Options

Replies

• swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Tuesday, September 17th

I guess now that I am older....sigh.

If you ask me, this getting older stuff is crap. I know it's better than the alternative, but man some things just aren't the same as they used to be.

• swauters
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Username: brandi_84
    Weigh in day : Wednesday
    Starting: 185.6
    Week 1: 183.9
    Week 2: 183.6
    Week 3: 183.2

Its coming off painfully slow, but at least in the right direction. I know this would have been better if I had made better choices over the weekend. So I'm going to try harder this weekend to make those better choices.

Coming off painfully slow is much better than weight coming on.

• swauters
    Options
    @stubbornloser 50 lbs is such a great accomplishment. I can't wait to see your weigh-in tomorrow. We are all cheering for you!
  • swauters
    Options
    mini-challenge
    Sept 18
    tracked- yes
    under- yes
    exercise- yes, ran before work. It was the first run I have done in the dark. It was both scary and freeing. Also did a few rounds of weights

water- 98 oz, steps- 22360

goals
    teeth, weights, doing this on the computer- all good so far this week and I have made it past the half-way point.

• Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    9/18
    Tracked- yes
    Under- yes
    Exercise-yes
    Steps- 25,118
    Water- 132oz

I was doing great with a huge deficit in calories and then....brigadero happened lol. I'm still in the deficit but I had to have it. It's been years ☺
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    9/18/19
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes
    Water nope
    Steps 11929
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    This morning I weighed myself, even though my actual weigh-in day is Thursday. I was only 0.2 lbs away from 50 lbs lost since Nov 2018! I'm hoping tomorrow morning I see 210 lbs or less. I will be shouting from the rooftops!

@cmhubbard92 - I am cheering you on! You got this!!!

@stubbornloser that is such a great loss! I'm hoping you have a fabulous weigh-in this morning! Thank you!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @murdog3t I got your Tuesday numbers in :)

@swauters @mirendybryant @energyseeker @MelsLeanDream I've got all your Wednesday numbers in!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/18:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 20 min treadmill, 55 min walk
    Steps: 13,748
    Water: 48 oz.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, September 17th

logged food: yes

under: yes. I used practically all of my exercise calories, according to Fitbit, and I slept through the night. I ate a bigger dinner, that put me over, so I just walked some more to get enough calories for a sugar free Jello pudding, because I was wanting something sweet, and chocolate!! I ate 1592 calories worth, and I just have to accept that that number is not too high, because taken out of context, it does seem high to me. Before, when I was successful on MFP, I didn't have my Fitbit linked to my account, so exercise calories were based on purposeful exercise that I entered myself from the data base. I definitely stayed closer to the 1200 mark and I lost probably two pounds a week, but for some reason, the waking up hungry didn't affect me then. I guess now that I am older....sigh. And like Erik suggested with intermittent fasting, the body will eventually get used to it in time. Maybe I just need to be patient and accept a slower rate of loss at the beginning.

erercise: yes, walking
    steps: 10,740
    water: 11 cups

(Already entered on the form, Christine.)

@HASWLRS I’ve noticed a difference too now that I’m older. When I lost weight in my 20’s it seemed so much easier and quicker, but now in my late 40’s I have to work harder and, I think, change the foods that I eat in order to still be satisfied, but be under. It’s definitely a work in progress.

BTW - I’m impressed by your dedication to the mini challenge this week.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday
    Last week- 231.8
    This week- 226.4
    ⬇5.4lbs this week
    ⬇33.6lbs total

Only 11.4lbs away from my first big goal I gave myself in the beginning to lose by Christmas. I guess painting a shed gave me more exercise than I realized lol. So glad to finally be out of 230's 🖤

@mirendybryant HOLY COW! Awesome loss this week. Keep it up and you’ll be at that goal well before Christmas.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Audgiebug wrote: »
    Missing a couple of weigh-ins:

@Audgiebug and @eatingfoodles

So very sorry @HASWLRS I swore I posted, must have forgotten to push submit on Monday. I weighted in at 294.4, I believe previous week was 297.8. I finally climbed over my plateau and it feels so good!

