MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Just a quick check in to catch up. I’m away at the lake - mostly relaxing but have done some kayaking and walking to explore the area. I’ll be back late on Sunday, so will miss Fridays weigh in. Food intake hasn’t been too bad but there has been lots of wine.
    I’ll try to catch up when I get back!

Enjoy your vacation! It sounds like a great time!
  • notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    nlalamin04 wrote: »
    Username: nlalamin04
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 210
    Todays Weight: 213

This is an awful week to start weighing in 😂. I’m very bloated but that’s ok. No excuses. Next Monday will look differently 😉

I know the feeling, I'm also up a couple pounds this week after celebrating my birthday. Just a temporary setback!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey, teammates....... everyone sounds so pumped up and focused on great outcomes for August---it's SO inspiring. My weekly weigh in is tomorrow morning---I've been experiencing a frustrating stall in weight loss over the last week. I think it's related to less exercise and a drift off in the amount and quality of protein that I've been eating. I'm in a spin because tomorrow afternoon, we're heading off on a 3 week vacation without my trusty scale and with a multitude of eating challenges. I am being completely honest when I say that I have been inspired and encouraged by the successes of all the Slimpossibles that have gone through vacations (and other) challenges this summer! I will keep saying "You've Got This!!" and look forward to, rather than dread my post vacation weigh in on the 29th. Meanwhile, I'll post my weekly weigh in tomorrow and I suppose I'll just enter that weight every Thursday while I'm away. Cheers!!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check In

Calories: under
    Exercise: got in a sweaty home workout and 10.7k steps
    Water: over
    Tomorrow: lots of steps at work and stay on plan
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.6
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under

Water: over/under? Over

Exercise: stationary bike and arm strength machine

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: My youngest is turning 17 tomorrow and for her birthday meal she wants something I am unable to eat so the goal is to prepare 2 dinners.

Team Challenge - Set your intention
    1. Gym 4 times in a week. ✔️✔️
    2. Get 7 + sleep a night ✔️✔️✔️
    3. No gluten or dairy✔️✔️✔️✔️

My No for tomorrow is ....allowing the number on the scale define me
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Daily Check-In

Exercise: 1+hr walk just over 10K steps

Goals or Improvementsfor tomorrow: eat enough! I’m struggling to eat enough and having to eat a protein bar to get to atleast 1,200 calories! So, I’m going to institute some changes
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In - Wednesday
    Calories: slightly under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Exercise: platform stepping 57 min; martial arts 10 min
    Weekly Challenge: Got in martial arts work. Yay!

Thursday Goals/Improvements:
    Calories slightly under
    Water on plan or over
    Exercise: martial arts work; outdoor walk; possible martial arts class
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check In
    Exercise: lots of walking and weights
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In
    Username: KMD1214
    Weigh In Week: Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 151.5
    Current Weight: 151

Just a tweak this week, but happy to be starting a trip back ‘home’ with a small loss. My intention for the next three weeks is to approach eating mindfully. Once again, I can thank a Slimpossibles teammate or two for introducing me to mindful eating. Happy August, all!
  • UTMom81
    Options

Calories slightly under
    Water on plan or over

Austin, I have a question or three for you. I see you are doing a LOT of platform stepping of late. Is this where you just step up and down and up and down for all that time??? Do you have it real high? Do you vary your footwork? Can you tell us more please?
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Today, I'm saying NO to all sugar.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @KMD1214, good loss and great attitude to stay mindful while you are on vacation. I think the key is to go into your vacation knowing that you will have eating challenges but it doesn't have to mean that it's a free-for-all and that you stop being mindful. Before you eat ask yourself if you are going to regret the food choice you are making. For me, I am much more accepting that I will have a gain IF the food is worth it!! *see my comment below ;)* Then you can relax and enjoy yourself without beating yourself up. I hope you have a great time! <3:)

@UTMom81, yeah girl!! You kick that sugar to the curb!! B)

I decided to have a decadent lunch yesterday at one of our more popular local restaurants. I had the most delicious pimento cheese hamburger on a real bun and the best french fries! It was worth every bite and I was willing to take a small gain. However, my weight was down this morning!! I have read that doing low-carb/Keto long enough will cause the body to be appetite corrected so that you can enjoy a heavy carb meal at times without the carbs turning into fat. So yayyy!! B) We also found out that our young military waiter is doing Keto and IF. It was fun to see his expression when he saw my plate of food. All in moderation my young friend! :D
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »

Calories slightly under
    Water on plan or over

Austin, I have a question or three for you. I see you are doing a LOT of platform stepping of late. Is this where you just step up and down and up and down for all that time??? Do you have it real high? Do you vary your footwork? Can you tell us more please?

@UTMom81 - It's a platform in my living room (which lets me watch something while I do it, which is nice). I do not use a very high platform. You can get step platforms and make them higher or lower. I have that, and I also have a platform that goes with the Wii (I know, ancient gadget, but it still works!). I started low because I was having knee issues, and have never adjusted the step higher as I haven't seen a need. I step up and down, and yes, I do vary the footwork. I also do arms of some kind during that workout, and vary what I do. It is continuous for the time, and gets my heart rate up!

Here's a nice article with ideas on step routines.

I actually like outside walks more, but I don't like them so much if I get busy and don't get started until late evening. I am a little chicken about walking around the neighborhood by myself in the late evening.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »

Calories slightly under
    Water on plan or over

@UTMom81 - It's a platform in my living room (which lets me watch something while I do it, which is nice). I do not use a very high platform. You can get step platforms and make them higher or lower. I have that, and I also have a platform that goes with the Wii (I know, ancient gadget, but it still works!). I started low because I was having knee issues, and have never adjusted the step higher as I haven't seen a need. I step up and down, and yes, I do vary the footwork. I also do arms of some kind during that workout, and vary what I do. It is continuous for the time, and gets my heart rate up!

Here's a nice article with ideas on step routines.

I actually like outside walks more, but I don't like them so much if I get busy and don't get started until late evening. I am a little chicken about walking around the neighborhood by myself in the late evening.

Thanks! I have a step from my old Wii Fit. I DO miss that. My Wii quit working, but I could still use the step. I do step routines during my Circuit Training at Planet Fitness. I just don’t think I could do a high step since my knees are terrible. I don’t watch much TV but maybe I’ll try this soon.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 consider it KICKED! Thanks for the encouragement! I did think of this comment a couple times when I was tempted.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @broncobuddee I posted about being out-of-town and asked what to do and there wasn't a response. I won't be weighing in tomorrow either. My last weigh in was 135 but I'm sure it's up from vacation.

Sorry @Katmary71 ! I caught that after I sent the message. Fortunately, the moderators also saw it and marked you excused for the week.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.6
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under

Water: over/under? Over

Exercise: walking during lunch break

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: At home swimming and elliptical

Team Challenge - Set your intention
    1. Gym 4 times in a week. ✔️✔️
    2. Get 7 + sleep a night ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    3. No gluten or dairy✔️✔️✔️✔️

• nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In

Calories: over
    Water: under
    Exercise: very little walking today

Goals or Improvementsfor tomorrow: just to have an overall better day. I was very tired today and had dinner plans with a friend I haven’t seen in a long time. Today was a struggle for sure 😕
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: August 8th
    Track: Yes
    Calories : under
    Exercise: walking and weights
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In
    Friday