Options
    aprillacey2

January week 2

PW 141.6
    CW 140.5
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 thank you! Ya I think I need to start journaling I think that would help.
    Also with the overtime issues it's alot easier to buy some ramen then to stick with keto. It was a bunch of things all at once and I lost it. But funny thing is I haven't felt as good as I have then when I was on keto. I had so much energy on keto and now I can barley get through the day. I'm starting keto again monday. Also yes running use to make me feel so much better but I'm a heavey smoker and get horrible him splints Everytime I start running. I literally just invested 120 in a new vape to try and stop smoking! Only bought 3mg nicotine juice so I can try to stop with the Mony save on smoking ( around 50 or more a week) I want to put twords keto! I'm trying I know my biggest obstacle is me and I'm standing in my own way! It's so hard to change how u think! But I want this I really do! I've literally been having nightmares where I get really fat lol. It's hard to understand how I'm a control freak and the one thing I could have actual control over is the one thing I feel I have no control over. I'm tired of beating myself up all the time and tired of feeling like I'm nothing if I'm not thin. I think I have a really messed up idea of what my worth is in this life. I honestly feel that the thinner and better looking you are the more worth you have and that's not what I believe but that's how I see life and I wanna change that. I wanna be healthy and happy and have energy. I hate that I feel I got the bad genes in my family I'm the biggest one and I feel nothing but jealousy when I'm around my siblings and see the thin and beautiful and I start to have anger twords them for it. It's not fair to them it's not right and I know it's a problem with me not them. I just can't help but to see them and feel like I'm not worth as much cause they a look better then me. It's hard to cause I come from a family of addicts and I'm the only one that's not so I get this chip on my shoulder of " oh well you wouldn't look like that if it wasn't for the meth" i know that's wrong of me but I feel like I try so hard to do everything and everything just seems to happen for them through other people and then I feel like the only reason that is is because they are thin and beautiful. I know sharing l this may make me seem like a bad person but I'm not ifs just something I struggle with and maybe by sharing it on here maybe people can relate or share how they over came that. I just want this year to be me at my most honest point. I'm so full of love and compassion but I feel like I'm not worth as much as someone who has a smaller Jean size as me. I recognize that it's an issue with me and I want to change.
    I'm looking into therapy but not sure I can afford it. All I know is I want to do better and be better and bring more into this world and it starts with me.

@satchel2008 Sometimes I think just getting it off your chest can help, yesterday I talked about my weight issues as of late and I think that really helped me to process some of it in my own head.
    And one of the things I like to do is take like a Sunday where I've caught up on my chores and prep a bunch of food for the freezer, I like to make meat (which is easy to ad to other things later) Keto Lasagna is up one thing I make and freeze in individual portions so I can just heat it up. Things like that are what I like to keep in the freezer so that way on those days where I'm tired, or I worked a lot, or just generally didn't feel like cooking. Also, I like to prep a couple of days at a time if I know I'm going to be working longer hours, which for me is Tuesday and Wednesday right now, I will prep my meals for those days Sunday or Monday so that way I have them and I can just stuff them in my lunch bag and go.

And sometimes when we feel like so much of our lives are out of our control, we tend to let that spill into the things we do have control over. I might suggest preparing ahead of time so when you feel like just grabbing things that are easy, you already have something made, and it's easy. Your future self will thank you.

