SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,541 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone! Some people are expressing their struggles and some are keeping them within. This is a good place to sound off so let's here what you really want to say.

Mine is why the *kitten* did I sign up to 200 miles of cycling when I am clearly and moving liability. Things will get better, I will not give in and will achieve my goal. If you fancy a chuckle at my mishaps (and I am laughing at myself so no guilt involved) check out my updates https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10755847/cancer-research-cycle-300-or-cycle-200-in-september#latest
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    WEEK ONE TALLIES ARE IN BOOKS AND HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

if6q82wtxrjy.png
    THE WINNERS ARE...

mv1eztttn8uv.png
    TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.34%
    INDIVIDUAL % @buniphuphu 4.50%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 15.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @buniphuphu 11.8

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 52.4 POUNDS OR 0.20% !!!!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.34%
    2nd Workout Warriors 0.25%
    3rd Trimstones 0.22%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 15.2
    2nd Workout Warriors 11.9
    3rd Trimstones 9.4

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @buniphuphu 4.50%
    2nd @SaraMakingChanges 2.63%
    3rd @raleighgirl09 2.27%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @buniphuphu 11.8
    2nd @SaraMakingChanges 4.8
    3rd @raleighgirl09 5.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @DreaRN15
    @SLIMN2016
    @SarahGilfach
    @kdv12
    @megnolia82
    @cassiegetsfit2013
    @MARNIsw
    @Pearl4686
    @iamworthy14

• corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Sorry for not posting sooner. I was out of town for work, which sadly also threw off my eating and workout schedule.

PW 179
    CW 180
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    y97wec0avrhi.png
    PART1
    WE THOUGHT WE WOULD CHALLENGE YOU TO BRING OUT AND DISPLAY YOUR VERY BEST MOTIVATION SCENARIO
    WHAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED????
    PART2 BRING THE FUNNY
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    This week's group challenge, compliments of Slimpossibles motivator @AustinRuadhain and captain/motivator @TeresaW2010, has been posted at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10763544/week-2-group-challenge-by-the-slimpossibles#latest
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    xxbzfs755as9.jpg

Food, exercise and schedule planned.

Goals for the week -

Log everything Monday to Friday (I'm away this weekend so not kidding myself I'll be strict)

Exercise everyday as per plan

Jumping on the sleep band wagon, in bed by 10 30 every night

Curb evening snacks, they've been my downfall this month so far
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,265 Member
    Guess who I found?

Your new member @machchic came and posted on Team WaistAways today, so I have given her the link to come on over here to post from now on. This was her message:
    machchic wrote: »
    Ok my weigh in is 167.9, not sure how I log this. 6 days this week walking more than 4+ miles a day outside.

If she doesn't see my reply over on the WaistAways chat, and you don't see her show up here, it might be a good idea to send a message. Thanks!
  • kilobykilo
    Friday steps: 10823
    Saturday steps: 15872
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Guess who I found?

Your new member @machchic came and posted on Team WaistAways today, so I have given her the link to come on over here to post from now on. This was her message:
    machchic wrote: »
    Ok my weigh in is 167.9, not sure how I log this. 6 days this week walking more than 4+ miles a day outside.

If she doesn't see my reply over on the WaistAways chat, and you don't see her show up here, it might be a good idea to send a message. Thanks!

Thank you
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited September 2019
    eoxsxpy0mfbt.jpeg
    dtaag9iqt35r.jpeg
    2fihf2uxmfkp.jpeg
    gokxnt9maylv.jpeg

Food prep pics.

I just think the beet is so pretty :)
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Luciicul
    Monday, Week 2
    PW: 181.4 lbs
    CW: 180.3 lbs

Mindgames suck. Rational me says "this is good sustainable weight loss"; but it is hard to be excited when for the last month my weight loss has slowed down from what it used to be. In the first 6 months my weight loss averaged 1.3kgs (2.8lbs) per week, which of course elevated my expectations, so now that my rate of loss is less than half that (0.5kgs /1.1 lbs per week), I am second-guessing myself and wondering if I am doing something 'wrong' or not good enough.

While it's a good opportunity to clean up my act a little where I have slipped (give up the sugar-free chocolate!), I think I have to do more of the mental stuff to reframe my expectations so I can embrace every week even if weight loss is slow, stalls, or goes backwards.

In this regard, many of you here are hugely inspiring. You've got so much drive to be able to keep motivated and (mostly) on track even when the scales don't show your work.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,767 Member
    @Luciicul your rational you is right. Recommended weight loss is between 1 and 2 pounds a week. At the beginning or if we have a substantial amount of weight to lose, weight comes off pretty fast. You have done an awesome job with your weight loss. I don’t think you have done anything wrong. A rate of 1.1 pounds a week works out to be 57.2 pounds a year. In my book, you are a success. My dietician reminded me last week at my visit that there are lots of bumps in weight loss. It never is the same from week to week.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,421 Member
    Steps:
    9/5
    9/6
    9/7
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps:
    9/5
    9/6
    9/7

We need your steps for the 4th also. I scrolled back but I can’t find them
  • kilobykilo
    @corriepelc amazing! Well done you!

@Luciicul everything you've written makes so much sense to me, too. No matter how much we understand and believe a lb a week is great progress, how will we ever believe it to be true? Maybe in 6 months time when we look back at the bigger picture? It's hard but I hope these mind games are helping prepare us for a long life of maintenance too.....?

@Beka3695 yum! I'm on mission eat up the freezer this week but kinda missed meal prep yesterday!

Happy monday everyone, let's do this!
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    corriepelc wrote: »
    Ran my first race of the fall season this morning. It was a 10 mile race and I CRUSHED it! My goal was to finish it in 2:10:00 -- I crossed the finish line at 1:59:19! I am SO proud of myself! Despite my weight struggles right now, I'm still getting stronger, and that's what counts!

Congrats on the great race!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Good Morning Team
    Sorry I was not around much last week. All kinds of personal BS going on but I am back and doing my best.
    My goals this week are to stay low carb as much as possible.
    Drinks lots of water and no soda.
    Log everything before it enters my mouth
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    @corriepelc 10 miles in under 2 hours is AMAZING!!! Way to go!!

@kilobykilo I am trying to do the same with both freezer and pantry. I am a food hoarder... For real, not even joking. For the next several weeks I will be playing a game called "Expired stuff I'm feeding Kevin." My lunches are both freezer items. Two down 35 to go. LOL I have a large freezer in my basement. It is an old dinosaur. Once it is empty - it is going away!!! It uses too much electricity and becomes were food goes to die. I anticipate it will take 3 more months to empty without maddening ourselves.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Monday’s Weigh Ins:
    @Pamela_Sue
    @iamworthy14
    @Toulon
This discussion has been closed.