Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,115 Member
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 177.2
    CW: 175.6

Excellent! Even though you have had your ups and downs this month, you are still down 1.4 pounds for the month. Do what you did this week for the next few, and October will be a month for the happy dance :smiley:

And @matthewsfive and @AmyRobF you can WIN at October! The months when you are involved, cheering on others, showing how you have kept a commitment (or had a bad day and got back on) - this is when things go really well. Food is 80% of weight loss (or so they say), so even on a day when you cannot get out and burn off some calories, keep a rein on the intake and all will keep going in the right direction. It is interesting that we say "rein it in" or other images with reins. If you ride horses, you know that the reins don't do much if the legs aren't coordinating the movement! You use a lot of leg power to guide the horse into your hands (reins) where you can be subtle and help the horse move lightly. Turning its head without driving the legs with your legs gets you nowhere! So yes, use the reins on your food, but be sure your legs are moving all the rest of you, mind included. You can do it!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @matthewsfive Some months are less friendly than others for sure, but you've got this October.

@AmyRobF I hope it was a really good donut. If you're gonna eat a donut, it's only fair for it to be the best possible donut. I'm hoping for 199 for the new year too. :)

My personal trainer quit to follow her dream of being a certified yoga instructor. I wish her the best of course, but everyone cross fingers that my new trainer is also great. I feel so awkward around new people.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    @matthewsfive Some months are less friendly than others for sure, but you've got this October.

@AmyRobF I hope it was a really good donut. If you're gonna eat a donut, it's only fair for it to be the best possible donut. I'm hoping for 199 for the new year too. :)

My personal trainer quit to follow her dream of being a certified yoga instructor. I wish her the best of course, but everyone cross fingers that my new trainer is also great. I feel so awkward around new people.

Oh, you bring back such sad memories. I had the most amazing trainer when I first started to get myself in shape and lose weight. I was a mess and very self conscious about the whole process, and she made it somehow work. I kept coming back, and it was great getting stronger and more confident. Then she left to go work at Yale University. I was happy for her, but really upset. She passed me on to one of the other trainers. He was super well qualified, really nice, and gave me a few years of great workouts. But it was never the same - she was something else. She could combine being tough and positive at the same time. He was actually a bit too gentle! But it went fine, once I adjusted to having to provide the enthusiasm more myself. I hope it works for you!

And yes, the best donut is really important. If you're going to eat one! There's a place near here called "Dora's Donuts". We have made up many stupid silly stories about Dora. But the donuts they make there are amazing. And I don't like donuts, so if I like them they must really be something! And don't get me started on her pies...
  • jugar
    Options
    With us a few days away from a new month... will YOU (yes YOU) be returning for another month with us? If yes, anything you'd like to see differently?

We'll be getting new members and the October chat will be opening soon. Once it does, go on over and introduce yourself. I'd like to see everyone post every day. That is my goal! I have no control over it, I know, but this team works SO well when everyone is in there. And we have to provide the week 1 challenge for all the teams!

IDEAS???
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Hi <peeks head tentatively into room> I’ve been ok food wise until today!!! Oh my goodness!! I don’t know what got into me but I feel like I ate everything. I’ve had more sugar than I’ve had in months. Three cookies and a malt milkshake, and that’s just the beginning. I’ve eaten all my grands scraps (or so it seems) and fast food for dinner. Now, I feel a bit like a rolly poly. Yikes!!! Hope I haven’t done too much damage. @mathewsfive I hear you about this month, but I know it’s not REALLY the month, but me. So, I’m with you to get more weight off for October. I need to schedule my exercise in my week. Also the one thing that would help me succeed(maybe two), is to be sure to log everything as I eat it and drink my water.

Ok - I did it. Today was really bad. It will be better from now on. Starting right now. Funny, all that senseless eating does not make my tummy feel good either.

Hope your day was better than mine!

@jugar glad your ankle is feeling better. Great that you joined the Sisterhood. You inspire me to do better.

@AmyRobF So you ate the donut. Now, it’s done. Let’s do this October loss thing. 199 for you and @Terytha by the new year. 180s for me. We can do this! Together!!

One more thing I want to say. Although I have not been perfect and I haven’t lost a lot of weight very quickly, I have learned a lot about healthy eating and myself and most importantly I have not given up and am still at it since my January 1st start. It may be a long, slow journey, but I’m going all the way.

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Username: fourathomej
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 147.5
    CW: 148

@jugar I too will make the commitment to check in everyday...except the weekends. I usually don't even get on my computer on the weekend...

I need to commit...I am having a problem just sticking to plan!
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    PW: 129.7
    CW: 128.7

OK --- so this was an amazing week weight wise, and I do feel like I'm cheating a bit -- I am one day late (so one extra day in there, except maybe I was a day late last week too? It is hard to keep track there's been so much going on...)

Anyway, in the "what goes up goes up faster than it comes back down" category, my hubbie and I went to a party last Saturday night and on Sunday morning (you know what's coming) I weighed in and had gone up 2 lbs. TWO POUNDS! Then, of course, it was football, and that was pizza and Guinness (followed by a power yoga session btw - hubbie's idea! and one of my favorite yoga teachers was there taking the class too; I told her I was doing it after drinking a Guinness and she smiled and said "I love you even more!" LOL! and then she said "Well, you're fully hydrated!" I told her this may become a thing! Guinness and yoga on Sunday!

Anyway, Sunday night was lobster ravioli (Hubby loves them - we get them at Trader Joe's -- and he bought them and we ate them!) and Monday morning was REALLY not a a good look at the scale -- 2.5 pounds up now.