I think one of the things I am really working on these days sort of ties into what you're saying about feeling like things just come easy to people who are thin and beautiful, I've reached a point in my weight loss journey where I do still have a bit of fat left on my body that I can lose and really do want to lose to get myself to that 20-25% bodyfat range, and I'm really not far from it. The issue I am currently facing is I have so much excess skin in my stomach, really don't have it anywhere else, and to me what I see in that area is a belly, when the reality is, it's skin mostly. I can move it around, stretch it out and see my flat stomach, and it's really really hard to think about all the work I've done and all the weight I've lost and what I could have if I hadn't destroyed my body in the first place...and I keep trying to get past that, but it's really been dragging me down and back into that self sabotage cycle I tend to get myself into when I get close to reaching my goals. I'm not really sure what deep seeded emotions I'm really struggling with there, but I am trying to work through them daily and journaling how I'm feeling when I start trying to self sabotage is really helping, however it is a very slow process and I need to keep reminding myself I am worth it, and I will eventually be where I really want to be. And the reality is, I am making an appointment with a plastic surgeon so I can at least look at my options for the skin issue (doctor recommended actually). I think I owe it to myself to at least look at my options. The reallly hard part of looking at surgery is the recovery for me, it will be sooo hard to not be able to weightlift for months if that's what's needed for recovery time, however it may be possible to just have the skin removed without touching any of my abdominal muscles and have what's called a "mini tuck" and just have the skin below my belly button removed and that healing time is normally 2-4 weeks and I do think I can live with that and I'd be happier then.
    Long winded response, but I think it helps to paint the picture that we do all have some "baggage" and that is how a lot of us got to where we are, injuries, emotions, trouble with self confidence/worth, working a lot/time management, and eventually those things ad up to a problem that seems near impossible to get out of. I fell victim to some of those along the way to 241 lbs and when I got to the point of 241 lbs I had soooo many of those and the task of losing the weight really seemed impossible, but I did it and so can you and everyone else. Just taking it one day at a time and finding what strategy works, for some it's just straight calorie reduction and controling intake, for others we needed something else, for me Keto was the only thing that helped my cravings and insulin resistance so I could lose the weight....and it will be different for everyone and the reality is we have to take the time and figure it out and then stick to it. And good for you for recognizing how you were feeling when you were doing Keto, I have a lot of the same feelings when on Keto, more energy, and I just generally feel better and it's been well over a year at this point since I've cheated, and I have no regrets.

And you might see if your insurance can help any with therapy, or maybe find a group therapy class, sometimes you can find those for free, like AA, but for other issues. But also, feel free to share here, this is a safe space, and I think we all have our issues and I am no exception.
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Osier5
    Week 3
    PW: 169.6
    CW: 170.0

This gain is SUPER annoying! I've done everything "right" this week! I've even stopped eating my exercise calories! It is so demoralizing to have gained. I don't want to let it derail me and I feel like I've let the team down.
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    Sunday
    PW: 199.2
    CW: 200.2
    abp6ckwfhkw2.png
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Week 2 (Saturday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Week 3
    Sunday
    PW: 246
    CW:244
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    January 19
    WMEJA
    Sunday week 2
    PW 228
    CW 227.7
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Sunday morning:

Yesterday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday

Track ✔
    Calories❌
    Exercise ✔
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post
    Week 3 (Sunday)
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise Yes. Rain let up. So was able to get out in walk. But It was a little Chilly.
  • WMEJA
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Daily Post
    Week 3 (Sunday)
    Exercise No, been sick and I don't usually exercise on Sunday but, I will make it up this week.
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Sammydee2015
    Weekly weigh in
    Sunday
    PW: 188.4
    CW:189.6
    Yipes! At least I have time to make this trend back on point 🤞🙏💪
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Calories: Even
    Exercise: No
  • WMEJA
    edited January 2020
    Options
    WMEJA
    Sunday 1/19
    Exercise No, been sick and I don't usually exercise on Sunday but, I will make it up this week.
  • WMEJA
    edited January 2020
    Options
    WMEJA wrote: »
    January 19
    WMEJA
    Sunday week 2
    PW 228
    CW 227.7

Yikes I put week three! Are we still on week two or three? I have to keep this straight. Made the correction here
  • WMEJA
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Daily Post
    Week 3(Sunday)

Week 2 not 3
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post
    Week 3(Sunday)

Week 2 not 3

It is week 3 actually.
  • WMEJA
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post
    Week 3(Sunday)

Week 2 not 3

It is week 3 actually.

Thank you! I know that I need to keep better track of the weeks. Don't want to confuse things..mostly for myself.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: nope

Comments: I had planned on walking today, but life had other plans for me, and the reality is, that probably isn't a bad thing. A complete rest day, I very rarely take those and it's entirely possible that I needed it considering..
    Back at it tomorrow!
  • rissahm139
    rissahm139 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Rissahm139
    January Week 3
    PW: 265.4
    CW: 267.2

Hasn’t been the best week, but I’m not complaining!
This discussion has been closed.