@Toulon

Wednesday
    @KittyInBoots

Thursday
    @corporatelawmom
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Got my new stationary bike and I love it! My kids love it too and my 9 year old keeps telling me she's going to use it more than me lol. I'm going to take that as a challenge.
    😁
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    I have a silly question. I am marinating my chicken overnight for supper tomorrow. Do I count calories from the marinade and how do I determine how much would go on each chicken thigh?
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Steps so far:
    Mon 6323
    Tue 11 036
    Wed 13455
    Thu 9697

My steps yesterday sum up my week of exhaustion.... couldn't muster the energy to do 300 steps of chores to keep my goal streak.

Anyway, made it to Friday and a much needed weekend is right around the corner! My weigh in tomorrow isn't going to be the post holiday whoosh I'd hoped for as I've been far from on it, but, I've been much better than holiday mode, so, progress has been made!

Going to read back through now for some personals, I've been very selfish this week with my over tiredness!

Happy Friday all!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    I have a silly question. I am marinating my chicken overnight for supper tomorrow. Do I count calories from the marinade and how do I determine how much would go on each chicken thigh?

@lindamtuck2018 you should count them. If unsure on the total content find a similar off the shelf product and use their info.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    @Pamela_Sue I'm another overeater and can easily double up on portions if not careful. I plan my week out on a weekend and then make sure I make 'lefovers' and official meal on my plan soni cant decide to eat both halves in one sitting. Also, as I live alone, when I batch cook I always freeze in weighed single portions even if I will likely eat 2 meals the same on consecutive days so the portioning is already done.

Body image is something that I struggle with.... I'm starting to think I look okay, until I see myself in a group photo and get a wake up call I do need to lose this last 20-30 lbs to be 'average'in terms of body shape and size. I do wonder if I were living in Britain where normal is getting bigger and bigger if I'd still feel that though.

@Beka3695 love the detox tips, even though I'm not quite there yet 5 days post overindulgence!
    I also didnt set weekly goals, or, if I did dont remember them so certainly aeent working towards them! I like that you're easing yourself back into it and not overthinking getting back on track.

@171lake take that loss!

@ngk2000 you are my hero! Great goals, great steps, great loss! Well done, keep it going!

@TheMrWobbly 3% big boned is good for me, as self diagnosed big boned to keep in mind! How's the bike?

@Luciicul your progress is amazing, well done!

@LovebyDraug69 well done on the loss!

@corriepelc great stepping!

@LonniJay yay to the exercise bike! I'd love one but really don't have space!

@lindamtuck2018 for marinating I'd make a recipe. All the thighs and all the marinade ingredients and then the amount of servings the total will make. If you're not planning on tipping the marinade remains over the chicken when cooking, maybe just use half the amounts in your recipe?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

This is a difficult question... I would suggest YES - count it, but maybe as a tsp or half tsp of oil or maybe 25 cal. My go to marinade is 1/4c oil, vinegar, and water -- then add the seasoning you like. I did a Moroccan last week that was TO DIE FOR! Most of it stays in the bag or container, but a nice oil coating remains on the chicken.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    PW 207.8
    CW 210.6

Well that’s a real kick in the pants.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    PW 207.8
    CW 210.6

Well that’s a real kick in the pants.

Weights fluctuate.... you cant be down every week.
    Look at where you were a year ago... now look in the mirror - YOU ARE A WINNER!!
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 9/5 17,672
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Enjoy life onederland @cre804
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    *in
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    KittyInBoots17
    Friday, normally Wednesday. Sorry for the delay.
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 216.8

I'm happy with it, after the long weekend and spending all week getting the weight back down and a little bit extra!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've found your body image discussions quite interesting! I often read how other people are dropping sizes. I looked forward to it when I started here. At one point, I was at 187lbs... and to me, I still looked and felt "fat". I barely dropped one size from 267, but I think it's due to my height - I'm 5'8, so the fat is more spread out...lol! It's pretty much the reason I regained 25lbs. It was like there was no motivation, because I still need XL/XXL shirts no matter what it seems! I often wonder if I'll ever be able to wear an L - just how awesome that would feel! Anytime I need some motivation I just look in the mirror, haha! But anyways, keep up the efforts everyone!!!
  • Beka3695
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Weigh ins and steps posted thus far

Missing Weigh Ins
    @toulon - Due Monday
    @corporatelawmom - due Thursday

Today
    @mustb60
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong

On deck for Saturday