@Audgiebug Huge loss this week. Well done. I’m sure it feels great and many more great weeks to come.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 9,691(currently)
    Water: 120oz

I made an amazing dish for dinner tonight, Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken. I only managed to eat half because I started to choke on rice(reason why I can't listen to anything funny while I eat) and it turned into a few minutes of me thinking I was going to pass out or worse, because I couldn't catch my breath/kept choking. It was horrifying, it scared my boyfriend as he tried to help me. But I'm OK now, but my throat hurts and now I have a massive headache, so I skipped the dog walk tonight. I did get plenty of playtime in with them though, so they're asleep now.

I have decided that my goal for a month from now is to just simply be at 196.0lb(I'll take 199), and see Onederland. This is my goal for my birthday(October 18th). I would love to see 196 because it means I will hit the 50lbs mark, and I will drop a BMI class. I think I can get there, I just have to remain focused!

Off to bed in a few minutes after I make my lunch for tomorrow!

@cmhubbard92 It has to be so disappointing to make an amazing dish and to remember it by the fact that you choked :( Hopefully a good night’s rest makes your throat and head feel better. Mini goals are such a good thing to have. I’ve decided to wait until I actually have several weeks of losses before I set any kind of weight goal. My focus now is tracking honestly and staying under my calories.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    9/18
    Tracked- yes
    Under- yes
    Exercise-yes
    Steps- 25,118
    Water- 132oz

I was doing great with a huge deficit in calories and then....brigadero happened lol. I'm still in the deficit but I had to have it. It's been years ☺

@mirendybryant Your steps and water intake are always so inspiring, but am I the only one that had to Google “brigadero”? :D
  • swauters
    Options
    @mirendybryant @pkg1998 haha. I also googled it. It sounds delicious!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 9,691(currently)
    Water: 120oz

I made an amazing dish for dinner tonight, Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken. I only managed to eat half because I started to choke on rice(reason why I can't listen to anything funny while I eat) and it turned into a few minutes of me thinking I was going to pass out or worse, because I couldn't catch my breath/kept choking. It was horrifying, it scared my boyfriend as he tried to help me. But I'm OK now, but my throat hurts and now I have a massive headache, so I skipped the dog walk tonight. I did get plenty of playtime in with them though, so they're asleep now.

I have decided that my goal for a month from now is to just simply be at 196.0lb(I'll take 199), and see Onederland. This is my goal for my birthday(October 18th). I would love to see 196 because it means I will hit the 50lbs mark, and I will drop a BMI class. I think I can get there, I just have to remain focused!

Off to bed in a few minutes after I make my lunch for tomorrow!

@cmhubbard92 It has to be so disappointing to make an amazing dish and to remember it by the fact that you choked :( Hopefully a good night’s rest makes your throat and head feel better. Mini goals are such a good thing to have. I’ve decided to wait until I actually have several weeks of losses before I set any kind of weight goal. My focus now is tracking honestly and staying under my calories.

It definitely was disappointing @pkg1998. I have what's left over for my lunch, so hopefully the same thing doesn't happen again haha. I figured that I haven't set any major goals with a deadline, so I hoping it is attainable!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Sept 18 mini challenge
    yes/yes/yes

WEIGH IN DAY 9/19/19
    Username: annabananamc
    Starting weight: 165.2
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's weight: 166.2
    Today's Weight: 164.2

Weekly gain/loss: -2.0
    Monthly gain/loss: -1.0

WHOOPDEDOOO! Adding back in the running instead of just yoga/walking seems to have got me back on track. Haven't seen this weight in quite awhile.
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Thursday

Last week 126.0
    This week 124.4

Yeah!!!

For Wednesday
    Steps 7,275
    water 72 oz
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 What a scary episode you had with your choking! I am going to refresh myself on the Heimlich maneuver (now apparently called 'chest thrust')

@mirendybryant I also had to google brigadero - they sound too dangerous!

We are getting wonderful weather here (just outside of Toronto) I'm hoping to get a bike ride in.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Audgiebug wrote: »
    Missing a couple of weigh-ins:

@Audgiebug and @eatingfoodles

So very sorry @HASWLRS I swore I posted, must have forgotten to push submit on Monday. I weighted in at 294.4, I believe previous week was 297.8. I finally climbed over my plateau and it feels so good!

@Audgiebug, don't apologize...that's why I post reminders! And whoo hoo!! Almost three and a half pounds gone!! You must feel more than good!!
This discussion has been closed.