SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    New Month begins a new step challenge! Who is in? Just let us know your Steps daily or every few day. We need them starting with Sunday, September 1st
    wv6j1adh5tve.jpeg
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 That's awesome! I'm actually in Northern California, so sadly you probably won't see me any races in your area. That's not to say never though -- I've been wanting to do some destination runs!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul
    Week 1, Monday
    PW: 182.8 lbs
    CW: 181.4 lbs
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    Sat 31- 10923
    Sun 1 - 13365

Had a great day yesterday at the european canoe polo championships.

Didnt help me get me back on track though! Back to work today after 4.5 weeks, hoping the tourine will gelp me get back into logging.....
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    @Beka3695 you're making me want to go hide shopping 😂

Damn autocorrect, hoodie!

jhpzbb95z5vv.jpg

@kilobykilo Have I got to send this back now?

• kilobykilo
    Options
    @Beka3695 you're making me want to go hide shopping 😂

Damn autocorrect, hoodie!

jhpzbb95z5vv.jpg

@kilobykilo Have I got to send this back now?

😂
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    7j61x2ucqj9l.jpg

I love your toenail color!!!

Thank you! They've been mad and bright for most of the summer...... this is my back to work look 😄
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/31 18,775
    9/1 3,557
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps:
    Sat 31- 10923
    Sun 1 - 13365

Had a great day yesterday at the european canoe polo championships.

Didnt help me get me back on track though! Back to work today after 4.5 weeks, hoping the tourine will gelp me get back into logging.....

Can I get your steps for Friday?
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    New Month begins a new step challenge! Who is in? Just let us know your Steps daily or every few day. We need them starting with Sunday, September 1st
    wv6j1adh5tve.jpeg

Steps
    9/1
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Pam. I live in the Midwest of the US, but was born and raised in Washington State.

This is my 2nd go-around on MFP. I had some success 2 years ago but wasn't ready to put in the work. But my diabetes reared its ugly head and my doctor put the fear into me this year. So I am losing weight for my health this time, instead of for my appearance (however, I may be 60, but still want to look good!)

I have been with Shrinking Assets since June. Love this group, the support and encouragement, and being accountable. I follow a 1,425 calorie, lower sodium diet.

Stats:
    5'4" and age 60.
    Starting weight 264.5 (Feb 2019)
    Current weight: 234 (02 Sep 2019)
    Goal weight: 195 (then re-evaluate)

September Goals:
    1. Log all my food
    2. Drink my water
    3. Get back with my elliptical trainer (I have been slacking). Start with 3x weekly at 20 minutes activity.

Welcome to all new members! Wishing you all the best as we work towards our health journeys.
  • Pamela_Sue
    edited September 2019
    Options
    My Monday weigh-in:
    Previous week: 234.5
    Current weight: 234

This was the first week since I began my program back in February that I actually followed my plan exactly for the entire week. I was 'perfect'. Yet, sigh, 'only' 1/2 pound lost this week. After my huge weight last of 6 pounds last week, I TOLD myself that I may very likely have little to no weight loss this week. And that is precisely what happened.

Interesting how quickly I lose patience, always wanting to see the numbers going down on the scale. And I admit, sometimes I worry when the numbers don't go down, asking myself, am I bottoming out on my weight loss? Trust the process, Pam, trust the process. I grocery shop tomorrow and will work hard to be smart about my choices.

Oh, my September goal. I so dearly want to end September below 230. I am still Category 3 Obese, and 229 pounds will finally get me to Category 2 Obese, plus into a new 'decade' of the 220's. I will strive for 229 and do my best. That is all we can ask of ourselves.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Meal prepping. Here's sausage for breakfast and bacon for my salads
    iek85c9yl78r.jpg
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @Pamela_Sue the scales can play mind games sometimes, but, seriously? 6.5lbs in two weeks is AMAZING!

Dont let the mind games win, keep sound what you are doing because you are awesome!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s weigh ins:
    @iamworthy14
    @Toulon
  • Pamela_Sue
    Options
    @kilobykilo Thanks so much for the positive words. Yes, I was on fire for August, after an overall weight gain in July. A lot of water weight and much hard work. It is the week-to-week that is sometimes difficult. Oh, me of little patience!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!! Is this long weekend almost over???

I must confess.... I have regressed this weekend. I have not tracked accurately, but I am back on track for tomorrow.

I have prepped breakfast and made lunch for tomorrow.
    4lw795a7fcmt.jpeg
    hpuyb0swf4ff.jpeg

My grilled chicken looks and smells delicious.

I have guests most all day today. At one point I found myself grazing on chips/crisps. I know that I’ve gone over, but starting NOW I am back in control. September has 30 days. Just because I over indulged the first two doesn’t mean the whole month is ruined!!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    cw0pv71az9x8.jpeg
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    5xos398m2us6.jpg

My wheel is expressing all you need to know about how my plans are going right now!
This discussion has been closed.