The 2020 Move It Monday Challenge!

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
edited January 2020 in Social Groups
d9eeaoxw3gwo.png

It's back and a real favorite around here....our weekly Move It Monday challenge.

Each week, we'll be participating in the Move It Monday campaign by kicking off the week with exercise. What exercise or activity you do is entirely up to you. You'll see our Monday participants enjoy a range of activities. After you've completed your Monday workout, please post here what you did and how it went for you. We can all use a round of encouragement.

Why the focus on Monday? Well, Monday is kind of a mini New Year's Day. It's a fresh start and an anything-is-possible opportunity to get back on track after what is, for many of us, an all too sedentary weekend. Plus, unlike the actual New Year's Day, we get 52 of these potent little gems sprinkled throughout the year! How great is that???

According to the Move It Monday organization, research backs up the clean-slate reputation of Mondays. It's a great catalyst for exercise and other healthy habits:

619u77g2lhw6.png

Please join us every Monday for our Move It Monday challenge! And if you want to tap into the full potential of Mondays, sign up for the Move It Monday newsletter!

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    A morning walk on my treadmill coupled with my mini elliptical
    was my #MoveItMonday activity for the day. I am loving how the mini elliptical makes me feel. Less stiff and achey from all the work time sitting I do. I’m averaging about 45 minutes to an hour of “cycling” over the day.

Happy Monday!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    was my #MoveItMonday activity for the day. I am loving how the mini elliptical makes me feel. Less stiff and achey from all the work time sitting I do. I’m averaging about 45 minutes to an hour of “cycling” over the day.

Happy Monday!

You may have already mentioned this, but I'm wondering if it is loud? Is your work desk in an office with other people? I think this would be a great way to get some movement in while sitting so much every day during the week, but I share an office. :blush:
  • leanna_aroha
    leanna_aroha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I may be a bit ahead of everyone (timezones), but for my move it Monday I am going to get out this evening and take the dog for a walk :) It may seem like a small thing, but it was a struggle yesterday.
  • leanna_aroha
    leanna_aroha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hpjxhrrliji1.jpg

My #MoveItMonday activity today has been to use my new under desk elliptical to cycle now while taking a lunch break. Also used it in the morning during my email check-ins. Dang do I love this thing! Have used it for almost an hour and pedaled 1.2 miles.

The trick for me will be to not overuse it. More is not better.

Have a great Monday!

That is a good idea, I use my stepper between study slots. It has been great. I don't know about the elliptical @PackerFanInGB , but my stepper is pretty loud and I can't use it while it's under the desk. I have to be standing. Maybe I should look into an elliptical as well that I can use while studying :smile:
  • themedalist
    Options

Happy Monday!

You may have already mentioned this, but I'm wondering if it is loud? Is your work desk in an office with other people? I think this would be a great way to get some movement in while sitting so much every day during the week, but I share an office. :blush:

Great question @PackerFanInGB! It makes a whoshing sound as I cycle so yes, there is some noise. It’s quiet enough that my office mates don’t hear it at all (The nearest one is about 25 feet away) but I’m not sure it would work if someone was in the cubicle next door.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I may be a bit ahead of everyone (timezones), but for my move it Monday I am going to get out this evening and take the dog for a walk :) It may seem like a small thing, but it was a struggle yesterday.

Great plan, @leanna_aroha!

My #MoveItMonday activity was a 20 minute HIIT session on my treadmill. Felt great!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,757 Member
    Options
    I got in a 30 walk and a 30 yoga routine on Monday.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Just as I got to Curves today, I got a call that we needed to sign a contract, so I had to boot it right out the door without working out.

However, after that was dealt with I got a brisk 30+minute walk and a 30 minute kickboxing video. Yoga tonight after dinner.
  • themedalist
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Just as I got to Curves today, I got a call that we needed to sign a contract, so I had to boot it right out the door without working out.

However, after that was dealt with I got a brisk 30+minute walk and a 30 minute kickboxing video. Yoga tonight after dinner.

Wow, @77tes! You really did Move it this Monday!
  • themedalist
    Options
    A 30 minute walk today in 3 shorter walks and 1 hour on my work elliptical throughout the day. I am finding that 50 to 75 minutes on the elliptical is the sweet spot. I did 1.5 hours last week and I hurt the next day. Moderation!
  • 77tes
    Options
    I met my sister for our usual Curves routine and did yoga this evening.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Did my Monday morning routine at Curves. Then I did a little jogging on my rebounder before my yoga. Good beginning to the week.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

2 mile walk
    2 mile bike ride.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Hi @prgirl39mfp ! Great to see you again! Great start to your week!👌

I did my Monday workout with my sister for the first time for weeks. She’s been traveling and then got sick. It was great to take a hilly walk in the howling wind and do our Curves workout. Then I took a long walk with my husband this afternoon.

• prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @77tes glad to be back and to see you again. Glad your sister is better and you did your workout with her
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Walked 3.13 miles today.
  • 77tes
    Options
    I did my Monday workout at Curves with my sister, got in a mile walk, and did yoga in the evening.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp and @77tes Good job as usual! You are the example I need to folow for being consistent. My grandson and I did a little "Just Dance" on the Wii, a little biking and rebounding, not all on Monday though.