WEIGHT NO MORE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Woke up at 4am and decided to finish my happy Bujo. Really thrilled how it turned out. My favorite section is the level 10 assessment. I did this 2 years ago and it was fascinating to see the difference. You pick 12 categories that are important to you. Then you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest. Then you look at each category and ask “what would my life look like if it were a 10? What steps can I do this year to move towards a 10?”
    I love this exercise. I went from a .5 to a 6 in both health and exercise categories. Yes those were 1/2 points in 2017. Just about every category increased. Except sadly, romance went down. When I first did this Molly and I did not have the responsibilities of taking care of the old folks. And since then I have taken a management position. And I spent 2019 focused on my weight loss journey. Yes my relationship has changed. I love my wife more than ever. I already had intended to put more energy into our marriage. But this really was a wake up call. We are getting out the calendars and finding ways to carve out times for us. My other low category was “fun”. Then I realized that Molly is the one I like to have fun with. Makes sense.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    ckjjn2qiqybw.jpeg
    0glmnrx737ql.jpeg
    When I first started working on my health tasks I had 8 ailments. This year it is down to 2.
  • lburch
    lburch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I will move my weigh in day to Saturday 😊
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I agree with you about acknowledging each success! Fun picture.
    @tryingagain5 good luck with your procedure. Colonoscopies and their prep are no fun! You will be on the other side of it soon.
    @brown 6267 great job getting over 10k steps!!! Congratulations on your huge step count!
    @amsandos your body might still be healing after your recent sickness. It took me about 3 weeks to recover. Try to rest as much as you can.
    @cafelelia wow that’s a lot of steps! I’m so glad you have a fun trip to look forward to. Especially a sunny trip when it’s snowing.
    @dillyg08 that can be disappointing but it’s also nice not to gain. Next week might be a double loss? And in onderland!!!
    @txmama63 I love your doggie profile picture.
    @ljdanny sorry you hurt your hip. Sounds like a good day to rest hope you feel better.
    @nstephenson01 whopper weeks can sure be challenging. Keep breathing. Life has a way of cycling. You will be back on top soon. Hang in there.
    @cassiegetsfit2013 good luck.
    @twyla77 WTG girl! Congratulations on first place!!! Enjoy your trip!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in

Food - logged and on target
    Exercise - 6160 steps
    Water - 1.5 l

Winter has finally arrived and it is so cold today. We have a labour dispute going on in the education sector with 1 day school strikes in different regions every week. There is a strike tomorrow at my kids’ schools, so this will throw my schedule off. I plan to have them to homework & chores in the morning, and if that gets done, I will take them to the movies in the afternoon.

@twyla77 - Enjoy your work retreat and maybe bring some workout clothes if there is time for the gym?

@mrsbell8well - That is quite the command central for planning! Hope that you got it all done yesterday!

@sleepymom5 - I love that quote, thank you for posting it!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I hope that you can get your sleep and BP issues sorted very soon with your doctor. Just take things one day at a time and remember to be persistant in getting your medical care, and ask your family and friends for help when you need it. I hope that you have a much better month in February. In case I forget next week, Happy Birthday in advance!

@nstephenson01 - So sorry that you has a crazy week last week, and hope it settles down this week!

@tryingagain5 - I hope that you get through the procedure today quickly and easily. I will continue to praying for you!

@ljdanny - Hope that your hip feels better today. Binge watching anything on a Sunday sounds like a perfect day!

@txmama63 & @dillyg08 - Good maintaining!

@amsandos - Good idea to look at iron and any other supplementation that you need, particularly if the fatigue persists. You are doing a lot! Btw, what is turbo?

@brown6267 - You are a stepping Queen! Great steps yesterday!

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    u0axdph1au6b.jpeg
    Hope that everyone has a great week!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Food - logged and over
    Exercise -30 min bike, Pt, stretching and strength
    Water - at least 80 oz

Not too bad yesterday. Over ate a little at lunch and had chocolate at night. I have to run, today I am meeting friends at 11 to go see Little Women and then going to lunch. I am going to bring a water for in the theater and maybe a protein bar just in case. I am hoping I can just hold off to lunch. Being hungry isn't going to kill me. I just want something just in case. I will check back in later. Have a great day everyone.

