• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    12/5-11,524
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    2dhhxlh35pci.png

I would like to sound all positive and say I have things altogether, but basically I try to start each week with a plan...now depending on what disasters occur, truthfully, I may or may not stick to that plan. To avoid complete meltdowns, I try to have a backup plan to offer a little flexibility...just like everyone else, I do have days where despite my better judgement, I just can't stick to the plan. I try to keep those meltdowns to a minimum.

I also tend to vent on the list or call a friend to talk me down from the hard days...
    Jessica
    TrimStones
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Workout Wednesday 💪

2h76fxewmxdw.jpeg

Where is this? Lovely.

Port Lincoln, South Australia 😊

I've been looking at a map as I didn't know anything about Port Lincoln. Where are you in relation to the national park? I'm curious what direction your photo is looking toward. I also noticed that you have pretty mild temps for "summer", is that because of the ocean (ala San Francisco)?

This photo is taken from the north of the town (national park is to the south) facing towards the town which you can’t see due to the cliffs. There is a lovely walking path along the coast right from the north through to the south of the town. It’s a beautiful place to live! The summers are a bit milder but saying that we’ve already had 3 days over 104 degrees and it’s only the beginning of summer!! Thanks for taking an interest @mulecanter 😊
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    sarawilliams5889
    Saturday
    PW 164
    CW 161
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    DreaRN15
    Saturday
    PW 280.4
    CW 277.2

I still have water weight coming off since I started taking the diuretics my NP ordered with my BP meds. I will take it though!!
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/6 - 3080
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    31l2ubtx3dad.png

Actually, this one isn't that difficult for me...most of these gatherings, at least around the holidays, which is when you see many of them, center around sweets. Sweets are not a weakness for me. I don't eat chocolate at all...only one in my family who doesn't like it. The only sweets that are a weakness for me are anything with fruit in it (pies) or the occasional cheesecake slice, but even that is usually only once or twice a year. So, if I do partake, I only take a small piece of two or three items and that's it...

For regular foods, I try to start with only one protein source, something lean and then load up on salad or veggies. I also eat slowly and drink lots of water or unsweet tea.

Thanks again for this challenge. It's been my favorite one in over a year! GREAT IDEA!
    Jessica
    TrimStones
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Kateberard
    Wieght
    Friday (sorry the app was not letting me in)
    PW:188
    CW:188
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @angmarie28 Sent you a PM and need a quick answer please...get back to me today if possible.

All: missing four weights for the week and need them before tomorrow morning to avoid NWIs.

@schlerin Haven't received any step reports from you all week...please catch up today if possible.

Walkers: Catch me up today on any white spaces...lots of stepping going on this week...awesome! :smile:

Hope ya'll had a great week! I was SO glad to see it close out...one more week until recital and I'm nearly burned out...looking forward to it being over on the 13th...the kids are all doing great and are excited, but I'm TIRED! Once I get past that event, I can start wrapping presents and really enjoying the holidays!

Jessica
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/4 16,011
    12/5 22,623
    12/6 12,498
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I have several different ways to handle food at holiday parties.
    1. Fill the plate with veggies, drink lots of water before going
    2. Don't bother with the high calorie foods that are always available and take small portions of the special treats.
    3. Split with my husband, so I can stick to just a taste.
    4. Intermittent fasting (my favorite). Don't eat much before going (usually just a good serving of lean protein) and then eat in moderation.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    You have a lot on your plate @angmarie28. Sounds like you've done a great job of doing whats best for your family.
  • jenready
    Options
    Steps
    12/6 10,193
  • jenready
    Options
    jenready
    Saturday
    Week 1
    Previous 217.3
    Current 220.06
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    12/1 = 3,626
    12/2 = 4.770
    12/3 = 3,821
    12/4 = 7,627
    12/5 = 3,881
    12/6 = 3,351
    So much for a step goal! Vacation is almost over, back to work on Sunday.
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    How I started handling food during the holidays:

First, I only drink water and plenty of it.
    For Thanksgiving week, I filled half my plate with vegetables and the other half, I filled a quarter with carbs (stuffing & mashed potatoes) and the other quarter with protein (turkey & ham). No seconds. For dessert, I chose two half-slices of pie (there were 5 types this year, I chose pumpkin and apple) with whipped cream on top.

Christmas is a little harder because there are so many cookies. I will try to limit myself to 2-3 cookies a day. The rest is the same as Thanksgiving with dividing the plate, but this time the other half of my plate will be garlic bread, and lasagna and meatloaf.
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

Hope ya'll had a great week! I was SO glad to see it close out...one more week until recital and I'm nearly burned out...looking forward to it being over on the 13th...the kids are all doing great and are excited, but I'm TIRED! Once I get past that event, I can start wrapping presents and really enjoying the holidays!

Jessica

Jess! Hugs for you until you are done with recital! I hope you can find some time to treat yourself to a bath or something else relaxing. Even if just meditation.
This discussion has been closed.