January - Nutritarian New Year!

Options
1235»

Replies

• CoffeeandHumblePie
    CoffeeandHumblePie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’ve been busy with husband who ended up in the hospital with an infection in his small intestine. A rough few days. Will connect soon.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Oh, @CoffeeandHumblePie - I am so SO sorry to hear about your husband. Sending him and you both thoughts of peace and healing. What a lot to deal with. It sounds like you got him good care, which is a great start on his road to recovery.

@magic71755 - So glad you like the new name! Feel free to suggest changes. It truly was just brainstorming and trying to think about how we make sure people have no doubt of their welcome. This is such an awesome group for supporting people in feeling out the healthy plan that works for them.

@Mihani - I credit you with a making sure this group is such a warm and welcoming place, just so you know.

And on the Austin front -- all is well, and I have much to be grateful for.
    Yesterday I tried adding a scoop of vegan protein powder to my morning smoothie. My poor tummy! Not something I have been eating, and it was, um, super uncomfortable. Ah, well. I had the idea that boosting protein on my weight-lifting days might be a good idea. So maybe not a good idea for me!

Current favorite dishes:
    - baked spaghetti squash with cinnamon (so soothing and filling and tasty)
    - mushrooms steamed with finely diced parsnips and carrots, sprinkled with a little smoked paprika & black pepper (new favorite dish)

I had a good WFPB day today:
    B-greens/blueberries smoothie, almond butter
    L-baked spaghetti squash; turnip greens with tomatoes; mushrooms + parsnips + carrots; summer squash with grape tomatoes & pickled onions; turnip, acorn & butternut squash with some diced apples on top
    S-apple slices and peanut butter
    D-baked tofu; spaghetti squash; big salad (romaine, kale, tomato, baby peppers, roasted beets); apple slices

And the teenager continues to be all about his healthy eating path. So happy about that!
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Just a quick post. I bought the Lotus Rice Ramen from Costco. LIke 12 bundles...not sure. Good stuff. Just plain.

Well, the idea came to me today...what if I just add bowling water to it bundle in a sistema cup...cover and let stand a few minutes. (Instead of cooking on the stove with a pot and bowling water).

Guess what it worked. I emptied the water from the sistema cup, added my oil free pasta sauce with veggies and mushrooms...and it was amazing.

I am thinking you could leave the water in and add some Better Than Bouillon (vegan) and have ready made soup. Or like I did ... add pasta sauce...or veggies and sauce. The ideas are endless.

I just can't believe it will cook in the cup.

Sistema (I don't pay this much...they sell them at my market in the kitchen stuff aisle) https://www.amazon.com/Sistema-Microwave-Collection-Soup-Medium/dp/B01GOE7C10/ref=sr_1_1?hvadid=77927938977138&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=sistema+cups&qid=1580328529&sr=8-1&th=1

@CoffeeandHumblePie very sorry to hear about your DH. Hope he is getting better and home with you soon.

Back later dollies...I made a huge salad today...ran out of "knee" time...did not get to put mushrooms or beets in. I did not add the sunflower seeds nor the avocados.

Weight today: 142.6

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Lulu's grooving on the ramen, Magic! Glad it worked out so well.

C&P so sorry about your husband. Sending positive thoughts your way for a speedy recovery.

Austin, thanks. :) It has always been my goal as you know. There were a couple people, years ago, who joined and basically judged everyone for a month or so then said the group wasn't strict enough for them and left. This did not make me lose sleep. LOL

I'm betting the protein powder you used had pre and/or probiotics. I don't deal well with those either.

Today was good...
    B - oats with berries, chia seeds, chopped baby spinach, spices
    L - Dr. McD's miso ramen, an apple
    D - big ol' salad with some of the leftover roasted veggies thrown in, punchy mustard dressing, lentils
  • magic71755
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Morning all...wow, I slept til 7...well, I woke up at 5 and fell back asleep. I never do that. Anyway, up at 7.
    The scale is finally getting close to my next decade and I am not going to mess it up. 141.8 today.
    But it took mostly salad yesterday...(no avocado nor sunflower seeds)

the ramen and sauce I talked about and

one medium baked potato with ketchup...

oh and 1/2 ounce Enjoy Life mini choc chips.

