TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    ... did some arm strength training. I have wings on my arms. Looks like I could fly away..lol. I did find a 10 minute video on youtube that I like. Has anyone else needed to tone arms? What worked for you?
    Time will reduce the area but maybe add some weight lifting to help? I added it to my fitness adventure and it has made a big difference for me in more than one area. Actually, you know how ‘they’ say you can’t target just one body part for fat loss? I learned first hand that instead I CAN create muscle which will then seemingly suck/squish that fat IN... thus making me LOOK smaller in said area.
    Not a bad thing at all. 😉
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily Post 1/20

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes Cleaning up
    Goals/comments
    Not exactly the exercise I wanted to do but, I did get a workout and broke out in a little sweat cleaning up and organizing.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    ... did some arm strength training. I have wings on my arms. Looks like I could fly away..lol. I did find a 10 minute video on youtube that I like. Has anyone else needed to tone arms? What worked for you?
    Time will reduce the area but maybe add some weight lifting to help? I added it to my fitness adventure and it has made a big difference for me in more than one area. Actually, you know how ‘they’ say you can’t target just one body part for fat loss? I learned first hand that instead I CAN create muscle which will then seemingly suck/squish that fat IN... thus making me LOOK smaller in said area.
    Not a bad thing at all. 😉

Thank you. I appreciate your advice and I will try some weight lifting. No, Not a bad thing at all! :smiley:
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post
    Week 3 (Monday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Rest day. But id do a few minutes of strength training
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 I got the official results done earlier today, I haven't completed the weekly daily posts challenge which is normally when I post a link to the official results, you can always look at the main page and all of the official results are listed under announcements.[/quote]

Thanks! I’ll check there.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn: 14411

Back on track! Going in the correct direction.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Calories yes
    Track Yes
    Exercise yes upper body
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wed
    Calories yes
    Track Yes
    Exercise yes just walk for 70 mins
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Taking it easy today. Just relaxing. I did wake up and did some arm strength training. I have wings on my arms. Looks like I could fly away..lol. I did find a 10 minute video on youtube that I like. Has anyone else needed to tone arms? What worked for you? I am taking a rest day from Cardio. Hope you all have a great day!

@Jen_967 I don't really have the wings but I have also weightlifted through the duration of my weight loss and that fat was replaced with muscle in my arms and they have the toned and defined look with a tad bit of loose skin on the underneath, nothing that I can call a wing, so my advice, strength train, you won't necessarily get rid of all of it, but you can make it better.
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Tuesday morning:

Yesterday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔
  • Jen_967
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! Taking it easy today. Just relaxing. I did wake up and did some arm strength training. I have wings on my arms. Looks like I could fly away..lol. I did find a 10 minute video on youtube that I like. Has anyone else needed to tone arms? What worked for you? I am taking a rest day from Cardio. Hope you all have a great day!

@Jen_967 I don't really have the wings but I have also weightlifted through the duration of my weight loss and that fat was replaced with muscle in my arms and they have the toned and defined look with a tad bit of loose skin on the underneath, nothing that I can call a wing, so my advice, strength train, you won't necessarily get rid of all of it, but you can make it better.

Thank you. I did find a video on youtube that I do 3x/week with 5lb weights. so I'm hoping that will help. As long as I can make it somewhat better. I'm happy with that. How much weight were you using when you weight lifted?
  • aprillacey2
    aprillacey2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday

Track - yes
    Calories - within range
    Exercise - yes

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Monday

Track ✔
    Calories❌
    Exercise ✔
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Tuesday

Track ✔
    Calories❌
    Exercise ✔

Short walk.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

Thank you. I did find a video on youtube that I do 3x/week with 5lb weights. so I'm hoping that will help. As long as I can make it somewhat better. I'm happy with that. How much weight were you using when you weight lifted?

@Jen_967 That's sort of a complicated answer, I am a competitive weightlifter and on average don't lift less than 70 lbs (barbell) and the exercises I do are specific to the sport of Olympic Weighlifting, so I didn't really focus on those single arm exercises so much as I focus on ones that build muscle specific to how my sport uses the barbell. And in that respect, is probably why I haven't seen much in the way of wings because my arm size hasn't changed much, just the shape has changed, I've only lost about 2 inches on my arms overall. And I don't do a lot of single arm exercises either since Oly Weightlifting uses a barbell, but don't let that change or discourage you from what you're doing now. ANY strength training for your arms will help build muscle and in turn help to reduce the wings. And start small, but also don't be afraid to increase the weights when you find that it isn't challenging you anymore because the more muscle you have, the more toned/defined you will look and will help to lessen the wings and also, women don't get bulky, nothing short of drugs will change that....so don't worry!
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Tuesday 1/21
    Track Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes
    Goals/comments
    The kids at my work have movement time and so I did exercise with the kiddos. Yes it was 20 minutes maybe more. Bridge, wall push ups, arm circle, arm reaches with a ball, pulling the kid on the scooter and catch with a ball just to name a few.. whew it was a workout.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday week 3

Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise Kettlebell

Comments great day.

• southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Jan Wk 3 - Tues, 1/22

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under (I also drank at least 70oz of water today. The most ever, I think, in a day for me.)
    Exercise: 25 min elliptical
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 thank you! Ya I think I need to start journaling I think that would help. Also with the overtime issues it's alot easier to buy some ramen then to stick with keto. It was a bunch of things all at once and I lost it. But funny thing is I haven't felt as good as I have then when I was on keto. I had so much energy on keto and now I can barley get through the day. I'm starting keto again monday. Also yes running use to make me feel so much better but I'm a heavey smoker and get horrible him splints Everytime I start running. I literally just invested 120 in a new vape to try and stop smoking! Only bought 3mg nicotine juice so I can try to stop with the Mony save on smoking ( around 50 or more a week) I want to put twords keto! I'm trying I know my biggest obstacle is me and I'm standing in my own way! It's so hard to change how u think! But I want this I really do! I've literally been having nightmares where I get really fat lol. It's hard to understand how I'm a control freak and the one thing I could have actual control over is the one thing I feel I have no control over. I'm tired of beating myself up all the time and tired of feeling like I'm nothing if I'm not thin. I think I have a really messed up idea of what my worth is in this life. I honestly feel that the thinner and better looking you are the more worth you have and that's not what I believe but that's how I see life and I wanna change that. I wanna be healthy and happy and have energy. I hate that I feel I got the bad genes in my family I'm the biggest one and I feel nothing but jealousy when I'm around my siblings and see the thin and beautiful and I start to have anger twords them for it. It's not fair to them it's not right and I know it's a problem with me not them. I just can't help but to see them and feel like I'm not worth as much cause they a look better then me. It's hard to cause I come from a family of addicts and I'm the only one that's not so I get this chip on my shoulder of " oh well you wouldn't look like that if it wasn't for the meth" i know that's wrong of me but I feel like I try so hard to do everything and everything just seems to happen for them through other people and then I feel like the only reason that is is because they are thin and beautiful. I know sharing l this may make me seem like a bad person but I'm not ifs just something I struggle with and maybe by sharing it on here maybe people can relate or share how they over came that. I just want this year to be me at my most honest point. I'm so full of love and compassion but I feel like I'm not worth as much as someone who has a smaller Jean size as me. I recognize that it's an issue with me and I want to change. I'm looking into therapy but not sure I can afford it. All I know is I want to do better and be better and bring more into this world and it starts with me.

Thank you for sharing. I’ve been struggling a lot. This has helped me. Again thank you for sharing.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tues 1/21
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes short 30 min walk (way too cold here)
This discussion has been closed.