TRIMSTONES - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Cryptic_k wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm Karen. I'm 43 and live in Sydney, Australia with my husband and three kids. I lost around 25 pounds several years ago on Michelle bridges (an Australian biggest loser trainer) program but since then it's slowly crept back on and now I'm feeling sluggish and unhealthy as I've been working long hours and finding it hard to stay on track. That's where I'm hoping this group can help me, (and hopefully I can help all of you too) with encouragement and accountability. Excitingly, I've recently finished a degree and have my graduation coming up in mid December. I really want to feel good on the day and be able to look back at the photos and feel proud. So I'm very motivated to lose a few pounds between now and then and then continue on to get back to my previous weight.

Look forwarding to meeting you all.

P.s. my name comes from my love of cryptic crosswords. My dad taught me to do them as a kid and I still love them now. 😀😀

Another Aussie! Welcome, we love having upsidedown people on the team, hope your summer is fine. We are cruising into the dreaded holiday season (US Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukah, New Years, Solstice, yadda yadda). My advice to all as one of your team co-captains is strive for no gains during the holidays--that is a victory, a loss is icing on the cake.
  • mulecanter
    Options
    Speaking of holidays (Halloween) ugh

Mulecanter
    Nov Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 199
    CW: 200
  • mulecanter
    Options
    I'm liking the challenge this week from Weight No More. Sleeping. What works for you? My tricks for good sleep are reading paper-based things (aka books) in bed, I manage a few pages before I'm dozing. I've also found that being warm helps--we in the northern hemisphere are entering winter, if you are cheap like me your house is cold. An extra blanket helps me sleep more soundly. Oddly, I like having auxiliary dog in bed with us, there is an ancient bond between humans and dogs, their presence is soothing.

Auxiliary dog ("Nuke") is on the right. He likes to be warm too and often snuggles.

zeobh06oiiyg.jpg
  • girlfacedolly
    girlfacedolly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Username: girlfacedolly
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: mon
    Previous Weight: 167
    Today's Weight: 164.6

Hello! I started keto last week and am training for a 10k race at the end of the month. I have to take it pretty easy as I have some sort of tendinitis in my hip, but seeing PT later this week. Good luck everyone!
  • mulecanter
    Options

Hello! I started keto last week and am training for a 10k race at the end of the month. I have to take it pretty easy as I have some sort of tendinitis in my hip, but seeing PT later this week. Good luck everyone!

Welcome and congrats on a great start out of the blocks. I had hip issues from running years ago, roller pad usage helps alot, work out those adhesions!
  • Kbrad2325
    Kbrad2325 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Kbrad2325
    Week 1
    Pw: 149
    Cw: 150
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Not sure why the 30th and 31st are missing on the chart since I posted them but here they are again, plus my others
    10/30-7,902
    10/31-15,485
    11/1-12,656
    11/2-11,486
    11/3-13,305
  • angmarie28
    Options
    bleck, why do I eat candy, Candy and me dont get along, and it makes me feel sick, like headache and feverish. I havent eaten any since last night and still feel crappy. oh well, back to keeping track now that halloween is over. Now I just have to get past the 4 birthdays that happen in my house between Nov 8 and Nov. 15.
  • girlfacedolly
    girlfacedolly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »

Welcome and congrats on a great start out of the blocks. I had hip issues from running years ago, roller pad usage helps alot, work out those adhesions!

Thanks so much for the tip! I will definitely try it!

• kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @girlfacedolly & @Cryptic_k Welcome to the team! This is a great group! My name is Trina, I'm 54 and I currently live in Alabama (US) although I am really from New England! I'm working on my last 2 pounds....and I like @mulecanter 's suggestion of just keeping off the holiday gain!

@mulecanter -- Great pic of the dogs. They are both looking super cute and super trim. Does this mean auxiliary dog gets to eat again?
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    Steps
    11/3 15,071
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I would like to step in November. My favorite place to walk is the trail near the river....It's pretty, and it doesn't involve mega hills! On the other hand, walking around the neighborhood yesterday netted me the equivalent of 72 flights of stairs!
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    NSV I got to drive today! Yay! 6 weeks of no driving was really driving me crazy. I celebrated by going to the gym and taking a 20 minute walk, followed by an hour strength workout and an hour of no-arms zumba. Interestingly, the one thing I couldn't do in zumba is the part EVERYONE can do at the beginning and end of class....you know where you stretch your arms overhead and take a deep breath in and deep breath out. My arms do not go that high!
  • KathynDes
    KathynDes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    KathynDes
    Tuesday Weigh In
    PW 154.3
    CW 152.2
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    11/3 = 6,872
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Loriab901 wrote: »
    Steps
    11/01-14,543
    11/02-18,096

@Loriab901 Can you please give me your steps for 10/31? Someone posted another walker's stat in your 10/31 spot and when I went back to find yours, it was skipped...I see 10/30 and 11/1, but no 31st. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • KathynDes
    KathynDes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi @kmfeig87 would’ve been a long six weeks with no driving!! Nothing like not being able to do something to make you think of all the things you could be doing if only you were able 😃. Was a worthy first trip too... I’m trying to think where I would’ve gone, probably any errand I could get my hands on just to get out by myself!
  • mulecanter
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »

@mulecanter -- Great pic of the dogs. They are both looking super cute and super trim. Does this mean auxiliary dog gets to eat again?

Alas no, that's an old picture from his youth. He has been on the one cup a day ration for some time now. His daddy is still apt to let him lick bowls/plates as a pre-rinse service. He also eats "toxic" grapes, chocolate, carrots or scraps of wood without consequence. He is comfortable with his body and has no self-image problems. He considers the vet overreactive and alarmist.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/4 10,280
  • angmarie28
    edited November 2019
    Options
    So I get yearly blood work done at my job, for the past 4 years I have had elevated Bilirubin levels, like 1.7-2.8, and anything above 1.0 is high. Everything else is fine, and my liver test levels were more then fine, like better than the "healthy range". I finally went to the doctor about it, but of course working in a nursing office and being fascinated by medical stuff I consulted Dr. Google. My co worker and I ruled it down to Gilbert Syndrome, A benign syndrome that causes bilirubin to not be processed properly and causes increased levels. Symptons are usually mild and most cases people find out they have it on accident by having blood work done for other reasons, like me.

So the doctor called me yesterday with the lab results, and guess what? I have Gilbert's syndrome, she was very impressed by my accurate diagnoses of myself, haha. It was pretty easy though because all my other blood work was healthy except that, so it wasn't liver damage which is the usual cause of high bili, and I fit the symptoms to a T.

Constant tiredness (I have always been tired, no matter how much sleep I get, Im still tired, I used to ask people if they were ever not tires, because Im never not tired)

Dizziness (I carry meds with me for dizziness because I have vertigo)

IBS symptoms (I have to take probiotics daily and prunes and dried fruit to stay regular)

Jaundice-I have a yellow tint to my skin, sometimes more then others, but you don't notice really unless your looking for it.

Here's the funny part, some things that make it worse are:

Vigorous exercise (yep I do that)
    Fasting or skipping meals (I do IF and skip breakfast everyday)

Well whatever, It doesnt effect my health any, so Im ok with it.
This discussion has been closed.