SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SHRINKING ASSETS
    IT'S MY GOAL TO STOP IN AND SAY HI ONCE A WEEK . I PROMISED MARI THAT I WOULD BE INVOLVED WITH ALL THE TEAMS AFTER TAKING THE GROUP OVER THIS PAST WEEK.
    I SEE A LOT OF GREAT THINGS HAPPENING HERE ON THE TEAM

@corriepelc ... NICELY DONE ON THE RACE.. NO WAY NO HOW THIS OL GUY CAN DO THAT

@Beka3695 AND @kilobykilo ... I CLEANED OUT BOTH FREEZERS THIS PAST WEEK AND WHAT A MESS THEY WERE I ORGANIZED THEM LIKE I DID BACK IN THE DAY AT THE RESTAURANT. I ORGANIZED ALL OF MARCIE'S TAKE TO SCHOOL LUNCHES ON ONE SHELF NOW IT'S JUST A GRAB AND GO THING FOR ME.

@lindamtuck2018 AND @LaurieWrobo
    WTG ON THE STEP COUNT LOOKS LIKE YOU BOTH ARE KILLIN IT

T A VERY HUGE THANKS TO @Beka3695 @boehle AND @lindamtuck2018 FOR DOING A GREAT JOB HERE WITH YOUR TEAM..

WHAT YA SAY WE ALL HAVE A GREAT MONTH
    GREG
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Iamworthy14
    Mondays
    PW 158.8?
    CW 157.0
    I've been doing well logging pretty faithfully. Found this week I made a few bad choices to Make cookies and buy can't for my family and I ended up overeating it.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    @Luciicul everything you've written makes so much sense to me, too. No matter how much we understand and believe a lb a week is great progress, how will we ever believe it to be true? Maybe in 6 months time when we look back at the bigger picture? It's hard but I hope these mind games are helping prepare us for a long life of maintenance too.

I totally get this. I have weeks, or a month, were my weight drops and I think, 'this is easy peasy'. Then other times, it moves at a snail's pace and I lose confidence in myself and the process. And it doesn't take much to put me in this negative mindset. I agree that perhaps when we have 6 months or more of success behind us, we will gain the confidence that what we are doing does indeed work. That is my hope.

Also, thanks to everyone who responded to my post about body image. It is so helpful being in this group and learning that I am not alone in my thinking. @TheMrWobbly I watched the video and it reaffirmed my weigh-in method I began in August. For my new method, I still weigh daily, but only record my weight if it is the same or down. By not recording the upticks in weight, I am reinforcing to myself the thought that yes, I am following the plan, and yes, any upward ticks are just normal fluctuations in weight. This keeps me from obsessing over daily weight gains and keeps me looking at the positive. I do, however, record any upticks on weight on Mondays, as that is my official weigh-in day.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    PW: 234
    CW: 233

I am quite happy with the 1 pound loss this week. However, I did go off the rails for several days and ate at maintenance, or even above. So I find myself asking, 'what if'?

I am my own worst critic.

My September goal is still to reach 229. This is 4 pounds away with 3 Mondays left in September, so it is possible, but it will be close. Onward and downward!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @corriepelc 10 miles in under 2 hours is AMAZING!!! Way to go!!

@kilobykilo I am trying to do the same with both freezer and pantry. I am a food hoarder... For real, not even joking. For the next several weeks I will be playing a game called "Expired stuff I'm feeding Kevin." My lunches are both freezer items. Two down 35 to go. LOL I have a large freezer in my basement. It is an old dinosaur. Once it is empty - it is going away!!! It uses too much electricity and becomes were food goes to die. I anticipate it will take 3 more months to empty without maddening ourselves.

Doesn't everyone freeze their garbage before throwing it away? And Kevins were BORN to help you dispose of expired foodstuffs :p
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 9/7 17,918
    Steps 9/8 6,766

Yesterday was a day of football and indulgence...burger, beer, pizza...more beer and not much exercise.
    Here's to "Back on Track Monday"!
  • corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Last week wasn't my best. Traveling for work + other personal stuff I've been dealing with have hurt my progress. I'm trying to get back on track. So far I should be under calories for today. I also ran this morning and did yoga over lunch. Here's to a better week!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,543 Member
    Options
    I think we did better than we think we did in week 1 as a team???
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I’m all for BACK ON TRACK!!!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Monday 20.30, back on track is being tested to the limits..... water time 🤪
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, Happy Monday!

I'll admit I went over this weekend - but not too bad. I hope it doesn't affect my weight too much but we'll see. I believe we can finish higher in the team rankings this week!

It's getting cool here this week but not freezing at night yet, so my garden plants should be ok. I totally don't like it when I have start covering things at night. I figure two - three weeks at best before that happens. I've noticed some of my tomatoes are starting to ripen, I'm really excited lol! But the leaves on the trees are starting to change color. Fall is almost here.

It's actually a really nice time of year to be outside. Try to get those extra cals burnt while you can and enjoy some nice scenery too!

Let's have a great week!!!

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    9/5
    9/6
    9/7

We need your steps for the 4th also. I scrolled back but I can’t find them

Ok....just saw this now
    9/4
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    @KittyInBoots17 we've got cooler weather here for a couple of days and it is lovely! But back up to summer temps again by the end of the week.

@LaurieWrobo sorry tonhear you're suffering, hope you're feeling well again soon.

@lindamtuck2018 whoop! You got this!

Yesterday I was on plan, slept well last night and ready for a busy day at work. Struggling to get my runs in, but I willllll use my early morning to get out there!

Happy tuesday :)
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Username: Showkitten
    Weigh day: Tuesday
    Previous: 228
    Current 228

Had a wonderful weekend with my family who I don't see often enough. So, rather than weigh in today and tarnish that with some bloat weight, I'm just carrying last week's weight.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Someone from my friends list posted this site for recipes. It is WW but some of the recipes look yummy. You can searc for recipes. https://thepounddropper.com

I follow this lady on Instagram. She posts the most AMAZING food. I have made a couple recipes, but need to dive in and make more.

• Beka3695
    Options
    So yesterday.... Not so much on track. I have a client that brings Ghirardelli Chocolates to us about once a month. He brought them Friday... I late my last 4, YES FOUR, yesterday.

Good news... Chocolate is gone. Bad news... I ate it all in 2 days.

No chocolate to tempt me today o:)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    I didn't get my miles in yesterday but I am still feeling pretty good even with my Mexican dinner last night.
This discussion has been closed.