TRIMSTONES - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited October 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO TRIMSTONES TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the NOVEMBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the NOVEMBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @teresaW1020
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @micki48 and @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - open

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for NOVEMBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    New month, new me, new fitbit!! Went and bought a Versa 2 today!! So excited to start the new month with a new device...anyone else have this model of Fitbit...any tips?? I'm gonna spend tomorrow messing with it and seeing how to customize.

Getting ready to set the clocks back and then head to bed and watch a movie...hope ya'll are having a wonderful weekend!
    Jessica
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    d2dp1b6yg5y6.png

PLEASE WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM TRIMSTONES
    @Cryptic_k
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE NOVEMBER SPREADSHEET
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/2 - 1027
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GOOD MORNING koyhduznkj87.jpgTEAMS

THE TALLIES ARE IN
    HERE IS HOW OCTOBER WEEK 5 SHOOK OUT

ey9nfmgogeas.png
    0zanqcdoxobp.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 29.7 POUNDS OR 0.14%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % WaistAways 0.44%
    INDIVIDUAL % @kx7003 4.18%
    TEAM LBS LOST WaistAways 14.8
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @kx7003 5.5

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st WaistAways 0.44%
    2nd Weight No More 0.36%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.20%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st WaistAways 14.8
    2nd Weight No More 13.0
    3rd Workout Warriors 6.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @kx7003 4.18%
    2nd @reflectionofme 3.90%
    3rd @machchic 2.99%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @kx7003 5.5
    2nd @reflectionofme 5.2
    3rd @machchic 5.1

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Nstephenson01
    @matthewsfive
    @disturbed4ever13
    @raleighgirl09
    @GingerPwr
    @jedaschultz
    @Navydaddjtc
    @TheMrWobbly
    @Pamela_Sue
  • Loriab901
    Loriab901 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/01-14,543
    11/02-18,096
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    10/30 = 5,646
    10/31 = 15,448
    11/1 = 7,353
    11/2 = 11,534

Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 203.6
    CW: 203.6
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GOOD MORNINGdaste1fkdx1y.jpgTEAMS
    THE GRAND FINALE TALLIES ARE IN
    HERE IS HOW OCTOBER GRAND FINALE SHOOK OUT

i8wloekpg1fe.png

bd5x9y57jaa3.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.17%
    tie for 1st! Weight No More 1.17%
    INDIVIDUAL % @KathynDes 7.05%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 45.4
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @amytriesww 14.6

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 168.2 POUNDS OR 0.79%!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 1.17%
    1st Weight No More 1.17%
    2nd WaistAways 0.94%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.92%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 45.4
    2nd Weight No More 42.6
    3rd WaistAways 31.7

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @KathynDes 7.05%
    2nd @kx7003 6.67%
    3rd @amytriesww 6.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @amytriesww 14.6
    2nd @KathynDes 11.7
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 10.1

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Luciicul
    @machchic
    @TheMrWobbly
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @matthewsfive
    @disturbed4ever13
    @raleighgirl09
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @kmfeig87
    [/center]
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @Cryptic_k Welcome to the team!! Introduce yourself and tell us what's behind this interesting name...

@KathynDes @disturbed4ever13 @kmfeig87 WAY TO GO ON OCTOBER STATS!! Amazing effort!!

Taking names for November steppers...it's not automatic so let me know if you want to track steps for the month and remember to tell us where you'll be walking this month...parks, gym, treadmill at home, etc...I so wish I could master the reading thing while walking the treadmill but it makes me dizzy...kinda like reading in a car I guess...too weird. I'm so weird SMH!
    Jessica
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    Options
    yyh7vytfj3dy.jpeg

It is that time of the year again! Time to “fall back”. Today we need to set our clocks back one hour (unless you live in Arizona, Hawaii or other regions where DST is not observed) Many times these time changes effect our sleeping routine. That is why for this week Team Weight No More is challenging everyone to get a better nights sleep! Studies from the US Centers for Disease Control show that over 1/3 of us regularly skimp on sleep. Although it may not seem like it is a big deal to not get proper rest, millions of sleep deprived people mean more dangerous roads, more costly health care and reduced productivity. Sleep deprivation impairs learning, decision making, emotions and adds stress. It also takes a physical toll. The risk of heart disease, Alzheimer disease, diabetes, cancer and obesity all climb with sleep deprivation. These are some of the most significant health concerns facing people today.

