01/23 steps 13704
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 3
    PW - 150.1
    CW - 149.1

I am hopefully now emerging from the post-holiday plateau. Ok, lots to do today to get ready for travelling tomorrow. We have to be at the airport tomorrow around 4:30 am (yikes). But that early start means that we can be on the beach in the afternoon! I hope to at least maintain on vacation. We have rented a beach house with a full kitchen so we will eat breakfasts and lunches at home or packed for the beach. Suppers will be out mostly, but I have started planning with the menus that I know about. My big wild card is wine. I am not a big drinker, so any extra alcohol can cause weight gain if I am not careful. Wish me luck!

@brown6267 - Amazing steps once again!
    @Mrsbell8well - Hope you get a rest from this busy period soon!
    @jmilner89 - Great loss! Those bushwalking sound amazing! And, you are doing it with your toddler on your back, which is incredible!
    @Fi45 - We had your last week’s weight at 205, so you actually lost 1.5 lbs! The sweets cravings may pass, just try some of the methods we posted!
    @sleepymom5 - I loved the Obesity Code and glad that you enjoyed it. I am going to read it again on vacation. I love all of the science backed literature on IF, weight, exercise, certain diseases etc. I really think that the medical community is just starting to scratch the surface on research in this area. Dr. Rhonda Patrick’s podcasts & her website are also really great. She interviews pretty much every doctor publishing research on these topics. It can get quite technical but I can follow a lot of it.
    @hope002 - Doing fantastic! Keep it going!
    @JillyBT - Great day! Going over calories here and there is no big deal. Keep that momentum going!
    @rosieposiesrl - Hey, a loss is a loss! Hope that you made something delicious with those berries that you picked!
    @lennoncpa - Sometimes it takes feeling crappy to help us stop the unhealthy eating. It is great that you noticed that feeling and then changed your eating accordingly. Maybe the stress of tax season is causing some of that unhealthy eating?
    @nstephenson01 - A 1 lbs gain is not terrible. You never need to apologize for any gain. It happens to all of us and the weight loss journey is not linear for most of us. Measurements are a great idea so that you have another metric. Clothing is a another measure too.
    @amsandos - You are doing fantastic! Keep those trousers and dresses out and try them on regularly to give yourself that motivation. Work treats are the absolute worst for temptation. Just close your eyes and walk past it all! Also think about that bag of coal that you have to run with in the spring. It will be so much easier carrying it if you have a few less pounds and have built strength from training!
    @jedaschultz - That’s not much of a gain, more like a maintain!
    @ljdanny - Great loss!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 189.6
    CW 185.6
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    I will check in later-I have to run! Happy Friday!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Friday weigh in
    Week 3
    pw 161.8
    cw 160.4

Disappointed because the other day I was below 160!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    PT was good yesterday. Several issues were addressed - I limp due to a short leg which probably affects the back, the mid back is where my pain is located - not normal low back pain, slight dizziness may be due to inner ear - or not.
    She gave me four exercises to try and wants me to come in once a week. No appts available next week!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    KUMEcyclingteam
    Friday weigh in
    Week 3
    pw 233.0
    cw 231.4

Been kinda rough this week, I had fasted from 1:00 am Tuesday until 9:am Wednesday With a "Prep" for an age related screening. So much fun getting old! lol Have a great week Team!

Ha, Ha! 😉I just had an age related screening this week too.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    sleepymom5
    I do try to make use of all the resources I have available. I've lived alone my whole adult life and am not much of a cook. A long time ago I used to make things on my George Forman grill, in the crockpot, or oven and portioned them out. I guess I was meal prepping and didn't know it. I need to get back to doing that.

The mason jar salads are pretty big but It would depend on what you put in it. I usually ate something else too but you could make a meal out of just the salad. You could eat it right out of the jar if you want to. I emptied it into a bowl. Since the lettuce or spinach is on top, other things in the middle and dressing on the bottom once you empty it out it will be in the right order.

The larger jar is used for the salad and the smaller one for the overnight oats. They're empty now but my fridge is full and the plan is to do some meal prep tomorrow.

At the make and take workshop we used skim milk for the overnight oats and it worked fine. I didn't care for them cold so I warmed them up, about 45 seconds or so in the microwave. I put them in a bowl first.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    c346toufzbpi.jpg
    @sleepymom5
    Here's the pic of the jars that were used. Larger for the salad, smaller one for the overnight oats
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Thursday 1/23 check in
    Food: didn't track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session with my trainer. It was hard but in a different way than Wednesday's session. It was more strength training and Wednesday was more cardio/conditioning

I was asked if I wanted to come in early or stay late for overtime. Since Thursday is my volunteer night, I opted to stay late. When we do that we get to take a quick 10 minute break first. After my break I went back in to find out where I was needed but was told they didn't have a spot for me. Apparently several machines were down so that didn't help. My OT ended up being 12 minutes, 10 minutes for break and 2 minutes to walk in and walk back out. I was tired so I was ok with going home. After my session with my trainer, I went to the church where I volunteer. The kids there are really adorable. There are several new families in the program. The little kids will play a while and then they'll come with their arms in the air telling us they want to be picked up. We only hold them for a couple minutes and then they want to go play again. After that I went to work.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Friday 1/24 check in
    Food: didn't track/not good
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: none

It was 3rd shift's weekend to work but they decided that we didn't need to work tonight but that it will be mandatory to go in at 8:30 on Sunday instead of our normal 10:30 starting time. I was asked if I wanted to stay late today but had to say no. I had a funeral to go to this morning. The sister of my family's friend passed away this week. She was 83. I was able to sleep about an hour and a half before getting ready for that. After the service and luncheon I went to the store and stocked up on groceries.

I made one crockpot meal so far and plan on making another tomorrow. I also plan on making some Mason jar salads and overnight oats.

I plan on going to bed early since I've only slept that an hour and a half since 2:30 yesterday. Definitely low on sleep.

The weather has been strange in West Michigan today. Temp around 40 with pouring rain.
  • hope002
    edited January 2020
    Options
    xz4hh4jz9e2j.png

• hope002
    Options
    Above is the difference in losing weight with IF vs Calorie restriction.
    the activity level is the same, I would even say I was a little more active in 2017

This discussion has been closed.