How much have you lost?

Options

Replies

• Nancyh59
    Nancyh59 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    mamacita99 wrote: »
    Down 22 lbs in 2 1/2 months. Running a little over 20 miles a week. Have about 70 lbs to go. Dr. Only prescribed 3 months- wish I could find a dr who would stick with it until I hit goal weight.

This is great losing! I find it so odd that my doctor is happy to keep people on this stuff their entire lives "if they need to." She is one drug happy lady. I've talked to a few people about her willingness to go years on this stuff and they said there is no requirement, the 3 months is a recommendation but not a hard and fast rule. I don't know if I should be thankful she's not a 3 month person or scared. I can't stand the chick I see, but I need her for other stuff so.........

Oh, I forgot . . that's too bad that you don't like your doctor! Mine is a 45 year old woman and I adore her. She and her daughters struggle with weight, too, so she has a lot of empathy. I've never liked women physicians very well, but she is great.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Nancyh59 wrote: »

My doctor is one of those who will let people stay on this for years, too. But I'm not sure how beneficial it truly is after the first 3 to 6 months. I started in May and my total loss to date is around 35 pounds--but I lost 25 of that in the first 3 months. I think the phentermine was really making a difference then, but now I think it's not as effective--plus the fact that being 25 pounds down requires me to re-think both my calorie intake and my exercise, and I've just been too lazy to ramp up that side of things. I may try an experiment of not taking it for a month and then going back on--see if it's more effective when I start up again.

For the first time this week my hpath had me sit down and take stock of how much weight I've actually lost on the phentermine (I've been seriously considering going off of it). The biggest effect I see from it is appetite control. What I discovered is that from 1/1/16 until 7/7/16 I lost 9.2lbs just using MFP. From 7/8/16 until now I've lost 8.2lbs. So I actually lost a bit more w/o the phentermine AND those first 6 months of the year were exceedingly emotional as I worked through some of the things that contributed to my weight gain. So one would have expected I would have lost much less during that time. So I am back to considering stopping the phentermine for now. I'll decide at year's end. I expect to hit 20#'s lost by the 31st of this month and then will re-evaluate. But I likely see myself going off of it for awhile to see how I do with just diet and exercise.

• traceyinMI
    traceyinMI Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for 9 months. I've lost 64.5lbs so far. I've been stalled out for at least a month, probably more. I'm not sure if I will continue. I do have a few days a month (in a row) where I don't take it and I don't feel my appetite changes those days. I would like to lose about 30 more lbs. but I am not 100% convinced that staying on Phen is the way to do that. My next dr. appt. will be late January so I am going to talk to my dr. about it then. She would keep me on it until I meet my goal but I'm not sure I need to do that. I'm still tracking food, staying low carb and around 1300 cal/day. Tons of water.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    I started weaning from the phen yesterday. I'm on a 3 week wean down process. Supposedly, in going off of it that way, the raging appetite issues that some people experience is not suppose to happen. I guess time will tell. The one thing we are watching is my appetite since actual weight loss does not appear to have been sped up at all with using the phen. My rate of loss is the same, only the appetite control is different for me. So we'll see how this goes.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Here is my mini update. I started my journey on Feb 20, 2016 and I have lost 58lbs to dated. I used Phentermine from February to October and only stopped because I found that I could get Adderall for free from the VA. I found Phentermine to be an excellent tool to Jumpstart my weight-loss program. I am very active and do crossfit as well as cardio 5-6 days a week. You have to watch your cal intake but through diet and exercise you can be successful. My next goal is to drop about 20 more lbs and get down to 12% body fat. Good luck on your journey. Ambition+Drive+Determination = success!!
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    I am officially off of the phentermine. It's only been 11 days or so. Thus far, I haven't had an appetite increase so much as I'm dealing with perimenopause issues which is making carb cravings nuts. So far, I'm managing to maintain what I lost in 2016 so we'll see how it continues to go. I'm leaning heavily on Becks Diet Solution strategies for keeping off what I've lost so far.
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am officially off of the phentermine. It's only been 11 days or so. Thus far, I haven't had an appetite increase so much as I'm dealing with perimenopause issues which is making carb cravings nuts. So far, I'm managing to maintain what I lost in 2016 so we'll see how it continues to go. I'm leaning heavily on Becks Diet Solution strategies for keeping off what I've lost so far.

I've been off Phentermine too, for just about a month. I was at the point where it was no longer working for me. I've started on the Keto Diet (High Fat, Moderate Protein, Low Carb), which is really working great so far. I may ask my doctor to go back on it in a few months, but so far- so good!
  • Lovethyself1982
    Lovethyself1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    19 days so far with a ketogenic diet & half tab of phen each morning.....down 12# and tons of inches
  • chelsea_j52185
    chelsea_j52185 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I started phentermine for the second time, on March 13th, 2017. Today is March 24th- so far I have lost 12 pounds. I've cut out soda completely, which is a miracle because I lived off of Dr.Pepper. Been drinking water and Propel waters. Been logging my food intake, which hasn't been too much since appetite is basically non existent. I've also been making way healthier food choices. Short term goal is to lose 30-40 pounds by my wedding, which is June 10th, 2017. Long term goal is to lose total of 80-100 pounds.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    I haven't updated this in awhile. I actually am taking the phent on an "as needed" basis as my doctor called it. For me, that means I take it on the weekends, when I ovulate and the week of my cycle. I'm finding this to be very effective for me in terms of appetite control. However, I've not lost anything in months so it still comes down to CICO. I'm currently choosing to eat at maintenance for a bit before going for deficit again.

I would love to do keto but without being able to eat dairy I find it very difficult. I have a hard enough time hitting my protein goals bc of no dairy.
  • Lovethyself1982
    Lovethyself1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Any 2017 PHEN users in the group?!
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    There are several of us still using phen. I take it on as "as needed" basis for appetite suppression. Usually related to hormones (cycle and ovulation).
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    WillingtoLose1001984 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs taking phentermine last year. I want to get on some sort of medication again to see if I can lose the last 100- even 60 more lbs would be great! I was just on it for a few months.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello, I started today. I also take Welbutrin and I am doing WW for behavior modification. The combo should be a win win. I just recommitted to WW and have lost 2.4 pounds before today. Monday is my weigh in with WW. I will check in here on Fridays with an update on weight loss.

Please feel free to friend me if you are in this for the long haul regardless of your method to lose weight. We are all here for one thing and that is to get and maintain a healthier lifestyle and weight. I am glad I found this group. It has been very informative.

SW 398.6
    CW 398.6
    GW 299
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Started 15 mg of Phentermine (FEN-ter-meen) July 4, 2017

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 398.6

Total weight lost as of today: 0 pounds :)

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Started 15 mg of Phentermine (FEN-ter-meen) July 4, 2017

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 395.2

Total weight lost as of today: 3.4 pounds :)

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Started July 4, 2017

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 393.6

Total weight lost as of today: 5 pounds :)

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Started July 4, 2017

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 391.4

Total weight lost as of today: 7.2 pounds :)

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Week end was not good, but back on track today :smile:

Started July 4, 2017

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 393.0

Total weight lost as of today: 5.6 pounds :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Started July 4, 2017

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 391.2

Total weight lost as of today: 7.4 pounds :)