Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 1/21 check in
    Food: good until dinner...
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk, PT and stretching
    Good productive day yesterday. I did well until dinner. I ordered healthy but over ate and over drank. We did have fun and the game was awesome. They even won! I think we usually lose to the Penguins. Oh well... Back at it today. Have to run. I have an early PT session, I have to walk my son's dog and then I have to take MK to her appointments. Hope everyone has a great day and I will catch up later.

@timibotkin I am glad that you are down to your last 2 treatments! It has been a long haul for you. I also like that you are going to get PT and see a trainer. Sounds like you have a good doctor. I am glad you are doing so well with your eating and exercise. You could be making so many excuses but you keep moving forward! Great job!!
    @kirsten11872 I am glad you had a nice weekend but sorry to hear you were sick. Hopefully you are feeling better now. Sounds like you have a good plan to get back on track. Let's do this!
    @tryingagain5 Hopefully you are feeling a little more back to normal by today. I can see your concern with being off the aspirin after having 2 strokes so young. I am sure they will figure it out soon. Your crock pot meal looks yummy! Good idea to portion it out for several meals.
    @JillyBT Another awesome day!
    @amsandos Nice loss! Your hard work is paying off!
    @Freeglerock I can't even imagine what you are going through. Hang in there. Maybe it will help to make a little list of what you need to do. I find when I am overwhelmed it really helps to write everything down and tackle things one at a time. I also am glad you are still trying to take care of yourself. That is important with all that is going on. Hugs!
    @brown6267 Amazing!
    @Cafelelia Glad you are feeling better today. Take it easy if you can.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @freeglerock - I am so sorry about your step sister. This is just terrible with everything else that you are going through. Take care and we are here for you any time. Sending you many, many hugs
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @Freeglerock - Hang in there, a year a go I felt like my life was being shattered into a million pieces, someone gave me a piece of advise to look for one thing each day that I could have gratitude for. Like a phone call from my son in college or the sun beating on my face or the piece of fruit I was able to eat was healthy, just one thing even if it was silly or small. It was not easy on some days but it did help me get through some bad moments. I am sorry for your loss and stress of another possible loss. The pain doesn't go away but we can try to find ways to manage it. I am new to the this group but from what I have been reading these past three weeks is that this group is here to help support one another. So just imagine us holding you up!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @Freeglerock I am so sorry about the loss of your brother! My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family!
    So sorry your step sister is not doing well!
    I can't imagine how you are feeling!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Hope those of you who are not doing well, start to feel better soon!

I am feeling much better! Yesterday was a success! I finally got back to the gym, did an hour on the elliptical & my food was on point.

Everything is going well today. I will do my workout when I get home & eat a light dinner. I am really trying to stay focused and think of where I will be a month from now if I keep sticking to my plan. If all goes well, I should be down about 15 pounds by the end of February, which would be great! I will be able to fit into a lot of my clothes that are too tight if I can lose about 15 pounds. I will be very happy to be back in the 160's!

@sleepymom5 @Cafelelia thanks! I am feeling much better! I was able to enjoy my birthday despite not feeling great.

Have a wonderful day & evening! :smile:
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Week: 3
    PW: 187.6
    CW: 189.6
    +2
    My own fault. I wasn't tracking because of the colonscopy prep and then after I didn't track either, so I know what I did. Need to get back to tracking. (On Monday after the prep and before the colonscopy I was down to 185.6, obviously not a true weight but it was nice to see a lower weight). I also hadn't done any of my normal workouts since last week.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Wednesday 1/22 check in
    Food: didn't track but not bad
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute intense session with my trainer, 30 minute walk with the community walking group

I stayed for 2 hours OT today, which means I got to bed later than normal. I still got up at my normal time since I had an appointment with my trainer at the gym. My workout seemed extra hard today, not sure if if he made it harder or I was just having trouble since I didn't do much exercise since Thursday, maybe a little of both. After the gym I went to my walking group. The dietitian there is the one who is leading the make and take workshops.
    She gave me some more ideas on crockpot meals that I would like to try. After that I had time to go home, have supper and get in an hour nap before work.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well
    Thanks, I'm glad the procedures went well too.
    Great transformation! I seriously thought the pictures were of 2 different people.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @cafelelia

I hadn't shared my medical history before so you didn't miss any posts on it. I may add it to the introductions at the beginning of the months.

Thank you, I hope the doctor can figure it out too. I'm just going to do what he suggests and go from there. The meal was really good. I had the second one today.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5

Feeling fine after the procedures. I didn't have any issues with anything so that's good. I think it's because of the strokes that I start questioning anything related to my health.
    I'm glad I portioned out the meals. Had the second one today. It was very good.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Food - logged & IF
    Exercise - 1 hour with trainer
    Water - 1.8 l

I was feeling better yesterday and well enough to work out, which helped. I have been back to more regular IF this week to help me through what feels like a winter stall. Less that 2 days to vacation, and I am so looking forward to it. I have a general plan regarding my diet and exercise. Glasses of wine when out will be my biggest challenge. I am bringing my planner and will do more specific daily planning when I am there.

