TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I am taking the reigns on the food and exercise challenge for this week, as we have not heard from @sandkp in a bit, and would like to start November off with all of our challenges in place!

Week 1 Food Challenge:
    Pre-log your food for 4 days(breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks). Challenge yourself by sticking to your pre-logged plan for three of the five days!

Things like fruit/vegetables can be changed if you run out/they go bad

Week 1 Exercise Challenge:
    Challenge yourself by exercising 3 days this week, for a minimum of 30 minutes.

You can do 10minutes walking, 10 minutes strength, 10 minutes yoga combined in one session, or 30 minutes of one full workout as well!
    Things like walking, strength training, yoga, etc would count towards your exercise minutes. Cleaning, yardwork, etc would not count, but can be counted towards your regular mini-challenge in this group!

Remember! These challenges are completely optional! Participate in whichever challenges you choose!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Love the challenges this week. Looking forward to participating. I am now getting ready to plan and pre-log.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Love the challenges this week. Looking forward to participating. I am now getting ready to plan and pre-log.

@brandi_84 I'm looking forward to your participation as well! I think if we start string this month, we will all have success!

I just pre-logged. I think I will get sick of the tuna salad I made for dinners this week, but my breakfast/lunch/snacks will be good. I just hope my boyfriend doesnt eat up everything I made for the week, as this is the first week I am fully prepping my meals for my workweek!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Food Challenge
    I have today through Wednesday pre-logged and just got back from the grocery store with everything I need to make what I’ve planned. I don’t meal prep (I don’t like eating leftovers every day, I want most of my meals freshly made) but it’s all there ready to be cooked up.

Week 1 Exercise Challenge
    Sun 11/3: 3 mile run + 30 minutes pilates
  • gboles79
    gboles79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 if it’s not to late I would like to be added to the steps and water challenge my steps are 63,000
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @Coral333 - I used to use Aaptiv! I really liked it! I loved their guided run options...maybe I should get it again

The workouts are definitely just the right motivation for me to get going! Not sure how long ago you were using it but I’d say it’s really improved over the last 6 months or so, so would recommend it again :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Week 1 Food Challenge
    I have today through Wednesday pre-logged and just got back from the grocery store with everything I need to make what I’ve planned. I don’t meal prep (I don’t like eating leftovers every day, I want most of my meals freshly made) but it’s all there ready to be cooked up.

Week 1 Exercise Challenge
    Sun 11/3: 3 mile run + 30 minutes pilates

@Stefbomb2020 I'm so sorry to mention this late, but our challenges(other than the mini challenge) have been running Monday-Sunday! I will mark today's completion for another day this week, due to my mistake!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited November 2019
    Options
    gboles79 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 if it’s not to late I would like to be added to the steps and water challenge my steps are 63,000

@gboles79 It is never too late to join the step/water challenge! I will add you to the spreadsheet!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sun.11/3/2019
    PW:125
    CW:127.2 , that bag of Halloween candy caught up with me ! 😳
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I have been really surprised what a difference of just a few pounds lost can make. While I have really struggled to see scale numbers leave the 180s I have had a couple of NSVs.
    NSV #1
    Recently I grabbed a pair of jeans that fit great - my daughter kept asking if I had her jeans and I told her I didn't think so - that they felt great. The jeans she put on were too big. When I took them off I realized I had in fact been wearing her jeans. We are only 2 sizes apart but that felt awesome.
    NSV #2
    When I first decided to work on my weight loss it was because I had seen a picture that was taken of me and I was shocked at how much bigger and bloated looking I looked. This weekend while at a volunteer event my picture had been taken. I was really dreading it but got in the picture anyway. I was looking through the pictures afterwards and wondering why not all the pictures were put up. And I was also wondering who someone in some of the pictures was. I realized that it was me - looking a little smaller and a lot less bloated.

I still have a lot of work to do. But for once I feel like the work is paying off.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 49, female, 5'6". I weigh in on Sundays. Here is a screen shot of my spreadsheet - I figured I'd post that weekly if that's okay.
    As for exercise - I'm unable to do anything due to injuries so I have to lose the weight with just my food choices.

5rkbbiuyl5x4.png

@FitByFifty1970 Whatever works best for you works for me. Congrats on a great start to November. Your progress is inspirational.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    Sun.11/3/2019
    PW:125
    CW:127.2 , that bag of Halloween candy caught up with me ! 😳

@LMK02020 Happens to the best of us. I’m sure you’ll do a great job of getting rid of that candy weight this week.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I have been really surprised what a difference of just a few pounds lost can make. While I have really struggled to see scale numbers leave the 180s I have had a couple of NSVs.
    NSV #1
    Recently I grabbed a pair of jeans that fit great - my daughter kept asking if I had her jeans and I told her I didn't think so - that they felt great. The jeans she put on were too big. When I took them off I realized I had in fact been wearing her jeans. We are only 2 sizes apart but that felt awesome.
    NSV #2
    When I first decided to work on my weight loss it was because I had seen a picture that was taken of me and I was shocked at how much bigger and bloated looking I looked. This weekend while at a volunteer event my picture had been taken. I was really dreading it but got in the picture anyway. I was looking through the pictures afterwards and wondering why not all the pictures were put up. And I was also wondering who someone in some of the pictures was. I realized that it was me - looking a little smaller and a lot less bloated.

I still have a lot of work to do. But for once I feel like the work is paying off.

@brandi_84 Sometimes thinking about the NSVs are just what we need when we’re not seeing the results on the scale. Congrats on 2 great ones this week.
  • teriadrayton
    teriadrayton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mini-Accountability Challenge
    Nov 3
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    20 minute outdoor walk
  • p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 3 Nov
    Mini accountability challenge-
    Food logged: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 20 minutes jog
    Water:4Litres
    Steps:2161
  • SandSea55
    SandSea55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84 I’m not sure what NSV is but those are fun things to notice for this week. Hope that helps you continue!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    @SandSea55 - NSV = non-scale victory
  • SandSea55
    SandSea55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    PW: 153
    CW: 152.9
    Mini Challenge:
    Food: yes
    Calories: over (family in town and we are out 3 times today...ugh!)
    Exercise: yes
    Outdoor walk
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @LMK02020 @Shortgirlrunning my boyfriend picked up discounted halloween candy today... trying to do my best until I go to bed but Almond Joy's are my kryptonite.

I make my husband hide Reese’s peanut butter cups in high places if they are in the house!

Not sure if it can be hidden successfully on the premises I am on. I know how to use a chair and/or ladder....
    It is for that reason (only) I am thankful that I am on my own
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    11/03 Sunday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...no
    Under... Doubt it
    Exercise: no

Other challenges:
    Steps:1767 - achieved this from moving from the left butt cheek to the right butt cheek whilst vegetating in front of the TV
This discussion has been closed.