TRIMSTONES DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    jenready wrote: »
    Sorry I was out of town and forgot to have you carry my weight over from last week.

no worries! everyone got a pass this week :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    lakcandoit wrote: »
    So, every week i just find this thread and post my weight?

Hey there...at the top of this thread (or any of them), there's a little star and if you'll click on it, it will add this thread to your favorites so it's easier to find.

g053ri4x4zrl.png

This thread will only be good for one more week, then the leaders will start a new thread (TrimStones January Chat) and that's where you'll post your weight, on the weigh day you chose (and which shows on the spreadsheet). Since you're starting in January, you don't need to post a weight until then. But, jump in and start chatting and you can get to know everyone!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    7ymn5r9dd8zt.jpg

Welcome @Emmajhare @adrake09 @simbersea to TrimStones!!! I'm happy you found us! I think you'll be happy with this enthusiastic, encouraging and helpful group of people from all over the world...some of us are chatty (me!), some are quiet, some are way too busy but all are very caring people.

I'm Jessica, one of two Captains...the other being @mulecanter who will show himself soon enough...if I remember correctly, he just returned from a big skiing adventure...waiting to see pics of his bruises from the big fall, I KNOW he took at least once! LOL just kidding!! I've been here for about two years and love this group. Hopefully, like I did, you'll get great ideas, LOTS of encouragement and an occasional kick in the butt when excuses get in your way. But that's what it's all about, isn't it?! All of us are on a journey that's NOT EASY and it's great to have others to lean on during the tough days.

So, jump in, introduce yourself and tell us a little about what you hope to accomplish. It's true...you'll get out of this group, what you put into it. Looking forward to getting to know you. Happy New Year! I love the theme...New Year, New You! Onward and downward!

Take care,
    Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hey guys...teensy favor to ask...we're all busy people, as am I, but keep an eye on messages directed to you, IMs sent (found under Mail on your main page screen and just general inquiries which mention you and get back to us...especially your Captains, MODS, etc...we're usually seeking information...even if your response is "I have no idea" or "can't answer now I'm too busy"...

Thanks!!
    Jessica (your favorite nagging Captain) :wink:
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    What were your steps for the 25th please? Thanks, Jess

Sorry, Jess! Here's steps for 12/25 and yesterday.

Steps
    Wed 12/25-6624
    Sat 12/28-8584
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks for having me in your group. I've just started up again with MFP after a long hiatus and putting back on all the weight I've previously lost 😫. Hoping that some mutual support will help me lose and keep it off permanently this time.

I'm 41 and currently at 189 lb. Ideally I'd like to get somewhere around 150 lb but most importantly I want to feel healthy (and be able to exercise without turning into a ridiculously sweaty beetroot)!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Arc130 wrote: »
    What were your steps for the 25th please? Thanks, Jess

Sorry, Jess! Here's steps for 12/25 and yesterday.

Steps
    Wed 12/25-6624
    Sat 12/28-8584

No need to apologize gal...I'm just trying to stay on top of the stats so I don't get behind. We're all so busy, ya know?!!

So, what are your goals for the new year?!! NEW YEAR/NEW YOU! What's your plan?!!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    l4uolmvmjzzz.jpg

REMINDER to everyone...because of the way the calendar fell this month, December chat and weigh-ins runs until Jan. 4th...JANUARY stat keeping will begin on Sunday, Jan 5th!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    w02ds8x0al07.jpg

Would love to hear your thoughts and plans for a NEW YEAR/NEW YOU in January 2020! SHARE AWAY!!

Jessica
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Trimstones, I’m Karen and I’m happy to be joining your team, starting in January. But I’ll start posting now so I can get into the habit.

I’m 54, I live in Texas and I’ve been on/off MFP for years gaining/losing the same pounds.

This year I want to lose them for good and maintain a healthy weight which is about 20 lbs lighter then I am right now.

I hope I can contribute to the team in exercise. I’m pretty good at that, but I suck at nutrition and I’ll be hoping to get lots of tips from all of you on that.

Looking forward to January!
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    @kmfeig87 yeah the cruise was great we had a blast!! I did get sea sick the first day though...maybe that's why I only gained 4lbs😂😂
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,796 Member
    Options
    12/26-5,388 (still sick)
    12/27-10,501 (2 mile run)
    12/28-14,296 (3 mile run, 35 minutes weight, plus got called into work)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,796 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should have a great weigh in this week. I worked out almost everyday except christmas and the next day because I was sick, and normally I over indulge Christmas between breakfast at my moms, and dinner at my dads, but I ate a total of 700 calories that day I think
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For 2020 I'm going to work on a few things.

First is my relationship with food. When I find myself eating mindlessly, I'm going to do two things: 1) not scold myself and 2) try to figure out what I'm trying to not "mind" (pay attention to). I think my big goal is self-awareness.

Second is to go 2020 miles under my own steam whether it be walking, jogging, cycling, or pogo-sticking. (That last one is really unlikely.)

The third is to stay connected with people through MFP and another site I use (yes.fit) to support and be supported.

And the last one is to record my food and exercise each day.

Even though I don't really start until January, I'm going to post tomorrow to start getting in the swing of things. Happy to be on Team Trimstones with all of you!
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    mynacha73
    Mondays (I officially start in January, but trying to get into the habit!)
    PW 209.4
    CW 206.3
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    2020 for me...

1. Remembering I actually enjoy exercise and feel good when I get off my backside and do it. I will make time for the gym and jogging, even when work is crazy, because it helps my mental and physical health.
    2. I won't fall into the trap of mid-week boozing as a de-stressing mechanism and will earn my weekend treats instead.
    3. I will focus on my long-term health improvement and not get fixated on week-to-week weight fluctuations.

🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️👊
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    NEWS FLASH!

As you may know, most of the Fitness Warriors team has decided to leave F2F to begin a new group. A few are sticking with F2F, and we have very large numbers of new people joining - you have all seen the new people here, and more are coming every day. This is good! But it means we need all six teams!

So yesterday, we created a new team - tentatively named The Downsizers. The continuing members of the FW team will now be on the Downsizers, and lots of new people are now being placed on that team with them.

Call for help!
    The Downsizers will need a few more experienced (and enthusiastic!) members, to balance all the new folks. To help the new team move along smoothly, we are asking for volunteers of veteran members to join them (temporarily or permanently). We are also looking for a Captain and Motivator for the team.

If you are looking for a change, or have considered leadership, please let us know. We ask that you DM either @jugar or @beka3695.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/28 - 0 (Forgot on the charger)
    12/29 - 3955
This discussion has been closed.