WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    I have had both of my kids and their significant others here for the weekend. And my sweet granddaughter. It’s been fun and food filled. We had a big dinner of crab, scallops, and salmon Saturday. Greatvthink about seafood is it is low calorie. And it felt like a celebration. I have had three alcoholic drinks this weekend that I enjoyed, but now it’s back to no drinks for the rest of the week. We went out for lunch today and I ate very mindfully. I have also done my Pilates 7 days. I am definitely feeling some muscles waking up. It’s amazing what 15ish minutes a day can do for you. Need to hone it in to have a good loss at the end of this week.

@evangsimmons170 Thanks for the great questions. I know setting any goal helps me. I’m not competitive, but I like checking things off (or tearing off rings) as I complete goals. I have not thought of rewards. I am very close to losing 10% of my body weight. I think it’s just under a pound to that goal. I may get my hair cut once I’m there.

I guess my next goal could be when I get to 30 pounds lost. Hmmm...I have some time to think about that for sure. About 8.5 pounds, I think. I will let you know when I figure that out. I’d possibly like to have some sessions with a personal trainer to get me started on some muscle building/toning.
  • micki48
    Options
    @Terytha - steps for Saturday were 6,085.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been away. Not feeling very well this week. Still stomach issues.
    Still dry though.

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day: Sunday (sorry again to be late)
    PW:157.3
    CW: 157.6
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Hi team sorry I've been missing in action, I've fallen of the wagon again. I'm trying very hard to get back on and I'm keeping up my workouts so that's something, although I'm also eating everything in sight :( I'm hoping that my workouts will at least help me maintain for now while I sort out my head.
    I've never actually rewarded myself for my losses, so maybe I should start. You've got me curious, what is a floatation tank? Sorry if I sound ignorant.....

Floatation tanks are used for relaxation and meditation. They are little pods or pools full of salt water (salt for floating) that are carefully temperature controlled to be the exact same as the air to give you the illusion that you're floating in nothingness. Your ears are under water so you can't hear much and the lights all go out. All your senses are dulled so there are no distractions, and since you float, not even gravity affects you.

I'm not a very... meditation/spiritual type person, but there's a lot to be said in the crazy, hectic, noisy world for the ability to turn everything off and just be.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Hi team sorry I've been missing in action, I've fallen of the wagon again. I'm trying very hard to get back on and I'm keeping up my workouts so that's something, although I'm also eating everything in sight :( I'm hoping that my workouts will at least help me maintain for now while I sort out my head.
    I've never actually rewarded myself for my losses, so maybe I should start. You've got me curious, what is a floatation tank? Sorry if I sound ignorant.....

Floatation tanks are used for relaxation and meditation. They are little pods or pools full of salt water (salt for floating) that are carefully temperature controlled to be the exact same as the air to give you the illusion that you're floating in nothingness. Your ears are under water so you can't hear much and the lights all go out. All your senses are dulled so there are no distractions, and since you float, not even gravity affects you.

I'm not a very... meditation/spiritual type person, but there's a lot to be said in the crazy, hectic, noisy world for the ability to turn everything off and just be.

Ah thanks for explaining @Terytha it's interesting, when I run I don't listen to music or speak to my running partner (we both prefer it that way) as I like to just think of nothing and just be. People find me strange for it lol.
    So the tank sounds tempting but I think I'll feel claustrophobic so I might stick to my running and find another reward.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I’m going to exercise. Just wanted to put that on here so I have to because I don’t want to be a fibber! 😂
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 128.7
    CW: 128.5

• micki48
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    I’m going to exercise. Just wanted to put that on here so I have to because I don’t want to be a fibber! 😂

Did you? (Because you put it here?)
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    AmyRobF wrote: »

Did you? (Because you put it here?)

Yes I did!! Going for 45 minutes today. 😁
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    A bakery here specifically makes a low FODMAP loaf, and she gave me a piece to try and it tastes pretty good. They also had sourdough which I can eat.

So now I can have toast or sandwiches. But I'm still looking at a solid week of chicken and rice or chicken sandwich dinners. I want a burger. :(

At least my weight and stomach are behaving a little more normally at the moment.
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    So, @jugar, I've finally buckled down, and tracked everything today and stayed under goal! I was tracking all week but rarely stayed under calories and didn't track late night munchies.

What has helped me get back on track: I increased my calories a little, so my deficit is smaller but it gives me a little more leeway with food. It's a mental thing more then anything. Instead of 'sod it, day is ruined' when I eat too much, now I'm still 'under', so I chug on. Anyone else play mental games with themselves? I wish I didn't...
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    At least my weight and stomach are behaving a little more normally at the moment.

So glad you're feeling better!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686

during this entire process its always a mental mind game. I also wish I didn't. No matter what I do or say to myself I catch myself in a mental mind game. I really don't know how to change it. The scale gets to me all the time. One change I did make, it helped a little, was to only weigh in once a week no matter what. Good luck
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,115 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I had a lovely short trip in Vermont and New Hampshire - eating got completely crazy, though. But now I'm home and will behave myself again. I broke my sober September Monday evening and had a couple of beers with a lovely seared Ahi salad, but today was the craziest! We were super hungry this morning after sleeping out in the fairly cold night in a tent, so I had more calories for breakfast than I have in two meals most of the time, and then at my sister's on the way home there was an ice cream party happening. I caved and it was totally delicious. Tomorrow will be a perfectly strict day, I promise!

@Pearl4686 so good that you are finding a way to get back on track. The mind games are normal - we all do this, and fall for our own silly thinking - but then you find a way to stick with what you know will make you feel good about your actions. Then you have to find another one when the games start again - we are kind of hopeless, but at least we make progress!

@Andreabroadley I hope you feel better soon! There have been a lot of stomach issues going on in the team this month :|@Terytha - it seems yours are a tiny bit better, and I hope you find a way to eat more veggies and that the FODMAP thing is not too terrible once you know which things set you off. You are your own experiment right now - so keep the white coat on and record all of the results, ok?

Well done @AmyRobF ! You say it here, you have to do it!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP TIME!
    Remember to get those weigh-ins posted:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @tdrjustus3
    @Fourathomej
    @offitgoes

AND
    i5cbw6boj3tc.png
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,230 Member
    Options
    Username: fourathomej
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 147.8
    CW: 147.5
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,230 Member
    Options
    STEPS:

9/11 - 14882
    9/12 - 10396
    9/13 - 10254
    9/14 - 13810
    9/15 - 12919
    9/16 - 13402
    9/17 - 14016
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW: 176.6
    CW; 177.2
    Little shock. Thought I would show a lost but ate late last night and sleeping poorly over the past week. Avg just over 4 hours. It takes its toll after a while. So this next week going to work on quality sleep.
  • jugar
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    PW: 176.6
    CW; 177.2
    Little shock. Thought I would show a lost but ate late last night and sleeping poorly over the past week. Avg just over 4 hours. It takes its toll after a while. So this next week going to work on quality sleep.

it is amazing how much difference sleep makes - it is weird. I think we hang on to every calorie we eat when we don't sleep enough! So good luck with the zzzzzzz's. You will feel better!
This discussion has been closed.