@tryingagain5 - Great that you got in your work out and walking in spite of overtime! Way to go!

@kirsten11872 - Happy that you are feeling better and back on track! Great to focus on your goal and clothes are such a good indicator (as well as a potential NSV)!

@sleepymom5 - It was a busy day yesterday, but I think that you got your workout in (you are my applewatch buddy)? Way to go!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    01/22 steps 14051
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Wednesday 1/22 check in
    Food: logged and on track but overate dinner.
    Water: over 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk, Pt, strength and stretching
    Steps:over 7,000 (good for me)

Overall a good day. I am really trying to focus on my hunger scale and not overeating. Although I was within my calories, I overate my sushi dinner. it doesn't seem bad but I was stuffed! I should have stopped 1/2 way through but I didn't want to. I need to stop giving in to myself. Right now, over eating and not listening to myself are what I am working on. New day and I plan to kick butt. I have no where to be today. My daughter needed my car as hers is in the shop. I plan to get my Christmas things organized and put away. I took the decorations down last week but I have so many boxes and a lot of things I don't use so I want to go through everything and just keep what I use. I am going to make dinner tonight. No big deal for most of you but I struggle with cooking. I have Shannon on board finally with getting back into a routine with eating healthier and making healthy dinners. Hope everyone is having a great week. I am not having the best January weight wise but I am determined not to give up.

Question-Does anyone know how far in advance you can make the overnight oatmeal? Can I make a few days of them or do they get funny?

@Freeglerock I wish I could give you a hug! I am sending one across the pond to you. I am so sorry to hear about your step sister. To lose two close relatives in such a short amount of time is heart breaking. Just take a deep breath and take one day, one step at a time. My heart is breaking for you. Please if you need anything, let us know. Sometimes just posting here may help. Please take care of yourself too. I like what @JillyBT suggested.
    @kirsten11872 Sounds like you have a good plan. I am shooting for 10 by the end of February. We got this!!
    @tryingagain5 I know I have said it before but I just love how you use so many resources that are available to you. The trainer, walking club, the dietician, the workshops...I am wondering if maybe I have things available to me that I don't even know are there. I am sure that weight will come right off. I know you weren't tracking but I bet some of that weight is just from being out of your routine and recovering from the procedure. I bet once you are back into your routine, you will be back where you were. I also wanted to ask you a question about the mason jar salads. I just can't picture how big it would be. Do you dump it on a plate? Is it enough for a meal or more like a side salad? I think I should start making them, it would make it a little easier to get my veggies in.
    @Cafelelia Omg! I am excited for your vacation and I am not even going! You need to post a beachy pic so we can get away from winter a little too Lol! I am liking the apple watch better now. I am taking the watch one day at a time too. Lol! Right now, I am more concerned about my steps then calories so when I go on the bike, I clip it to my shoe. Since no HR, then very low calories but for now that is ok for me. I am hoping one day my steps are high enough that I don't care about the ones that I get while biking. If I get a workout in, I need to have some steps too. I just figure for now, whatever keeps me motivated. I will adjust as I go.I am glad you are feeling better, now all of you have gotten it out of your system and can enjoy your well deserved vacation! xo
    @brown6267 You are awesome!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    steps

1/21-7,456
    1/22- 10,240
  • ljdanny
    Options
    ljdanny
    thurs
    week 3
    pw 190
    cw 188.8
  • ljdanny
    Options
    nice to see a little loss this week, especially with no exercise. my hip is starting to feel a little better, so hopefully i can start back this weekend. i want to start putting money back in my envelope. i have been trying to eat healthy and measure out my portions, i do have to get back to logging my food.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @sleepymom5 - Overnight oats can last for days depending upon the ingredients that you use. I find that if you avoid dairy when making them, they can last up to 5 or 6 days. When I am having overnight oats, I make them on Sunday and make 5 or 6 days’ worth. I use the Skinnytast recipe at the link and sometimes change the type of berry (I use frozen berries). I use almond or cashew milk. You can add the pecans (or any nuts that you want) when you make or just before eating. The nuts will soften if you add when you make the oats, so if you like crunchy nuts, add them just before eating. I use small mason jars or small glass containers to make the portion for each day. It takes about 20 mintiest to prepare and you have breakfast for a week! For weeks when I am working out more, I increase the the portion of her recipe (using more oats, more nut milk), so they larger breakfast sustains me longer. You can eat them hot or cold. To heat, just put the oats in a bowl and warm in the microwave. I add a bit more nut milk when I do that so they don’t dry out. When I am really on the run, I eat them cold and they taste great! Here is the recipe: https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-overnight-oats-in-jar/
This discussion has been closed.