TRIMSTONES DECEMBER CHAT

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
Welcome cf68nv1j0vwe.png CHALLENGERS
This chat room is where the CHALLENGERS on this team meet. Here is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the DECEMBER CHALLENGE - We have six (6) teams returning this month!
Our group and team leaders for the91vii32gnq9v.png Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains:
*Team Fitness Warriors - @Fitness327wk and @shbarbor
Warriors Fitness Captain.- @Navydaddjtc
*Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and
@TeresaW1020
*Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
*Team Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators:
*Team Fitness Warriors - @ConfidentRaven
*Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
*Team Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Team Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Team Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Each week, every challenger weighs in, and the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!
If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page.
In addition to weight loss, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. We have 3 different kinds of challenges. NONE is mandatory. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, though, so we hope to see you there often! Here they are:
Weekly Group Challenge - The six teams take turns to provide a Challenge for the entire group. These are posted Sundays in the Announcements area by the team assigned that particular week (see below). Everyone in the F2F Group as a whole is welcome to join in and get to know challengers from other teams. There is a new challenge every week, so you can try many new ideas.

F2F Moderators’ Challenge/Topic of the Week - The moderators also post a weekly challenge or topic in the announcements area. These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey.

Internal Team Challenges - Every team can run internal challenges - a step counting team, daily goals, weekly games or anything that can help keep everyone involved and on track. Your ideas are welcome - just post them here.

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges will be provided by:
Week 1 – Team MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
Week 2 – Team TRIMSTONES
Week 3 – Team WEIGHT NO MORE
Week 4 – Team WAISTAWAYS
Week 5 – Team SHRINKING ASSETS

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let us know ahead of time so another team can take your place or the moderators can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified.
Let’s make our new challengers feel welcome and show them some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves, and let the new month begin.

THANKS! YOUR MODS

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    edited November 2019
    Options
    d2dp1b6yg5y6.png

PLEASE WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM TRIMSTONES
    @Adakizim09
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE DECEMBER SPREADSHEET
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    lbnukek5w9sy.png
    @JasonJoyHedenskog, @sarawilliams5889, AND @keepmelean
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THESE TEAMMATES SETTLED
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE DECEMBER SPREADSHEET
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

@JasonJoyHedenskog, @Adakizim09, @sarawilliams5889, AND @keepmelean

Welcome to Team TrimStones guys!! I'm Jessica, one of the two Team Captains...the other Captain is @mulecanter, who is also a great motivator. I also head up our Step Team, so if you're a Fitbit or step tracker nut (like me), let me know if you'd like to join us for daily walking, motivation, competition and fitness fun! On Fitbit, use email jakrall@cox.net and you can add me, but please send me an IM to let me know you're doing so, as I don't add everyone automatically.

Take a second and introduce yourselves. Tell us a little about what brought you to us, where you are in your journey, what some of your goals are, etc. so we can be helpful to you. You've been placed with a really nice little "family" of people! I've been here for two years and they help me every day. I'm one of the chattier people on the team, but others share a lot as well. We're a pretty diverse group, which is what I really like...all ages, occupations, hobbies, ability levels, etc...all just trying to fight the calorie demons, just like you are as well!

Feel free to call on me if I can be of help to you. I'm online daily and will try to respond to you as soon as I can. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving if you're in the US...and again, WELCOME!!!
    Jessica
  • keepmelean
    keepmelean Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

It’s not my first time here (been on/off a handful of times, actually). Lost 50+lbs in 2013 using the tools here however I realized I had lost too much and put about 20 back on. My goal now is to try dropping about 10 again to see if that is sustainable.

Never, ever been a part of any challenge group. Hoping we can have some fun.
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Sara and I’m an Aussie 😊 I’ve lost around 40lbs a couple of times over the past decade or so and it’s slowly crept back on again 😖 I’ve already lost a few lbs and am looking to lose around 30 more! Looking forward to being a part of this group and motivating each other!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    9zfkk83ansyd.jpg

Calling all Steppers!!! CALLING ALL STEPPERS!!!! Starting in December, when you notify me that you wish to participate in the December step challenge, please advise your daily step goal and those will be notated in the first column, next to your name in the step chart. ALSO, the Step Chart will now be located immediately following the Weight Chart, for easy access...no more scrolling all the way to the bottom! SO, let me know if you'd like to join us for daily walking...I'm already there and waiting on ya! JOIN ME!! :smiley:
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options

@JasonJoyHedenskog, @Adakizim09, @sarawilliams5889, AND @keepmelean

Welcome to the team! Glad to have you join us!