12bnzdbvs4vv.jpeg

One of the best way to improve your chances of getting a good night’s rest is by adopting healthy sleep hygiene habits. The chart below is from the National Sleep Foundation. This is a 7 day plan for incorporating some good habits into your routine.

6fu0qau2apot.jpeg

When you do your daily check in with your team this week. Discuss how the tip for the night before worked for you. Hopefully by the end of the week you are able to incorporate these 7 tips and change your sleeping habits for the better!

1zrijkc23zdm.jpeg
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sat 10/2- 8202
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @Cryptic_k Welcome to the team!! Introduce yourself and tell us what's behind this interesting name...

@KathynDes @disturbed4ever13 @kmfeig87 WAY TO GO ON OCTOBER STATS!! Amazing effort!!

Taking names for November steppers...it's not automatic so let me know if you want to track steps for the month and remember to tell us where you'll be walking this month...parks, gym, treadmill at home, etc...I so wish I could master the reading thing while walking the treadmill but it makes me dizzy...kinda like reading in a car I guess...too weird. I'm so weird SMH!
    Jessica

If there is still room for step challenge. Add me.

Nov 1 - 11,975
    Nov 2 - 7,631
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    STEPS
    10/31 7818 (Did a walking video and 30 minutes of lower body strength, though!)
    11/01 14,892
    11/02 5,690 (spent the day at a theater competition)
  • Cryptic_k
    Cryptic_k Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Karen. I'm 43 and live in Sydney, Australia with my husband and three kids. I lost around 25 pounds several years ago on Michelle bridges (an Australian biggest loser trainer) program but since then it's slowly crept back on and now I'm feeling sluggish and unhealthy as I've been working long hours and finding it hard to stay on track. That's where I'm hoping this group can help me, (and hopefully I can help all of you too) with encouragement and accountability. Excitingly, I've recently finished a degree and have my graduation coming up in mid December. I really want to feel good on the day and be able to look back at the photos and feel proud. So I'm very motivated to lose a few pounds between now and then and then continue on to get back to my previous weight.

Look forwarding to meeting you all.

P.s. my name comes from my love of cryptic crosswords. My dad taught me to do them as a kid and I still love them now. 😀😀
  • jessicakrall8
    edited November 2019
    Options
    kcpond wrote: »

Jessica

If there is still room for step challenge. Add me.

Nov 1 - 11,975
    Nov 2 - 7,631

Got you added for November @kcpond , but it starts with today...the 3rd...we always run Sun to Sat, which differs depending on the calendar each month. GREAT START THOUGH!!! Don't forget to share your favorite place to walk! :smile:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @kateberard @jenready @angmarie28 Help fill in the final empty spaces in the walking chart for October so I can announce winners tomorrow night! Thanks!

Still have space for more walkers for November...need your favorite walking spot and a request to get you plugged in...let me know!
    Jessica
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/1-2737
    11/2-7120
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/2 10,109
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Nov 3 - 7,265
  • KathynDes
    KathynDes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen @Cryptic_k
    I’m Kathy, 37 and from Aus too.
    Congratulations for getting your degree! You should be super excited, 3 kids and a job and studying and FINISHING ⭐️ Studying and I have never been best friends. I run a business with my husband and I’d love to become a qualified bookkeeper (or even bigger dream Accountant!). I’m hoping once my kids are a bit older I might be able to get some of my time (brain) back and sneak it in.
    Hope you have fun here.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/3 10,105
This discussion has been closed.