@Cafelelia I don't know why I am all the sudden missing posts. I missed yours yesterday too. How awesome to be packing for warm weather during a snow storm Lol! We went to St Maarten for our honeymoon. It is beautiful there. Enjoy! The thought of being away Saturday will get you through the week! Sorry to hear of the strike, I hope it gets resolved soon. I am sure the boys don't mind another long weekend lol!
    @Mrsbell8well Looking good! What a pretty room to get your planner organized! I love the idea of a level 10 life! What an awesome planner! I know how you tackle every thing that is thrown at you. You will get those romance and fun numbers up. Those will be fun ones to work on ;)
    @CassieGetsFit2013 That's not a bad weigh in considering what you have been through. You have so much going on. I hope you can get it all sorted out and get back into your normal routine soon. Hugs!
    @nstephenson01 Do you know who will be playing in the Super Bowl this year? JK-I know you are probably already celebrating! Congrats! It will be so much fun to watch! New week, put last week behind you and take one day at a time. You got this! xo
    @tryingagain5 Good luck today. Hugs!
    @ljdanny I binge watched Chicago PD Saturday Lol! It was such a lazy day. Hope your hip feels better soon. Has that happened before? Is there anything you can do for it?
    @txmama63 That is not a bad weigh in, basically a maintain. Good luck this week! xo
    @dillyg08 Maintaining isn't bad. Check in when you have a chance and let us know how things are going.
    @brown6267 Congrats on being in 1st place last week!! Looks like you are off to a great start for next week.
    @amsandos Sounds like a good weekend overall. I think you are still a little run down after being sick. Hang in there! Let's have a great week!!
    @lburch I will have your weigh in day changed to Saturday. Since you weighed in for this week already, it will start next week.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    sdkunw0o2rfu.jpeg
  • rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well – Would you please be able to tell me where I can learn about this Dr. G’s diet plan? I'm eager to find gut healing solutions for Vegans – everything I see is bone broth based or meat, which only made me feel like death… Does he have books on this diet? Which do you recommend? I’m really happy you are seeing great benefits & I am so inspired by your success! I think he’s onto something with healthy oils. Worth a go anyhow! Wondering also if his diet is lectin free, how do vegans get ‘complete’ protein?

Also, if you still get the queasy feelings with the increased fats – a Naturopath had me take ‘Bioceuticals Multigest Enzymes’ capsules for the same reason, as I needed to increase my healthy fats but got nauseous.

I constantly tweak my lifestyle/diet & still got to recover heaps more, but so happy the last 6 months, after 10 years being serious ill & finally seeing great results – just never give up! Wish I could transplant all the treasures you have learnt on your journey too, it's obviously doing wonders that even Molly can see! Awesome! :)

Nice quote “…turning your dreams into plans” & you definitely keep making it happen!
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    JillyBT
    Week 3
    Previous weight: 161
    Current weight: 160

Getting back below 160.... so close. This last year getting into the 150-160 range was the highest I have ever been except when I was pregnant 20 years ago. Excited to get back down! Sad weekend as we sent our son back to college. Miss him terribly, however I think my husband might be even more upset. Trying to come up with some fun things to do. However like @Mrsbell8well mentioned above... taking care of the old folks can take up a lot of our time.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday team. I keep joining these Apple Watch challenges with members of MFP and for the first time my team is in first place so it’s a real motivator to keep moving! The December challenge I was in we ended up in 16 out of 22 teams so that wasn’t a big motivation.but now we have been in 1st out of 6 teams pretty consistently throughout the month. Hey whatever works- right?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @rosieposiesrl send me a friend request. I will tell you more.
    cxxm6itjmln7.jpeg
    Going vegan and doing yoga helped cure me of carpal tunnel, migraine type headaches, arthritis and chronic lower back pain and Gerd.
    I still get some heart flutters and BM/gut issues that have led me to try this. I came across this doctor on Facebook. I watched his stuff for about a month then finally ordered the book. I thought he was a bit of a quack but he promised regular BM, and healing of Gerd among lots of other things. I was feeling pretty discouraged so thought why not. I’ve done lots of crazy things. After 1 week I am completely intrigued. Let’s see what week 2 does.
  • sleepymom5
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @RosiePosieRnR You are asking the right person . I think @Mrsbell8well could write a book about all that she has learned.
    @JillyBT Nice loss! The 150s are almost here!! You got this girl! I was ready for my daughter to go back to school lol! However she is local and I see her every Wednesday so I can totally understand how you feel. xoxo
    @lennoncpa Absolutely whatever works! I can see where you would get motivated with those competitions.
    @Mrsbell8well Yes a picture is worth a thousand words! Maybe you could write a little blog with your story. In your spare time lol ;)
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    a2jcpeol4lvn.jpeg
    Monday's Weigh In
    @jedaschultz
    Tuesday's Weigh In
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5
    @Freeglerock
    @amsandos
    Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @ljdanny
    @nstephenson01
  • rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well - Thanks Heaps! The photo’s you could be completely different people, & even your skin tone looks more vibrant! Thanks for sharing your amazing journey, it's awesome proof when you can see & feel the difference so clearly. I'm definitely giving this book a whirl!
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    JillyBT
    Daily check in
    Monday Jan 20
    Tracked food
    Under calories
    42 Oz water
    9,892 Steps
    HIIT class at gym
  • brown6267