SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited September 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the SEPTEMBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the SEPTEMBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Mari- @mari_moulin ( GROUP OWNER)
Steve - @steplaj
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @shockvalue07
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @shockvalue07 @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @teresaw1020
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - open

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for SEPTEMBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• Beka3695
    Options
    HELLO SHRINKERS!!!

I am Beka, your Team Motivator and Group Moderator.

I am 42, married and mom of 2 daughters and 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia. FEEL FREE TO READ MY POSTS WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232 in July. I did a complete reset as of August 1… Cleared my +1000 day streak and started over. It has been VERY liberating!

My MOE is CICO. I cannot stick with anything else. Keto sounds good to me, but so does bread.

My Stats:
    5'7' and 42
    HW:242 – October 2016
    Restart: 232 – July 2019
    CW:220.2 as of 08/24

September Goals:
    - LOG EVERY DARN BITE!
    - Stay under 1300 average daily intake
    - Drink my water
    - Keep my feet moving

We have a lot of veterans on this team, but will have a lot of new folks, too. Please feel free to ask questions -even if you think they are silly. Chances are, someone else is wondering the same thing.

Please reach out to me if you need me! I am here to be of any assistance possible.

Please make your journals public. I mainly ask this bc I get bored and will stalk your stuff for new ideas. Again- you might have the trick that someone else needs.

Let's have fun and SHRINK OUR ASSETS!!!!!!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    HELLO SHRINKERS!!! (I am copying a lot from my lova @Beka3695 )

I am Julie, one of your team captains

I have been on here for over 5 yrs. I have had the good and the bad. I try to watch my carbs a lot but damn, Wine is so tasty LOL
    I am training with my boyfriend for our 2nd half marathon together. That is not until November 30th though.

My Stats:
    5'2' and 37
    Highest: 237
    Lowest: 132
    CW: 175 as of 8/23/19
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    @beohle I like the way you gave a capital letter to 'wine' as if to say "This a friend of mine - his name is Wine" :D
  • boehle
    Options
    @beohle I like the way you gave a capital letter to 'wine' as if to say "This a friend of mine - his name is Wine" :D

between my Dog and Wine, they are my best friends lol
  • Beka3695
    Options
    boehle wrote: »

This is completely accurate.

BTW - today is National Red Wine Day. Jules - I know you are a white drinker, but I feel we still need to honor the day.
  • boehle
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    boehle wrote: »

This is completely accurate.

BTW - today is National Red Wine Day. Jules - I know you are a white drinker, but I feel we still need to honor the day.

What if its drank in a RED cup?
  • boehle
    Options
    I highly suggest to everyone to add your team members so they can see your workouts and root you on.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kate, kilobykilo a brit living in Portugal. Did my first month as a 'shrinker' in July and loved it, had a month off for holidays and travelling etc in august but cant wait to get back in September!

Highest weight was around 220, lowest 175.8 in july. Will re weigh on Saturday but expecting to be around 190 and excited to see off the pounds gained this month!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Linda and I am also one of the team captains.

I am 55, married with 3 children and 2 beautiful granddaughters. My 3rd granddaughter will be born durning the September challenge. I have 3 fur babies, with the most recent addition being my senior beagle Molly. I am really enjoying being a doggy Mom. I am originally from Newfoundland but I have lived in London, Ontario for 20 years now.

I have been with this group since February. I owe my success to the support of the group and MFP in general. I count calories and walk for exercise. I am going to add some strength training this month.

Stats:
    5’4” and 55
    HW: 266 December 2018
    SW: 262.8 February 2019
    CW: 210.6 August 23, 2019
    UGW: 140

September Goals:
    1. Log all food and close diary
    2. Add strength training to my exercise plan
    3. Work on maintaining my step goal
    4. Minimum of 20 minutes of exercise every day except Sunday

Welcome to the new challengers and all those returning!
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in on 8/22/201929
    Previous Weight: 232.3
    Current Weight: 230.2
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the previous post. That went into the wrong month...

Stats:
    4 foot 11 and 3/4ths
    Level 33
    HW: 258 May 2019
    CW: 230.2 August 29, 2019
    Sept GW: 225
    UGW: 180

September Goals:
    1. Log all food and close diary
    2. Make to it all three classes at the gym every week (Mon: Core Conditioning, Wed: Pound, Thur: Moving and Grooving)
    4. Drink drink and drink more water.

• KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am always shy when new! Hey everyone and I am excited to be here!

I have been on MFP since Aug 2015 so pretty much exactly four years. I was at my heaviest at 267 and I was really getting tired of not being able to fit clothes. I was really hesitant to start calorie counting because I thought it was just another thing that wouldn't work, but it DID! When I got to 199 I told myself never to over again - and I got right down to 187 about two years ago. But I got lazy, stopped counting and logging, and ate "normally" and sometimes totally overate - and regained right back up to where I am now at 217 ish. So I am ready to re-lose and then keep losing hopefully!

I love food, not gonna lie. There is one thing I've realized is that I can eat anything even junk food. I lost the weight I did because I allowed all the yummy things I enjoy. I remember eating candy and McDonalds and losing pounds! It's pretty cool! But counting Cheetos isn't so easy - it's like, "That's all I get?!" LOL!

I live in the prairies of Canada and I am 34 years old as of this past July. I enjoy cooking and baking, animals, the outdoors, and gardening - which is probably my biggest form of exercise! My yard is crammed with flowers and veggies. I also have two cats, mostly indoors but one likes to join me in the garden! I have catnip planted as well! The growing season is short up here so I gotta make the most of it!

I am looking foward to getting to know you all and hope to have fun while losing weight!

