edited October 2019
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    9/15/19 weigh in

Previous: 203.8
    Current: 198.3
    Loss: 5.5lb
    I am hoping this stays off this week, as I may *actually* reach my birthday goal for Friday!

@cmhubbard92, so happy for you, Christine!! Cheers to Onederland and all your hard work to get there!!

@HASWLRS thank you so much! I am sad to see that you are leaving us, but I wish you the best, and am glad that you have the chance to take care of yourself! Hope to see you back, soon!

Edit: @pkg1998 if you need help with putting weights in, I could help back you up! Just let me know if you would like/need help!

@cmhubbard92 Christine - Congratulations you are now officially co-captain (like Lisa said it’s really just entering weights for me if I’m out of pocket, which I try not to be very often). I’ll let Ashley know so that she can give you rights to edit the spreadsheet. Honestly with your activity on the boards and your support for this team with the steps/water challenge I think you were unofficially a co-captain already - at least I felt like you were.

@pkg1998 Awwww, thanks Pam! @HASWLRS thank you too Lisa! I am just glad I can just help out!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Username-brandi_84
    Weigh in day : Wednesday
    Starting: 184.3
    Week 1:. 183.2
    Week 2:. 182.1
    Week 3:. 184.1

• brandi_84
    Options
    10.15.19 Tuesday
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: no
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    October 14
    Tracking- yes
    Calories - no ( over by 80)
    Exercise- attempted (15 min walk not quite 20 min)

October 15
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 30 mins HIIT)

October 16
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise - yes ( 30 min brisk walk)
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    10/16 Wednesday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under... Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Grid class at gym

Other challenges:
    Steps:7948

Water: oz.76
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options

How do you guys deal with the times when it just all seems to be a pain in the patootey for a tiny tiny loss?

After a lot of effort, a loss, even if it is a few gram is a lot better than even a 100g gain. Knowing that my scale and/or measure tape will catch up with my effort keeps me going. Also knowing if I get depressed about it, I will go back to square one in a 100th of the time it took me to get where I am now. Just keep doing what you are doing
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,037 Member
    Options

I'm having serious 'f**k it' attitude this week. I need to adjust that before it slips into a bag of candy corn gone and sitting on my *kitten* all day for a week. Today I will work on some outdoor gardening and a walk to try to shake it.

How do you guys deal with the times when it just all seems to be a pain in the patootey for a tiny tiny loss?

@annabananamc I just keep on trying. It can be difficult at times, but even if I feel like going off track, I just log what I am eating regardless if it is in my plan for the day or not. Just hold yourself accountable when things seem to be working against you, it won't always be that way, I think. Like @petrocoetsee said, it will catch up at some point!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    10/15/19
    Under : yes
    Exercise: yes

10/16/10

Today I am planning on staying pretty low on calories. Tomorrow is my birthday and I know my boyfriend is planning on taking me out to dinner, so I'm saving calories for something good! We do have a vet appointment for the puppy tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully that is a quick visit and not too expensive!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

@annabananamc I think that is probably something all of us deal with on a regular basis especially based upon posts that I’ve read over the past few months. The problem is I don’t think there is a clear cut and dry answer for any of us. We just have to try different things to keep us going. My go to is usually to look back at time when I’ve had a better loss and I tend to find things that I’ve done different before (either food wise or exercise wise) that seemed to make a difference. I then try to incorporate those into my plan and hope it helps. That’s one of the reasons why I think logging food is so important and I need to be more consistent with it during the week (I’m great Mon-Wed then start to slack off).

Maybe just getting off the *kitten* is a good start :D .
  • pkg1998
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Username-brandi_84
    Weigh in day : Wednesday
    Starting: 184.3
    Week 1:. 183.2
    Week 2:. 182.1
    Week 3:. 184.1

@brandi_84 A little gain can be expected from time to time. They important thing is to understand where it might have come from and see what adjustments you can make. I’m sure you’ll come back with a loss next week.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    10/15/19

10/16/10

Today I am planning on staying pretty low on calories. Tomorrow is my birthday and I know my boyfriend is planning on taking me out to dinner, so I'm saving calories for something good! We do have a vet appointment for the puppy tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully that is a quick visit and not too expensive!

@cmhubbard92 Love, love, love, that you’re pre-planning for tomorrow so that you can truly enjoy yourself. Only happens once a year - we can’t be expected to not enjoy it.