My name is Trina. I think I've been on the team for almost a year now and back on MFP for 18 months. I love the community here, it definitely helps keep me motivated and on track and also helps a lot in getting through the rough patches and fits and stops and starts of losing weight!

I am 54, married to a wonderful guy for 28 years with 3 great sons, 24, 20 and 17. I've lost 68 pounds and have 4 to go before starting maintenance... For about 3 months now!

Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I would love to step with you. My goal is 13000 steps a day.
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2019
    Options
    THE TALLIES FOR THE t40376qqsqyq.jpgWEIGHT LOSS AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 3.3 POUNDS OR 0.01%

0tgbz3meo4gv.png
    THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Trimstones 0.32%
    INDIVIDUAL % kmfeig87 3.68%
    TEAM LBS LOST Trimstones 11.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST kmfeig87 5.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Trimstones 0.32%
    2nd WaistAways 0.15%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Trimstones 11.2
    2nd WaistAways 5.9
    3rd Shrinking Assets 1.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @kmfeig87 3.68%
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 1.83%
    3rd @amytriesww 1.76%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @kmfeig87 5.0
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 3.8
    3rd @amytriesww 3.7

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@jenready
    @Pearl4686
    @DreaRN15
    @Lindamtuck2018
    @mrmcgrath
    @tryingagain5
    @offitgoes
    @CharlesScott78
    @reflectionofme
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    Steps
    11/29 17,878
    11/30 18,894

I posted this in November too... I want sure where you'd look!

Congrats trimstones on the win! I feel a bit guilty as it was really last week's IV gain that got me down this week! Oops! We don't have to tell the other teams that! 😂😏😋
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE TALLIES FOR THE29vibdret3px.pngWEIGHT LOSS AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    GRAND FINALE
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 132.9 POUNDS OR 0.57%

d663yovq3t0b.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.15%
    INDIVIDUAL % Krystalkayefisher 5.98%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 51.9
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST CharlesScott78 19.4

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Shrinking Assets 1.15%
    2nd Workout Warriors 0.90%
    3rd Weight No More 0.77%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 51.9
    2nd Workout Warriors 41.1
    3rd Weight No More 23.9

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Krystalkayefisher 5.98%
    2nd @Lindamtuck2018 5.03%
    3rd @amytriesww 4.93%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @CharlesScott78 19.4
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 13.0
    3rd @amytriesww 11.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @CharlesScott78
    @kmargut
    @ConfidentRaven
    @Safari_Gal_
    @walkerjulian78
    @Shortgirlrunning
    @KathynDes
    @cafelelia
    @mrmcgrath
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Captain’s responsibilities include:

* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
    * Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
    * Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
    * Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
    * Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
    * Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
    * Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
    * Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
    * Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 206.2
    CW: 206.0

Steps:
    11/28 = 4,223
    11/29 = 9,986
    11/30 = 2,258
    Goal is 10,000
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GOOD MORNINGku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg
    CHALLENGERS AND WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE
    A QUICK INTRO HERE
    I AM GREG AKA @NAVYDADDJTC
    I AM THE GROUP OWNER, MODERATOR AND FITNESS CAPTAIN FOR THE FITNESS WARRIORS

I HAVE TAKEN A STEP FROM THE TEAM CAPTAIN POSITION I HELD TO FOCUS ON THE GROUP AS A WHOLE

A LITTLE ABOUT ME
    MARRIED TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE MARCIE KATHLEEN 30+YEARS, 2 SONS
    I AM A DISABLED COMBAT VET SERVING 2 TOURS IN VIETNAM AS A MILITARY WAR DOG HANDLER WITH THE US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND (NAVY SEALS, MARINE RECON AND THE ARMY GREEN BERET) I HANDLED SHADOWX-117 FOR 5 YEARS UNTIL HE WAS KIA ON OUR 2ND TOUR IN NAM DURING THE FALL OF SAIGON IN APRIL OF 75. AT THE SAME TIME I WAS THE VICTIM OF A WELL PLACE BOBBY TRAP WHICH COST ME THE LOWER PORTION OF MY RIGHT CALF AND MY RIGHT FOOT. SO GOES THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATION OF WAR AND WE MOVE FORWARD FROM THERE WITH A LOT MENTAL AND PHYSICAL THERAPY.