Stats for me are:

Height - 5'8
    SW Aug 2015 - 267
    Lowest in 2017 - 187
    Current - 217.4
    Goal - 164.4

September goals:
    Count the cals, logging.
    Gardening for exercise!
    Weighing in only once a week, not checking every day.

Best of luck to everyone!!!

• iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    hi I'm Kelly 47 year old single mom of two love to run my struggle lies with the food going to tackle that this month my only goal is to log everything that goes in my mouth honestly. Welcome to all the newbies we got this!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi, September is my eighth month on the challenge, I'm Australian, mum to a 14 yr old.

I have gained and lost weight a number of times over the years, seems a terrible cycle, with each gain bigger than the previous loss. Am hoping this new way of eating is sustainable long term, not just for weight loss but for maintenance ever after.

I eat low-carb, moderate protein, moderate healthy fats, naturally fermented foods high in probiotics, avoid processed and refined foods, and I do intermittent fasting. I have insulin resistance and am on Metformin, and a sluggish thyroid (no meds for thyroid, only supplements, so far).

Since joining this challenge I've lost 38.4kgs / 84.7lbs, my sleep has improved (am no longer an epic snorer, for which my husband is grateful), I wake refreshed in the morning and have much better energy levels during the day. Stress can be an issue for me - my daughter has health issues and I am primary carer - however, I have stopped stress eating and am pretty good at sticking to my way of eating.

My stats:
    169cm / 5'7'
    40 years
    Highest Weight: 263.5lbs/119.5kg (27th January 2019)
    September Challenge Start Weight: 182.8 lbs /82.9 kgs (26th August)
    September Challenge Goal Weight: 176.2 lbs /79.9 kgs (23rd September)

Additional goals:
    1) This month I am going to give yoga and running (couch to 5k) another try. These are things I have done successfully in the past, at a lower weight, but found myself too big to enjoy when I was obese. Now that I've lost some weight, I might be able to get back into them.
    2) I'm experimenting with homemade kombucha. I started making it last week, but haven't yet drunk any, and - if it's like any of my past fermenting experiments - it will take some trial and error to get right.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My september starts here and boy am I excited!

August has taught me I'm not ready yet to holiday in moderation, but, I still hope that this will end up being a positive side effect of this journey one day!

Weighed in this morning at 185.8 (0.4 above my start weight in July where I lost 10lb 😌 ) hoping a chunk of that is water weight and so aiming for a good first week loss as I stop eating all things processed!

My Stats:
    5'7' and 34
    CW: 185.8 as of 31/8
    Sept GW: 178
    I'm not aiming to obsess about food and weight as I did in July so am lessening my aim but would like to be firmly in the 170s by the end of the month.
    Ultimate GW: somewhere between 170 and 156..... the first always seemed just about possible over the years I spent around 200lb whereas the second, healthy BMI, seemed plain frightening. Now I'm closer to 170 and healthier in body and mindset I think I'll want to be lower than the first to be truly healthy and feel good about myself, I just dont know how much lower yet.

September Goals:
    - LOG EVERY DARN BITE! (Thanks @Beka3695 !!)
    - weekly calorie deficit (-1.5lb goal) with some weekend splurging allowed. But come on kate, not all of the food
    - get back into exercise, running and strength
    - be kind to myself and enjoy the ride
    - check in here every day

@Beka3695 nice to meet you! Your keto v bread comment made me laugh!
    Love the ring goal story. I have the same, without the sentiment, in that I bought a pair if trakkies size L from an unfamiliar shop at the beginning of the year. In most shops I'm an L here so seemed fine. Got them home and barely got them to my knees..... now I try them once a month and take a photo. Before Christmas I'll be wearing those damn pants!

@boehle hope you had that 'red' wine!
    I'm training for a 10k in october and only ran twice in august so it's going to be a struggle getting back to it..... I'm absolutely not built to do this running thing but am excited to get there :) sharing training tips would be awesome

@lindamtuck2018 so lovely to read how well you and Molly are getting along! Totally making me dog broody :)
    What is your strength training plan? It is something I also want to do but haven't got far with how and what just yet....

@LovebyDraug69 hello!

@KittyInBoots17 I'm with you on loving food, all of it. All of the time. Sigh!
    I'm toying with moving to once a week weigh ins rather than daily to stop me obsessing, but not sure I'm ready..... maybe Saturday and Wednesday this month as a compromise!

@iamworthy14 yay to loving running, I hope one day I can say the same! Learning to run is hard work for me so would love any tips! I think your aim for the month is awesome and it is something I also must do.

@Luciicul I just had to google kombucha but it looks interesting, let us know how it tastes and if it has any positive effects!
    Good luck with C25K, it amazed me each week :)

This weekend I am mainly getting my head ready for the return to work on Monday, getting my flat clean and back to feeling like my sanctuary, planning and cooking for success, getting back to exercise and also watching some European canoe polo championships which is randomly happening in the river outside my house!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    September challenge, week 1 goals
    1. 8000 steps daily except Sunday
    2. Strength train at least once this week
    3. Be very mindful of my water intake

Once again I am going to set myself weekly goals on the Saturday of each week of the challenge. I will check in throughout the week so I can keep myself accountable. We went out to a Chinese buffet tonight. I don’t mind the calories as much as the sodium. I will have to drown myself this week to try and overcome the water retention.

@kilobykilo I haven’t really set a plan yet. I will start back with the basic machines. I will start with a trainer once I feel I am ready to commit to training regularly.
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hello! Can I get added back for September? @Beka3695 hunted me down ha. SW 228.2
This discussion has been closed.