The 2020 Move It Monday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,754 Member
    Options
    Bravo 👏 @balhoff on that walk.

I did my new usual Monday Workout - Walk with Pups and hubby, strength workout with daughters, and yoga by myself.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Bike ride this week. 26 minutes
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,754 Member
    Options
    Good going @prgirl39mfp ! I did my new usual Monday workout.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    Good job to all of the movers out there!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thanks @77tes

Yesterday I walked 3 miles and biked 6 miles
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    3.45mile walk
    3.72 bike ride
  • balhoff
    balhoff Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Completed the All American Virtual 5K Monday, July 13. I was able to knock off :49 seconds from my last 5K.
    kb53oe23esl3.jpeg
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Bravo @balhoff !! That’s fantastic!

30 minutes elliptical today.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    @balhoff Great job! You have inspired me to get off my rear end today and get out and walk! I've never done a 5k but sure would like to someday.

@prgirl39mfp 30 minutes on an elliptical is fantastic! Honestly, I tried one at the gym a few years back and could barely do 2 minutes. I was so embarrassed, I wanted to crawl underneath it and hide! Yay you!

Today, my Maddie girl and I are taking a 30 minute walk.

• prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Great walk @PackerFanInGB !!! Glad you were inspired and got it done.

I do not like the machine. It does feel like an abomination 🤣🤣 but it does take to get use to it. Just love how much I sweat and helps lose fat faster
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Added a 25 min walk.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Great walk @PackerFanInGB !!! Glad you were inspired and got it done.

I do not like the machine. It does feel like an abomination 🤣🤣 but it does take to get use to it. Just love how much I sweat and helps lose fat faster

Do you have this machine at home, or do you go to the gym to use it? I was told it would be a good one for me to use since my knees are so bad. But I am so embarrassed to get on something only for 2 minutes and have to get off, panting like a dog! lol Is there a trick to starting out?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I really need to find something I can do that won't hurt my knees that will help me get my heart and bones stronger. Doctors orders, actually! :)
  • nebslp
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp 30 minutes on the elliptical is great! I tried it once at a gym 7 years ago and struggled to get on it without killing myself. Then I tried to keep up with all the other people. What a joke! After a couple of minutes I realized that wasn't going to happen, but I had been on it long enough to make my legs turn into jello. I remember walking out of the gym holding on to the walls for support. I'm sure there may have been a few giggles in spite of me trying to look "cool" as I tried to stay upright (LOL) and get out the door. Good luck @PackerFanInGB I'm sure it gets easier if you keep trying...one minute at a time :)
  • nebslp
    Options
    @balhoff All this talk about 5K's sent me searching the web for a walking program. I found one that I downloaded to my iPad and am considering trying it. I have trouble with my feet if I do too much walking and my hip has been complaining a little lately. I'm sure losing weight will help with those issues.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @nebslp thank you and jello legs sounds about right. It is a tough machine and at first keeping coordination it weird but practice makes perfect. Like you it was super embarrassing. I do 30 minutes until my body gets use to it. It’s been a while and I feel my body is not that sore so the body remember 🤣. Keep us posted on the 5K programs. I’ve been intrigued.

@PackerFanInGB yes I do have it at home. It’s better specially for the summer months we can avoid some of the heat. Ask away friend, no problem. It is weird and coordination can be tricky but it is very low impact and you work both lower and upper body. Start slow, low incline, lower resistance and 10-20 minutes. Heck, 10 minutes every day for sure will make a difference. Keep us posted. Hope this helps.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    June 22: 2 miles Brisk Walk WATP Express, 30 minutes yard/ porch plants

June 29: 2 hours yard/ garden, 90 minutes household part of the garage: declutter/ organize

July 6: 3 hours yard/ garden

July 13: 2 hours yard/ garden

July 20: 2 hours walking portion of grocery shopping, 2 hours side yard

July 27: 3 hours extra cleaning indoors

🤠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @balhoff All this talk about 5K's sent me searching the web for a walking program. I found one that I downloaded to my iPad and am considering trying it. I have trouble with my feet if I do too much walking and my hip has been complaining a little lately. I'm sure losing weight will help with those issues.

well due to the way my knees have had injuries over the years the elliptical is deadly to me. Mostly because it puts a load on your knees thru out the entire range of motion vs walking or running.

I have found that my HIPS like when I wear something with a heel but my shins like when I wear flatter shoes. It's a fine line. I actually end up switching around to keep my hips and shins and knees happy. I also go thru running shoes quite quickly these days. It's not that I have really that many miles but the materials they use I believe hold up less and as soon as the padding gets just a little off my left shin starts complaining. I used to wear running shoes until the soles fell off. Not any more. They can look almost brand new but after 6 months even with a new insole they just won't work.

I guess what I am trying to say @nebslp is that try some different shoes to help your hips and feet.

reviving this thread because I think it's an awesome one and needs to keep going!

@texasgardnr what have you been doing so far in August?

• nebslp
    Options
    40 minutes of late summer flower garden cleanup. It’s finally🙄 starting to look good🙂
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    August 3: 30 minutes outdoors walking & 75 minutes yard/ garden

August 10: 2 hours yard/ garden

🤠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    August 17: 3 hours yard/ garden August has been blazing hot 😓this year. Hearing weather report rumors that we might be in the running for breaking some heat records, or coming in pretty pretty close to it, if this keeps up 😅.

🤠🌺