The 2020 Move It Monday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB and @balhoff and @prgirl39mfp 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻walking is the best exercise in so many ways. You’re all getting stronger and I’m sure your hearts thank you❤️

I did some heavy digging removing the black weed guard mat that was no longer working. It had a couple inches of decomposed mulch on it which was basically dirt with grass growing out of it. I pulled and dug to get under the roots and got a good start at removing that so I can replace it. It will take a week or more because it’s a very large area but it’s a start.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,816 Member
    Options
    I started June with an hour walk, a 30 minute strength workout, and 15 minutes of yoga.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Thank you @nebslp . I love walking!

Great job working in your yard. That’s a great workout.
  • balhoff
    balhoff Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp nice job getting a 5K plus
  • balhoff
    Options
    @77tes great workout cardio, strength and flexibility
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    May 4: 2+ hours working on the right side yard
    May 11: 2 hours back yard and garden, 30 minutes easy walk
    May 18: Several hours decluttering and emptying a section of the garage, 30 minutes easy walk
    May 25: Several hours in the garden and working on left side side "yard" today. (we made this area into a project this week of renewing that area! (I don't know what to call it as it is not a yard but mostly a walkway to the gate to the backyard, but we have a long area alongside the house that we planted sage, lantana and a bit of verbena years ago. My husband rebuilt the gate and spread the mulch after I cleaned out, and pruned/cut back the plants in that area) Looks really nice again.

June 1: 60 minutes porch and garden

@balhoff, walking 10 minutes at a time, over time, added up quickly to a great hour of walking and lots of steps also! Excellent!

@prgirl39mfp, nice long walk to start June off on the right foot 👟

@nebslp, that was certainly some heaving digging and hard work! Well done.

@77tes, you did a strong line up of exercises on Monday!

🤠🌺

• nebslp
    Options
    @texasgardnr I wish I could see your beautiful yard in person. You put so much time and effort into making it that way. I love lantana so I saved seeds last year and planted them but my sister said I planted them too early and none of them came up. So I'll just imagine yours:) I love verbena, too.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Today I am working at a grocery store for 3 1/2 hours stocking, cleaning and moving around. That will be the workout of the day.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp, I had a part time job doing just what you are doing at a convenience store a number of years ago, and loved it for the workout it gave me.

June 1: 60 minutes porch and garden

June 8: 1 1/2 hours working in the garage (air conditioner leak discovered 😵) . 1 hour yard tidy up

🤠🌺
  • 77tes
    Options
    I took an hour walk, did strength training, yoga and qigong. My new usual Monday workout.
  • nebslp
    Options
    Good job, ladies! I tore out a bit more of the black mat from my flowerbed but it was super hot and muggy with very little breeze so didn’t stay too long.
  • 77tes
    Options
    New usual Monday workout routine : one hour walk, 20 minutes strength workout, yoga to come this evening. :)
  • balhoff
    Options
    Monday June 15 I finished my Virtual 5K CrushCorona for the month. I improved by 22 minutes from the one in May.
    3wr7t7kuif17.jpeg
    2cahepw6oh38.jpeg
  • nebslp
    Options
    @balhoff I am so proud of you!! What an accomplishment!! You are making some real progress🙂
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    June 15: 2 miles Brisk Walk WATP Express, Flexibility Walk from Mix & Match Walk Blasters

🤠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @balhoff, Way to go for sure!! That is an awesome improvement and an amazing accomplishment! Thank you for sharing the pictures also! Participating in a Virtual 5K is a brilliant idea!

🤠🌺
  • balhoff
    Options
    @texasgardnr I feel the virtual 5Ks are the safest right now. They are also getting me out of the house and exercising. I selected at least one 5K each month in the summer to do. This way it forces me to exercise and prepare. Instead of sitting at home watching TV; a habit I have been trying to limit.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @balhoff , the virtual 5Ks are a terrific idea! Congrats on making such a big improvement to your time!

And well done @texasgardnr, for getting in your 2 miles. I’ll have to google WATP express!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @balhoff congratulations! Well done!
    @77tes fantastic walk! Good for you!
    @texasgardnr Way to go! Fantastic workout!

I did Yard work this Monday for 3 hrs. It was quite the burn!
  • balhoff
    Options
    Moving Monday - I walked 30 minutes in the neighborhood.