Hopefully the vet appointment is just a routine check-up and all goes well for the little one.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE (10/13 - 10/19)

Sunday - No, No, No
    Monday - Yes,Yes, Yes
    Tuesday - Yes, No, Yes
    Wednesday - Yes, No, Yes
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    10/15/19

10/16/10

@cmhubbard92 Love, love, love, that you’re pre-planning for tomorrow so that you can truly enjoy yourself. Only happens once a year - we can’t be expected to not enjoy it.

Hopefully the vet appointment is just a routine check-up and all goes well for the little one.

@pkg1998 thank you 😊 I've been making sure to stay under all week because I know tomorrow is going to be an over day. Don't want to lose my streak on the mini-challenge, lol. I do have to work tomorrow, which kind of sucks, but am thinking the vet visit will go well, the little one just needs his booster and his monthly meds filled. He should be in the clear from having to go back for quite a while, now!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options

I'm having serious 'f**k it' attitude this week. I need to adjust that before it slips into a bag of candy corn gone and sitting on my *kitten* all day for a week. Today I will work on some outdoor gardening and a walk to try to shake it.

@annabananamc I just keep on trying. It can be difficult at times, but even if I feel like going off track, I just log what I am eating regardless if it is in my plan for the day or not. Just hold yourself accountable when things seem to be working against you, it won't always be that way, I think. Like @petrocoetsee said, it will catch up at some point!

Thanks guys! I really like the idea to keep logging even when I'm not getting an 'A' instead of 'dropping the class' - for me that is huge. I tend to do really well at something for about 3-4 months, then go into screw it mode and as a result end up staying pretty much where I am for the past 10-15 years.

Time to try something different, to get different results!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Good afternoon, team The Big Butt Theory.

Regrettably, I have come to the decision that I need to leave The Biggest Loser Challenge and take a sabbatical from MFP. I have only pretended to take care of myself for quite some time and I can no longer keep up the facade. The team will be left in Pam's (@pkg1998) very capable hands. She will continue to enter all your weights and remind those who are missing weigh-ins. Christine (@cmhubbard92) will continue to do the water and step challenges and Shawnee (@sandkp) will continue to do the food and fitness challenges. Assuming the team decides to continue with the Mini Challenge, someone will need to compile and post those results. To get the team caught up and then leave it up to date, I will be posting the Mini Challenge and weekly results until the end of the month.

Lisa

@HASWLRS I am sad to see you go, but I do understand. I hope we will see you back here in the future.

If you are planning on keeping up with the Mini Challenge until the end of the month, I can start compiling and posting the results starting the first week of the November challenge - If the team would like to continue it.

@brandi_84. Thank you so much for volunteering to manage the Mini Challenge. Based upon the number of participants we normally have, I’m sure most of the team will want to keep it going. I know for me that on the weeks that I actually participate fully I tend to see the best results.

@pkg1998 I'm happy to help. I will be sure to post the mini challenge description in the November thread as Lisa @HASWLRS mentioned.
  • annabananamc
    Options
    And so, instead of quitting, here is my weigh-in, NOT getting an A this week:

Username: annabananamc
    Starting weight: 165.6
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's weight: 165.0
    Today's Weight: 165.8
    Weekly gain/loss: + 0.8
    Monthly gain/loss: + 0.2
  • annabananamc
    Options
    And mini challenge 8/16

yes/no/no
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Oct 15&16
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Step: 9383 & 11946
    Water:88oz
    Yoga , meditation,
    Hike 2 miles
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - October Week #2 (Sun the 6th to Sat the 12th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 36th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @heaz10 (7) - 11th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @Calli1616 (6) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @petrocoetsee (5) - dropped out of the Winner's Circle but still puts in a Notable Effort!!
    @annabananamc (4) didn't even attempt last week; this week puts in a Notable Effort!!

Attempted:
    @abowersgirl (3)
    @energyseeker (3)
    @LMK02020 (2)
    @murdog3t (2)
    @pkg1998 (2)
    @swauters (2)
    @Nicoletime4me (1)
    @sandkp (1)

The enthusiasm for the Mini Challenge waned in this second week as our number of participants dropped from 18 to 13 and our number of Winners dropped from six to three. Staying on top and extending their streaks by another week were @cmhubbard92, @heaz10 and @Calli1616. Congratulations, ladies!! Of note, Christine and Heather were accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS - I'm glad you are taking some time for YOU. I understand how the givers of the world, like you are, can get out of balance so easily, because of your generous heart. I look forward to being teammates again in the future, even if you are not leading the charge, but participating for YOU!

@annabananamc, thank you, Ann. I look forward to the day when I am ready to come back as well!
This discussion has been closed.