TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT. The November Challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday, November 2, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, November 2!!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brandi. I'm 34 y/o stay at home/homeschool mom to one teenager. I have been at this for awhile now and I have been very slow at losing weight. I have new motivation and very determined to meet my weight goals. My first goal weight is 175lb. I hope to get there by the second week of January. I'm setting a small goal so I don't sabotage myself if I don't get there quicker and if I do get to the weight faster I can feel even better. I'm also taking into account that we have Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas and the New Year coming up.

My main goal this month is to be consistent with meal planning and calorie tracking.

I'm looking forward to getting to know new members and the continued support from old members.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hello TBBT! I am Christine, 27 years old from Connecticut! I started my journey(again) in November last year and I have been with TBBT since February. I have lost almost fifty pounds since last November, and aim to lose at least fifty more.

I am co-captain of TBBT with Pam, @pkg1998. Feel free to send me a friend request, that way you can send me a message if you have a question of any kind!

I am a proud dog mommy to a five month old puppy(we're not 100% on his breed quite yet) and a ten year old labradoodle. I am big into football and am *sorry* a diehard New England Patriots fan. I also enjoy hiking(if I ever get the chance!), traveling and taking long walks with the dogs(and my boyfriend whenever he feels like it!)

I currently am running a step and water challenge with the group and will try to post the details with the link to our spreadsheet tomorrow! I've been having trouble accessing the community today, and this is the first chance I've had to post anything! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you that are joining us for the first time!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I can see I’m a little late with my introduction (first month as captain so I’m learning still).

Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to November and a special welcome to the newcomers! Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the team, and tell us a little bit about your goals for the month.

Hi, my name is Pam, I have been a member of team The Big Butt Theory since early 2019, and I am your captain along with Christine, @cmhubbard92 . I live in Southwest Louisiana and my husband and I are recent empty nesters with our last going off to college in August. I’ve decided that since I’ve taken care of my kids all these years it was time to take care of myself. I’m slow going, but learning so much from this group to help me succeed in my goals.

A little about this challenge.....it runs Sunday to Saturday. Post your weigh-in on this thread on your chosen weigh-in day. If you need to miss a weigh-in, let me know. If you forget to post a weigh-in, post as soon as you remember, up until Saturday evening. (I'd say Saturday at midnight, EDT, but I am not up that late!) Please post a weight even if you have gained. There is no judgement here, only support, and it happens to all of us at some point!! If you miss two weigh-ins, you will be removed from the month and will have to re-register for the next month if you wish to continue.

We are all here for the same reason....to lose weight and get healthy. Some days will go better than others....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!! But with the support of this team, and some hard work, we can all make it to the finish line!

We have several mini challenges that we do within the group. They are completely optional and up to you if you think it will help to achieve your goals. Several of our team members have volunteered to coordinate each of the challenges so I’ll let them share the information.

Good luck to everyone and I’m looking forward to a great month.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Hello all! Just thought I’d do a quick introduction :) I started my weight loss journey in September 2018 and managed to lose 50 lbs and I ran my first half marathon in September 2019 (crazy how much things can change in a year!) Unfortunately, in the last months or so in training for my half and in the month after I totally fell off the wagon with my diet and gained back 15 lbs :/ So I’m refocusing my efforts and am determined to lose 35 more lbs to reach my goal weight of 120 by April when I’m planning on running my second half marathon. In the past week I’ve started logging all my food and sticking to my calorie goal again. And I just got a subscription to Beachbody on Demand and started their 21 Day Fix program, finished week 1 on Sunday and am on to week 2 day. I’ve been really enjoying it so far. My short-term goal is to reach 140 by the end of 2019.

I’m really looking forward to being a part of this group/challenge for some extra accountability!

@Shortgirlrunning Welcome! I think some of our mini challenges that we have going will fit right in with your goals for health and fitness.
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody...... I'm steffy :) I'm excited to be a part of this group.....just cant wait...
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Hello, again TBBT!

As mentioned before, here is some info for our step and water challenge!

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). Our step challenge runs Monday-Sunday and is still a new thing for our group! You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The percentage of goal completed is pretty neat, because it gives you a chance to win even if your step goal is lower than others! Just be fair and choose a goal that challenges you a little each week! Get your step on and have fun competing against other members!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Ain't for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink!

Here is the link to the spreadsheet for the challenges!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING ANY OF THESE CHALLENGES, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET!!!

• petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Hi, add me again for the steps and water challenge. Goal for the week again at 58,000. It is a stretch, but I did manage to meet the goal at least once in October
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Hello everybody...... I'm steffy :) I'm excited to be a part of this group.....just cant wait...

@Stefbomb2020 Welcome - hopefully you’ll get a lot from this group and we’re looking forward to seeing your contribution as well.
  • SandSea55
    SandSea55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Cindy and I’m in southeast Texas. This is my first time doing anything like this. I’ve been on a yoyo weight journey for years, but recently I have no motivation so I’m hoping to find some inspiration from you all and maybe even a few friends. I have 3 kids (tween and 2 teens) and I work full time so most of my free time is spent at their activities. I love to walk so I’m hoping to do that more and I’d love to build my strength. I’m currently 152lbs, but Im going for 130lbs and maybe then I can fit into everything that has been hanging in my closet waiting for me for the past few years.
    @cmhubbard92 I’m going to do the water and step challenge.
    @brandi_84 I’m going to do the mini challenge

I’m looking forward to this new way of connecting with health.
    Cindy
  • p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Preksha, a 24 yr old university student. I have been on this app off and on for many years and even managed to lose ~40lbs a few years ago; unfortunately I have gained it all back. I hope this time I am not only able to lose the weight but keep it off as well. Thank you for adding me and all the best to everyone!
    @cmhubbard92 please add me for the step challenge(50,000/week) and the water challenge.
    @brandi_84 please add me for the daily mini challenge. :)
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I'd love to join in the water and step challenge 50000 every week....

And what is this mini challenge about
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Hi, add me again for the steps and water challenge. Goal for the week again at 58,000. It is a stretch, but I did manage to meet the goal at least once in October

@petrocoetsee I've got you still in the spreadsheet. I copy it over week to week.

@SandSea55 @p_mad and @Stefbomb2020 I will add you all to the challenge! @SandSea55 what will be your step goal?

Welcome to TBBT!!! I am looking forward to interacting with you all!
  • teriadrayton
    teriadrayton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Team! I am excited to be a part of the November Challenge and look forward to helping the team accomplish their goals while accomplishing my own. I truly believe accountability is key and hope this will be a way to boost my nutrition accountability. Working out is my hobby, so I have no problems there. Understanding the 80% Nutrition and 20% Workout formula has been my challenge. Hopefully, this helps!

@brandi_84 please add me to the mini challenge. Thanks!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I'd love to join in the water and step challenge 50000 every week....

And what is this mini challenge about
    @stephbomb2020
    The mini challenge is an accountability challenge - It is optional. All you have to do is:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice.
  • SandSea55
    SandSea55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 my step goal will be 50,000 steps for the week. Sorry about forgetting that part 😬
This discussion has been closed.