Under... yed
    Exercise:  32 min bike ride
    Water: 65 oz.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Tracked: no - I gave into pizza today and didn't pay attention to calories at all.
    I did walk some.

I did meal plan for most meals this week, to help keep under calorie goal the rest of the week.

@cmhubbard92 I am having the same issue with my new pup. If he comes down to the basement with me he gets in the way and I'm afraid he will get hurt.

@brandi_84 it stresses me out! He's very energetic, which is awesome, but it totally makes me nervous if I decide to try doing my workouts down there, he will definitely get hurt somehow.

Great job meal planning for the week! Don't stress the pizza, I hope it was good!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    mini-challenge
    I don't know why I can't seem to post to this every day. I will be doing good, then just skip a couple of days of posting then its the end of the week and I have given up on posting to the mini-challenge at all.

so let's try another week. They say doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. I know it is harder for me to post from my phone so I am now sitting at my computer to post this.

Sunday 9/15
    tracked- yes
    under-yes
    exercise-yes, interval run training
    water 64 oz, steps 12k

I don't know if the other challenges are up and running. If they are and I just don't know how to join them, feel free to enter my numbers and try to explain to me how to do it so it is not so much work for you!

My goals this week-
    1: brush my teeth at 7 or 8 pm so that I don't want to eat more... let's see if that works!
    2: weights 2x this week
    3: pop onto the computer to log this, read posts, and reply for a few minutes each night. If I have time to watch tv, I have a few minutes to type.

@swauters I got your response for the step challenge! Your name is the first one I am adding into the spreadsheet! I am not putting Sunday's steps in, but am posting your goal. I will add whatever you have for Monday as the first official entry!

Great goals for this week! I am going to try to make a water spreadsheet after work(unless I somehow get it done before I go to work today). I hope you reach your goals this week and that the brushing teeth goal helps to curb your appetite!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited September 2019
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    @sandkp I also find that challenges really motivate me and I love some of your ideas. Are you thinking that we add a new/ different challenge to or weekly mini-challenges? For example... We still post tracked, under/ over, exercise plus then whatever the challenge is?.... a pic of your dinner, a link to a video, etc?

@swauters that was kind of what I was thinking.... nothing too overwhelming or needing tracked more than what we are posting for the other. Just a way to share info (videos etc ) along with getting us focused on something different or new (like the food stuff) I know I am just starting to get my head somewhat above water and am treading but not swimming yet so I didnt want something to detailed or that needed tracked because I couldn't take that on right now. Now if the spreadsheet is up and running with a link to it we can all get to easily, it may be easy to add a space on there for the weekly challenge or to add a link for the videos etc but since I am clueless on Google sheets that would be for those with knowledge to say how hard or easy it would be.

@sandkp Click this link and just fill in username, step goal, day reporting and number of steps. I have everything all set to fill in 😊 if it doesn't work for you that way, I can copy any numbers you post on here!

I can try working on a merging it into a challenge spreadsheet-adding links and whatnot! I will play with it today, and if it comes out alright, I will share with you all later!

Edit: I started playing around with the spreadsheet. Here is what I have so far @energyseeker @swauters @HASWLRS @sandkp and anyone else that I've forgotten to tag. If for some reason it is allowing public editing, please leave everything as it is for now. I will be leaving for work shortly, and am still working on this!
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    9/15
    Tracked- somewhat
    Under- no
    Exercise- 42 minutes on the machine but that's about it
    Steps- 9,057
    Water- 115oz

It was a bad day..I just really wasn't feeling it. I sat around and watched movies just about all day. I can't believe I didn't even reach 10k steps. I was so close too. It's the first time since July that I didn't 😥 I truly hope today goes much better.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    9/15
    Tracked- somewhat
    Under- no
    Steps- 9,057
    Water- 115oz

It was a bad day..I just really wasn't feeling it. I sat around and watched movies just about all day. I can't believe I didn't even reach 10k steps. I was so close too. It's the first time since July that I didn't 😥 I truly hope today goes much better.