Today:
    Green Juice
    Oatmeal
    Salad & Potato
    Hmmmm...not sure

Nice Cream the other day: frozen bananas with almond milk, sprinkle in 1/2 ounce each walnuts and choco chips. I think JUST the walnuts if good. Kinda frozen banana walnut ice cream. I got the Enjoy Life vegan choco chips mini from Thrive Market (single 1-ounce packages)

Wishing everyone a delicious day.

• Mihani
    Options
    Busy day, and feel like after the end of year craziness then getting sick in January, I'm maybe clawing my way back a bit and starting to get a handle on things. I sure hope soon things will be running more smoothly and we won't always be scrambling. I need to get a lot more caught up before the work on my house begins because that is going to disrupt life.

B - oats with the usual additions
    L - Sweet Earth curry tiger burrito
    D - big ol' salad, apple
  • magic71755
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Keeping fingers crossed that things settle down for you, @Mihani.

At Costco today, picked up Bitchin Sauce...there is only one big container there...and that's the one I got. OMG over baked potatoes.

Lunch tomorrow along with salad and Dr. M's soup.

Sleep well, everyone. Hoping your DH is home, @CoffeeandHumblePie.

One last thing...did I mention I am taking Elderberry gummies...got them from Sprouts but cheaper on Amazon. Garden of Life. Echinacea, Vitamin C and something else included. NOn gmo and vegan. Boosts immunity! At least I hope so.
  • magic71755
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Back to work today...ugh...the before yesterday, a great sleep! Last night, not so much. Go figure!

Taking:
    oatmeal
    salad
    baked potato and bitchin sauce
    soup Dr. M's cuppa soup
    pomegranate arils
    Teavana Peach tea

Have the salad premade certainly has helped me stay on track.

Have a delicious LAST DAY OF JANUARY 2020, my sweet friends!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Another big busy day. I am glad it's the weekend. I'm working from home tomorrow because I have a couple projects that I need peace and quiet to work on. Office Sunday.

I have trouble getting to sleep on Sunday nights before the work week starts, Magic. I googled it once and it really is a thing, to not sleep as well that night. Kind of weird for me since I usually end up in the office on weekends anyway! I sure hope the weekends working will come to an end soon. I wouldn't mind a weekend day or two a month, but I've been doing this for a long time working 6 or 7 days a week.

B - oats with the usual
    L - Dr. McD veggie soup (it was better this time not sure why)
    D - stir-fry bok choy, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, red peppers, brown rice

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Happy Friday, plant-based friends!

@Mihani , I hope you are having a quiet, sane day. That work on the house sounds like it will be big and exciting!

@magic71755 , big congratulations on the weight number moving in the direction you want! I hope you are having a pleasant day today! And WOW -- you are right -- end of January already!

Related note -- I am doing some vision work, thinking about what I want life to look like in January 2030, and stepping back, what I want it to look like in January 2021, a year from now.

@CoffeeandHumblePie - I am thinking of you and your husband, and hope he is recovering well.

I am working to catch up on things I am behind on. House has been straightened, and progress is happening on my office.

I am having a good PB day:
    B - green smoothie (mustard greens, cauliflower, blueberries, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric), side of goji berries and almond butter, a few slices of fresh mango
    L - spaghetti squash with cinnamon, turnip greens with diced green chiles and tomatoes, mushrooms steamed with carrots and parsnips, steamed acorn squash and diced apple
    S - apple slices, peanut butter, a few garlic cloves (I was roasting them!)
    D WILL BE: big salad with roasted beets and kale, side of steamed squash, , steamed acorn squash and diced apple
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hey @magic71755 -

I got an email with this handy printable 30 Day Health Challenge planner for February, and thought of you. It's from Dillon Holmes (WellYourWorld), so you may have already seen it! I think you turned me on to him.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0069/3757/5527/files/WYW_February_Challenge.pdf
  • magic71755
    Options
    Yup! That’s my guy, @AustinRuadhain !

Love the group! I am making up my February habits that need changing now!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Checking in to say hello...for some reason my left knee is doing something it never did before...started yesterday. Totally swollen on the top left of the knee. I slept with ice bag. Better today...but I am now just wishing for its normal pain in the joint. Sheesh. Could be a Baker's Cyst on the top instead of back of knee. Who knows!

Easy day...

oatmeal
    salad
    soup
    HOME early today...dealership is closing two hours early because of Super Bowl. Yes! More time to ice and get better.

NO SB party for me. Hanging with Lulu.

Hoping everyone is doing ok. We are sure hoping your DH is home with you Humble Pie.

Hugs to everyone. Later, dollies.