~The Fireplace~

Options
1234568»

Replies

• SarahAnaruk
    SarahAnaruk Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Ooh surf and turf sounds delicious!! Great choice! Hubby asked for a pasta one of the nights so I'm thinking chicken bacon ranch or white chicken lasagna roll ups.
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @SarahAnaruk - My husband's family likes to pick a different country and make traditional dishes from there every year. This year it's Germany.

So our Christmas dinner will be beef roast, kartoffelpuffer (potato pancakes), sausage, rolls, and red cabbage/apple/sausage stuffing. With stollen (fruit pastry), jam stuffed shortbread, gingerbread, and mulled wine for dessert.

Shrug, we'll see how it turns out!
  • Dawnshealth111
    Dawnshealth111 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    We did our Christmas early due to my parents visiting and work. We celebrated on Wednesday and Thursday. Our food was keto cinnamon rolls, prime rib, roasted green beans, cheeses, salami, olives and various goodies. I filled stockings for everyone and we all went to see the new Star Wars Movie, played video and card games and went for walks.
  • SarahAnaruk
    Options
    @rbratt06 I love that idea!! We do some traditional cooking throughout the year but I love the idea of doing this for Christmas! We usually do Finnish (My heritage) on St. Urho's Day, Irish for St Patrick's, Mexican for Cinco de Mayo, etc. My husband is Alaskan Native mostly but I haven't found a good traditional recipe to make for that.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    @SarahAnaruk-- Might have to try those chicken lasagna rollups!! Sounds delicious!
  • SarahAnaruk
    Options
    @Dootzy1 it is really good! I've made them for Valentine's day a few years.
    Here's the recipe! I believe I added some fresh spinach in the rolls but it's good either way.
    https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/white-chicken-lasagna-rollups/?epik=dj0yJnU9aVVhdXFUTG1QS1J3dzFzSUNVQUlucUp4Q0p3SEd2QVgmbj1JMk5HTGhxQzd0VThDTWRRbnJYeGtBJm09MyZ0PUFBQUFBRjRBSFpZ
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    @SarahAnaruk Thanks so much. Yes, good idea to add in the spinach. I have a lot!