@mirendybryant 9,000 steps is still a great day! On my low day of the week I only get 3-4,000(I could get more, but I truly relax on Sunday and do bare minimum to reach my goals for the day. You did pretty great in all the other aspects of the day, as well!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Posting a pic of the paella I made last night for anyone who needs a bit of food inspiration. It’s one of my faves because I can pack in the veggies (peas, peppers, onion, tomatoes and courgette in this one) plus some lean protein. You add in the rice and some stock and then leave it to cook so it’s actually quite a simple meal for dinner time when I’m normally running around mad! You can make it as low or high cal as you like as well, this portion had 700 caps per bowl.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    mini-challenge

3: pop onto the computer to log this, read posts, and reply for a few minutes each night. If I have time to watch tv, I have a few minutes to type.

@swauters - So true and I feel the same. I’m sitting at night watching TV while reading posts. There is no reason why I can’t take some time to respond and provide some support to the team.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Click this link[/url] and just fill in username, step goal, day reporting and number of steps. I have everything all set to fill in 😊 if it doesn't work for you that way, I can copy any numbers you post on here!

@cmhubbard92 - I’m in for the step and water challenges. I’ll figure out my goal today and enter it into the spreadsheet. It would be great if the post with the link could be saved or highlighted somehow so that we don’t have to try to find it or remember what page it was on everyday.
  • cmhubbard92
    edited September 2019
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »

Click this link[/url] and just fill in username, step goal, day reporting and number of steps. I have everything all set to fill in 😊 if it doesn't work for you that way, I can copy any numbers you post on here!

@cmhubbard92 - I’m in for the step and water challenges. I’ll figure out my goal today and enter it into the spreadsheet. It would be great if the post with the link could be saved or highlighted somehow so that we don’t have to try to find it or remember what page it was on everyday.

@pkg1998 I wish there was a way, too. The one good thing I have found with the google sheets app, is that if you view a public spreadsheet, it saves it in your history so you can view it again. Unfortunately that is only if you have the app, though.
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in
    Ar_cervantes
    Previous: 212.4
    Current: 209.4

FINALLY in the single digit countdown to WONDERLAND!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    Hey team... love the challenge ideas. definitely on board for the water - been working on that while I haven't been doing much else. I don't track steps so I wouldn't be in that but I think for those that do it would be a great challenge (who knows may motivate me to get a tracker for Christmas!)

I love challenges - they seem to keep me more motivated. One of the things that I loved about the Amazing Race group that I did was some of the different challenges every week - things like pick an exercise video that your favorite to share and then others would choose one of the videos to do or you have things like a rainbow challenge where you have to have a plate with rainbow colored food over the course of so many days to meet the challenge during the week trying to get you to eat differently. lots of little things like that that maybe we could just put out as personal challenges to the group or just out there for anyone who wanted to do something fun like that for the week with us. Personally I think those kind of fun weekly challenges within the team could be done where we don't have to have it so tracked... it wouldn't be any more work for us just to post it versus having weekly leaders. I think things like the the steps and walking are great foreseeing that part of it but these other challenges I think it would be just fun to see if we could just work together with it without adding more on to leadership.

as I said before I haven't been involved like I wanted to be but I'm hoping to get back into doing more. my plan is: Sunday is my well.. I don't want to say reboot because every time I say reboot I seemed to end up back at the hospital with somebody so I just want to say it's my fresh start.

@sandkp, love the idea, Shawnee, of a weekly group challenge like the ones you suggested. We'll definitely do that, once we get the water and step challenge up and running, with all the bugs worked out!! You will be our first volunteer (voluntold!), so get thinking about what challenge you'd like to extend to the group!

@sandkp I also find that challenges really motivate me and I love some of your ideas. Are you thinking that we add a new/ different challenge to or weekly mini-challenges? For example... We still post tracked, under/ over, exercise plus then whatever the challenge is?.... a pic of your dinner, a link to a video, etc?

@swauters, yes, something like that, Sara. It could just be a one time thing that week, or something we try to do over a few days, but just an added post required...no one needs to tabulate and you can participate or not.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I think the extra challenges are really good ideas. I think in general what I'd like to see here are simply more conversation starters and responses. I know that I can work on that aspect by getting more involved instead of just quietly reading through.