I HAVE BEEN A WARRIOR FROM THE GET GO. I JOINED IN 2016 TOOK A SMALL BREAK AND CAME BACK AFTER GETTING A NEW PROSTHETIC TO WORKOUT ON AND WALK WITH.

AS WE APPROACH THE HOLIDAY SEASON I WOULD LIKE ALL OF THE ku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg CHALLENGERS TO BE AWARE OF THE CALORIES THAT WE ARE GOING TO CONSUME AND BE MINDFUL THAT IT WON'T DETER US FROM OUR GOALS AS A TEAM AND AS A PERSON.

AS Aku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg CHALLENGER I AM GOING TO ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR TEAM,THE MODERATORS AND YOU.
    PARTICIPATE IN THE MODERATORS CHALLENGE, THE GROUP CHALLENGE AND YOUR TEAM CHALLENGE. THESE CHALLENGES ARE COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY; HOWEVER IT CONQUERS 2 THINGS... YOU MEET AND CHAT WITH OTHER CHALLENGERS AND YOU PUSH YOURSELF TO BE A HEALTHIER YOU.
    LET’S HAVE A GREAT DECEMBER CHALLENGE WITH OF LOT OF WEIGHT LOSSES AND FUN TIMES’
    GREG
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Challenge: Sharing is Caring Brought to you by team Mission Slimpossibles!! :)
    Please post in your groups and pop over to the challenge thread and post there as well so we can all get to know each other better!!

Week One: Sharing Is Caring

x4g99172oaav.png

SHARING SUNDAY
    I joined Fat 2 Fit because I love the idea of challenges and working together as a group toward our goals. Being involved with my team Mission Slimpossibles has been so much fun and so motivating. I love how my team truly cares about each other and does their best to always be so supportive. :)
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    Steps
    11/29 17,878
    11/30 18,894

I posted this in November too... I want sure where you'd look!

Congrats trimstones on the win! I feel a bit guilty as it was really last week's IV gain that got me down this week! Oops! We don't have to tell the other teams that! 😂😏😋

At the end of the month, I always keep both charts open for a week, just in case...Nov chat is closed now, so we're good...but I'm still catching up the step chart for Nov. I'm like the tax man...I'll always find ya! :smile:
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hi! My name is Joy, and I’m a 38 year old stay at home mom. I’ve had this app for awhile but never really stuck with logging or got involved in forums until now. This is my second week in. I need to lose about 20 lbs, and need extra motivation. I don’t have a step counter yet, but may have one soon.

Welcome Joy...love your name! I think you'll like our group...a lot of Fitbits are on sale this week (Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales), so it's a great time to get one...let me know if you want to walk with us after you pick one up...we'd love to have ya!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Sharing is Caring Challenge for Sunday...I joined Fat2Fit because I didn't want to continue to feel like I was going through the struggle alone. My journey will be a long one...and even 76 pounds down, I still have such a long way to go. The last few months have been hard and I'm consistently "dusting off and getting back on the horse", so to speak, but in this group, I have others who can commiserate, off suggestions and kick me in the butt when needed. We go through "quiet" periods which are hard for me...I need others to chat me up throughout the week...so I try to always be a conversation starter...guess I'm always thinking there are a few others out there who feel the same. If not, then, I'm just the annoying chatty Cathy in the group! LOL EITHER WAY, ya gotta love me!
    GREAT CHALLENGE! Jessica, Capt, TrimStones
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    9zfkk83ansyd.jpg

Calling all Steppers!!! CALLING ALL STEPPERS!!!! Starting in December, when you notify me that you wish to participate in the December step challenge, please advise your daily step goal and those will be notated in the first column, next to your name in the step chart. ALSO, the Step Chart will now be located immediately following the Weight Chart, for easy access...no more scrolling all the way to the bottom! SO, let me know if you'd like to join us for daily walking...I'm already there and waiting on ya! JOIN ME!! :smiley:

I'll jump back on....
    My daily step goal is set for 8k
This discussion has been closed.