So, for the last three days, it has been measured eating, good exercise (power yoga and lots of dog walking) and yesterday I was back to 129.4, and THIS MORNING (one day late!) I was 128.7. I'm eating (greens, protein, beautiful yummy little mandarin oranges and a handful of wasabi peas have become my afternoon snack) and I am registering a lost pound. Whaaat?

I am as amazed as anyone! Good weeks everyone! Thank you for everything you write -- I skim through when I'm as busy as I've been, but man this group is a great place to visit!
  • jugar
    Options
    HAPPY THURSDAY!

I like the beginning of build up of energy for October - keep it coming! I just had a bad couple of days for eating too, and I'm not sure how lovely my weigh-in will be tomorrow. I have been doing less intense exercise while my ankle heals, and still eating what I usually eat, plus some indulgences. Time to cut that stuff out... Even down in maintenance range, it is still always something we need to work on. Sigh.

Today only one weigh-in! @cory17 - hope you have had a good week!

@fourathomej - thanks for the commitment to posting during the week. I think it really makes a difference, even though I understand how hard it is for some people with jobs, kids at home, etc. I still have a kid (adult!) at home but he's a huge help, so I can't complain. Yours will get big some day too! But this team works best when all the members are in here pulling their oars, pushing each other, complaining, laughing - whatever it takes.

The moderators are thinking about doing a version of "the last 90 days" - starting October 1, there are 3 months left until the new year. There are a few people on other teams doing a web-based program to make those 90 days full of progress towards the kind of goals that are usually new year's resolutions. We think it would be easier for most of our team members to have an "in house" version to make it easier to jump in and try it. This would be a new chat room that anyone in any team could use. What do you think about that? Would it be helpful? Or would it be better just to do something on each team separately?
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    CW 216.6
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    @jugar Next week I'm headed to a lakeside Michigan resort for my son's wedding. Don't think there will be a scale around so not planning to weigh in next Thursday. Wish me success foodwise, please.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @Terytha and @micki48 the donuts was AMAZING! It is from a local bakery. Bavarian Creme!

The month of October I want to be a LOSER of weight that is! This journey is so hard, it’s frustrating because sometimes I feel it is so much easier for others but I know deep down they are struggling too.

I have the time to check in everyday and I’m not sure why I don’t. But I will try!

I hope everyone has a great start to October!!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW 208
    CW 208
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    @jugar Next week I'm headed to a lakeside Michigan resort for my son's wedding. Don't think there will be a scale around so not planning to weigh in next Thursday. Wish me success foodwise, please.
    No problem! Have a wonderful time - and enjoy every minute. You'll see us in the October chat when you return! I have put you down for an excused weigh in for week 1 of October, so you won't be due to weigh in again until October 10th.
  • jugar
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    @Terytha and @micki48 the donuts was AMAZING! It is from a local bakery. Bavarian Creme!

The month of October I want to be a LOSER of weight that is! This journey is so hard, it’s frustrating because sometimes I feel it is so much easier for others but I know deep down they are struggling too.

I have the time to check in everyday and I’m not sure why I don’t. But I will try!

I hope everyone has a great start to October!!
    You are right - this is the hardest thing ever. Even though I did not have the amount of weight to lose that many people have, losing and keeping off the 40 pounds and staying there within a reasonable window is hard. It is a huge accumulation of many factors, and continues to be something we need to be a bit obsessed with. Humans are made to live through seriously restricted choices, so in our lovely world of too many choices, we don't seem to be well equipped to make good ones very easily! So yes, keep on checking in every day, try to pre-log your food and stick to it, and all the other things you already know what to do. It is scary, but SO worth it. Pick that reward you'll give yourself when you get under 200 and stay there for a couple of weeks, ok? And, not a donut! :D
  • jugar
    edited September 2019
    Options
    HEADS UP! I'm late with my Friday reminder - so today here you are:
    @Connie7355
    @martinesther88
    @Pearl4686
    @visiri
    @berriesandsunshine

I had a very disappointing week, and I know why. SO - back to it! Hope yours were better!
  • micki48
    Options
    At least my stats for this year are way better than this. — Progress!
    nnl3e4cbc723.png
  • micki48
    Options
    So many things. First I really wish this platform was easier to use and respond to each other than it is. I mostly use the mobil app and I have to keep in my mind all the things I want to comment until I get to the end.

@AmyRobF and others, this is SO hard!!!

@juliemagaretkim I hear you! Why does ONE bad day of food send the scale on an upward rocket blast, but MANY good days does not rocket it down? Just need to remember, we are more than the numbers on the scale.

@cory17 congratulations on your son’s marriage! Have a great time and enjoy this special day.

@jugar the new 90 day challenge sounds great. Anything novel keeps my brain interested and motivated I find. Whether we do it here or a different thread or both doesn’t matter to me. Advantage to this group is it is more intimate and we “know” each other. Advantage of whole group thread - lots of other ideas and perhaps more activity.

Not totally back on track, but trying. This week has been tough.

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weigh in friday
    PW: 174.1
    CW: 175.5 :(
    Hoping to make October count
    Definitely up for another challenge!
    Still reading everyone's posts, just a little overwhelmed ATM (called life!) But hopefully getting back soon.
    Keep it going
  • jugar
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @micki48 - I agree, the mobile app for the discussion is terrible. It is better for the diary, but otherwise, I'm not too fond of it, and do most all of the chat room stuff on my laptop. It's a drag for people who are mostly using mobile, though. But it is good to keep trying! But your exercise and mileage are impressive now compared to before! Well done :)o:)

@Pearl4686 - we'll get there! keep it going indeed. As my musician friends say, do your best. every day. every time. Sometimes our best isn't great, but doing it is the only way to improve it! hugs to you <3
  • jugar
    Options
This discussion has been closed.