I am on board with a water challenge. I love soda.I watched Fed Up last night and it really opened my eyes on the amount of added sugar in soda and other food products. I know there is a lot of sugar but the amount had never really registered in my head before.

@brandi_84, as far as conversation starters go, anyone at anytime can pose a question to the team. Just make sure your question post stands out (bold, caps, colours, underlining, etc) and is a stand alone post, so people can quote it easily and type in their response. Again, we can try to make it a more regular thing, once we get the step and water challenge off the ground, but if you want to start one now, be our guest!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Audgiebug wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I know I personally haven't logged on. I have learned a few new things about myself this month. I don't want to type out on my phone onto the forum, so I need to make time to log onto my computer after my kids are in bed. Possibly interact for 5-10 minutes with others. Though I am not sure how to get someone's previous message to show up here to type a response. Is that the quote option?

The second thing that I discovered was that I was allowing myself too many calories to consume in the day (I chose active instead of lightly active) so I over ate, which lead me to not have a loss so I stayed away from MFP for a few days. I know I need to reach out in my low times but I naturally retract, so that one will always be a work in progress for me. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday night!

@Audgiebug, very insightful!! Yes, choosing the right activity level is important! I am glad you understood that this is a trial and error situation.... You work with what MFP gives you for a few weeks and if the desired results are not achieved, then you make changes, which is what you did eventually!!

And yes, the quote button allows you to respond to a particular post.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in:
    PW: 211.4
    CW: 209.2

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Of course, if anyone were to have any issues getting into the google form, I could browse through the thread to see who put their steps for each day, and could just pop them in too. I wouldn't mind pulling the weight for this, because I know you already have so much to do with the weigh ins.

@cmhubbard92, yes, I am definitely going to give you the lead on this one, especially in these growing pain phases. The only thing I would like to see is a group competition element, like in a regular Fitbit Challenge. Is there any way, with what you have set up so far, for you to post a leader board, with everyone's reported totals at a certain moment, a few times a week? And just like a regular Fitbit Challenge, it may not be completely accurate, if someone hasn't synced (or reported) for a while, but it would give us a chance to see how we are stacking up against our team mates.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    9/15/19
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Start weight 160#
    Last week weight 155.8#
    Current weight 153.2 #

@energyseeker, another two and a half pounds gone!! You are doing so well, Kim!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I hope no one felt attacked or anything by my comments, that was not my intention.
    @HASWLRS I was absolutely not putting any blame on you. It is okay to have your heart not in it, doesn’t that happen to all of us? It was more of a group observation - myself included.
    But look at the ideas floating around!

@erikNJ, I didn't feel attacked, not at all. I know you were just making a team observation. However, I did feel like I being asked to defend my actions, and I couldn't, so it was very humbling, in a good kind of way. It forced me to do some much needed reflecting. So, thank you.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    cossmoss15 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I confess I'm one of the people that read the forum but rarely post. A few reasons for this; I'm very slow on posting from my phone and don't take the time to get on my computer, many times all I've got to say is 'I'm going to try to do better' - I don't see much motivation in that. Recently I have not been tracking my food so have not been participating in the mini-challenge. You all provide motivation for me so I will try to post more often with what ever success or challenge I may be facing .

Ok my success for today is that my daughter said; 'Have you lost more weight? You have a thigh gap!' (apparently that's a thing now. And it helps I was wearing leggings!)

@cossmoss15, I feel the same way about posting "'I am going to try to do better" all the time. Not very motivating, but if we actually DID post it, it would probably motivate us to do actually do better, like owning it, and then moving on (and not wanting to post the "I'm going to try part again"!)

Congrats on the NSV thigh gap, and yes, it's a thing!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    9/15
    Tracked- somewhat
    Under- no
    Steps- 9,057
    Water- 115oz

@mirendybryant, sometimes we need a do nothing day, to truly recharge our batteries. You didn't like how you felt afterwards, so I assuming you will not do that again for a while and that Monday will be a great day for you!!
This discussion has been closed.