martial arts 10 min
    Weekly Challenge: Got in martial arts work and outdoor walk. Yay!

Wednesday Goals/Improvements:
    Calories slightly under
    Water on plan or over
    Exercise: martial arts work; outdoor walk; martial arts class
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,792 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: weights
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    Just a quick check in to catch up. I’m away at the lake - mostly relaxing but have done some kayaking and walking to explore the area. I’ll be back late on Sunday, so will miss Fridays weigh in. Food intake hasn’t been too bad but there has been lots of wine.
    I’ll try to catch up when I get back!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 205.2
    Todays Weight: 204.8

I'll take it! :)

Today, we have pictures being taken of the house and then it's on the market tomorrow. I'm sad to leave this home that I've loved so much but I'm also very excited about the new home and all the possibilities it will bring us. Today, I'm taking off from all the work I've been doing and hubby and I are going out to a nice lunch and then we are going to do some shopping. A new store just opened called At Home that I've been dying to check out! B)

Happy Wednesday everyone! :)
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 257.0
    Today's Weight: 255.6
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @nlalamin04 - So glad your walk went well! And yes, @buniphuphu 's words about weight loss as a journey rather than a race are so SO wise! It's great to have others here to remind us of the big picture view! 🌌

And what a great day you had! Looking forward to hearing about BOTH your walks today!

@TeresaW1020 -Wow! I am super impressed at all those steps, and at your keeping your health and food goals in mind in the midst of this! 🥅 Enjoy lunch with your hubby and retail therapy today! 😎

And a big WOOHOO to your being a Motivator! 🌟 You are always such a great presence and contribution in the conversation here. Super excited! 🎉

@bethanie0825 - Fat takes up more room than muscle. If your clothes fit better but the scale is not changing, you are getting fitter. You may just have added muscle while losing fat. The number not changing is frustrating, but I know you will get it there eventually as well! It's that big picture view again. 🌌 Hang in there!
    I love meal prep, too! 🍳

@Kres567 - Have fun at your friend's cottage! 🏡 Adjusting your goals for the day seems super smart! Limiting snacking and alcohol seem like great choices for a place to focus, I just love that you are keeping health on the radar!

@UTMom81 - Congratulations on getting in the 3 workouts you wanted to add this week. That is so great!
    And zowie! Have fun on your Appalachian Trail hike! ⛰️😎

@digger61 - Another great day! Congratulations!

@ka97 - Enjoy your time at the lake! So great that you have fit some kayaking and walking into your vacation! We'll see you when you get back!

@Fleetwood1 - 🌟 Brilliant weigh-in! Congratulations! 💐 So delighted for you! 🎉
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Here is the link to the Group Challenge from Team Trimstones - What Will You Say NO to Today? Feel free to “star” the page to notifications. Post your replies on the discussion thread pasted below.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10758291/week-1-group-challenge-trimstones-august#latest

Hey, you guys! Do take a look at this challenge, and see if it might support you in some way. These challenges are optional.

It's quick and easy!

Post the one thing you're going to say NO to for the day.

When I started on my journey, it was by saying "no" to a Reese's and a cinnamon roll from the corner store, just for that day. Actually, I started off with no for right now, when it seemed too confronting to imagine a whole day without that treat.

Anyway, if there's something that it would serve you to say NO to -- you might try out saying no to it just for one day. And if that calls to you, this might be a challenge for you.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Apparently I created my check in for yesterday and failed to hit “post reply”. Here it is!

Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.6
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under

Water: over/under? Over

Exercise: rest day

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Cardio!!!! Most likely stationary bike and stair machine.

Team Challenge - Set your intention
    1. Gym 4 times. ✔️
    2. Get 7 + sleep a night ✔️✔️
    3. No gluten or dairy✔️✔️✔️

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My “No” for today is something I struggle with daily. Today, I say NO to allowing coworkers negativity to affect me. Just because they are bitter does not mean I have to be.
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    My “No” for today is something I struggle with daily. Today, I say NO to allowing coworkers negativity to affect me. Just because they are bitter does not mean I have to be. [/quote

Agreed. Focus on you and hang out with the positive crew. :)
  • notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Username: notsolazylisa
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Past weight: 171.2
    Current weight: 173.8

I think my gain is due to water retention/bloating, I've been overindulging these past few days to celebrate my 40th birthday and haven't been exercising. I'm not going to feel guilty or let it get me down, you only turn 40 once lol.

My plan for the next few days is to stay under my calorie goal and get at least a 10 minute walk in, hopefully more.
  • notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    My “No” for today is something I struggle with daily. Today, I say NO to allowing coworkers negativity to affect me. Just because they are bitter does not mean I have to be.

This is a great one, I sometimes struggle with this as well. I end up feeling like I did something wrong to make someone mad when it probably has nothing to do with me.
This discussion has been closed.