Replies

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: just over
    Exercise: none
    Day: did good today, made good choices and felt really satiated (which I often don’t when eating healthy so this is really positive to me)
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    tv5st1uyhcjm.jpg
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    HI TEAM! I am back and ready to kick off 2020 getting back to healthy habits and ready to make it to goal weight this year!

Thank you so much @AmyG1982 for holding down the team while I was MIA this past month! I am back from an AMAZING vacation and definitely dragging a bit at work today. Getting back into work, reality, and the cold has been a struggle to say the least. I am also a little bit terrified to get on the scale tomorrow if I am honest. We stayed in an all inclusive resort for vacation so there was a lot of food and drink for 7 days....the scale won't be pretty. But I need to get back on routine so I will face the scale anyway!

One thing I did learn on vacation was that eating and drinking whatever I want makes me feel like crap. My stomach doesn't love it and I feel so lethargic! I don't know how I managed to eat that way for years and years and function as a human. So it is safe to say I am ready to get back on track and continue to check in with y'all and support each other in the new year!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Username: Minion_training_program
    Week: Thursday, December week 5 (02-01-2020)
    PW: 100,5 kg / 221,56 lbs
    CW: 99,5 kg / 219,36 lbs
    Track: Partly

almost forgot to post but here it is
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    HI TEAM! I am back and ready to kick off 2020 getting back to healthy habits and ready to make it to goal weight this year!

Thank you so much @AmyG1982 for holding down the team while I was MIA this past month! I am back from an AMAZING vacation and definitely dragging a bit at work today. Getting back into work, reality, and the cold has been a struggle to say the least. I am also a little bit terrified to get on the scale tomorrow if I am honest. We stayed in an all inclusive resort for vacation so there was a lot of food and drink for 7 days....the scale won't be pretty. But I need to get back on routine so I will face the scale anyway!

One thing I did learn on vacation was that eating and drinking whatever I want makes me feel like crap. My stomach doesn't love it and I feel so lethargic! I don't know how I managed to eat that way for years and years and function as a human. So it is safe to say I am ready to get back on track and continue to check in with y'all and support each other in the new year!

Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: none
    Day: did good today. Was feeling especially munchy so I did have some treats but I changed my dinner to a lower cal/carb one to compensate and managed to stay under target :) I’m happy when I make these ‘normal’ life decisions instead of being all or nothing, shows that I am slowly fixing my relationship with food (a few months ago I would have eaten everything or had nothing and felt really deprived, I like this middle ground I’m finding).
  • mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Light hike and walk
    Day: :Sort of a challenging day. Started off with a good breakfast, and later, decided not to have an additional cookie...just for comfort!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Overall a good day!
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Username: CrystalEssex
    Week # 5
    Previous Weight: 113.3
    Current Weight: 108.9

Hallelujah! Sorry I didn't weigh in on time. I try to use the same scale. My scale is way different than this scale and I'm trying to be fair. It's amazing what happens when you're not eating CRAP! I about hit the floor when I saw this number. I am back where I was at the beginning of the month.

• mama_healthy21
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Username: amuschette
    Week # 5
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 163.6
    Current Weight: 162.6

*Whew, holiday celebrations are over, and I survived! 😁😉 Welcoming the next chapter of this healthy journey!!*

Keep up the good work, everyone!👍🏼👏🏽
  • mama_healthy21
    Options
    Great job everyone ....I just remembered I have a NSV: Today is my 1 year anniversary of not having a cigarette...I am very proud of myself ...I never thought I would be a non smoker :)

Congratulations!👍🏽👏🏽
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Amyg1982
    December week 5
    Friday weigh
    PW 226
    CW 222.4
  • jwall309
    Options
    Hi Team! Just a reminder to our Saturday weigh-ins that even though it is January we are still finishing the December challenge! So please post your weights in the December thread and not the January thread!

That includes:
  • jwall309
    Options
    Jwall309
    Week 5
    Friday
    PW: 164.4
    CW: 164.8

Wow, this is not nearly as bad as I was anticipating! I am pleasantly surprised!! Even though I'm up from the third week in December, I am still overall down 1.5 pounds for the month. Which isn't much and certainly not as much as I hoped, I am still thrilled that between all of the holiday parties and an all inclusive week long vacation that I still managed to end the month with a loss!

Ready to kick off the next challenge and achieve an even bigger loss for the month!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over target but under maintenance
    Exercise: no

The potato chips sang their siren song tonight. I bought them for a guest for thanksgiving but we never opened them. At least now we don’t have any more in the house. 🙄
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Username: jimboden3
    Week: 5
    Weigh In Day: Saturday, Jan 4
    Previous Weight: 217.7
    Current Weight: 214.3

Woo hoo!!! I was pretty sure last week included some water weight but my goal for EOY was 215 lbs so I'll gladly take a 4 day late win (I'm in this for the long haul). What did I change this last week?
    1) Focused exercise every morning when I get up (even if just for as little as 10 minutes) and regular movement throughout the day (pretending the elevator doesn't exist, parking on the far end of the lot, getting up to talk to co-workers vs. email or IM, getting up and doing something during commercials instead of fast forwarding, etc.)
    2) No 'snacking' before breakfast or after dinner (except New Year's Eve - Hey what's the point if we can't celebrate and live a little right?)
    3) I went on my first walk three times this week during lunch as the harsh winter weather took a break. I rediscovered how great it is to get away from my desk after lunch and get out and stretch the legs. I used to walk daily for 30-40 minutes around 5 am when the weather was nicer but stopped when it got below freezing (just no fun at all). Now I think I'll try to continue walking mid-day even after the cold snap returns as it's just a quick 10-15 minutes. How bad could it be when the sun is up and you're dressed for it?

Maybe this will trigger a few small ideas for others. Anyway, I hope everyone had a successful December - and if not, know that you have a whole month in front of you to try again. Thanks to everyone that posted inspirational messages (both successes to celebrate and setbacks to learn from - but not dwell on) as it helped me keep a positive outlook. Best of luck (and hard work) to everyone in 2020!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Username: jupdyke
    Week: 5
    Weigh In Day: Saturday, Jan 4
    Starting weight: 170.8
    Previous Weight: 138.4
    Current Weight: 140.4

I'm glad the holidays are over. Time to get myself back on track! Ready for this. I'm still within my goal limit, but barley...no more creeping up. Can I please have the link to the January thread?
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Hi Team! Just a reminder to our Saturday weigh-ins that even though it is January we are still finishing the December challenge! So please post your weights in the December thread and not the January thread!

That includes:

@jwall309 ok great! I was wondering if I missed the link for the new month.

Username: red1185
    PW: 167.4
    CW: 167.0

Now that work is kicking up again I will be getting back on track with diet and exercise. I’ve started doing modified burpees daily, and I’ll be walking a lot more. My overall goal is 20-25 lbs. I just need to stay on track, and not lose focus.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Oops
    Username: midsummer174627
    Weigh in 1/4/2020
    CW 148.2
    PW 148.4
This discussion has been closed.