FEBRUARY 2020 Challenge

Options
12346»

Replies

• angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome @leanneellison1979 :) I know it's scary weighing yourself, but that's the first step to your process! Congrats on deciding to make a change :) We're all in this together!
  • kayho02
    kayho02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've just started keto about 2 weeks ago! 2nd time around
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @leanneellison1979 Welcome to the group and the Monthly Challenge. Just get on those scales and make the start, it will work and you will loose weight. Lots of support here and in the Keto Group generally also many ideas in the Diet Dr site so take a breath and stand on those scales!
    I'd say also measure once a month or so as well, as we loose cm/inches even when the scales may be saying we haven't lost that much. Also it probably took you a while to gain the weight so realistically it takes a while to loose it so don't be put off! You will loose weight!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @kayho02 welcome!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @angie55575 @birdski1 me tooooo! I'm a daily weigher and a middle of the night too if I get up to the loo! I know this is a little (a lot!) OCD but it's what works for me. I know that when I stop weighing myself that's when I gain weight as I can fool myself even when struggling to zip up my jeans that I've not gained that much!
    What I have to do though is to accept that weight loss isn't linear (oh that it were!) I go up and down like a yo-yo. The trick is looking back at a week or a month and seeing that there is a downward trend.
    I also measure every 6 weeks or so. I've taken to doing that in cm, they are so much more impressive and rewarding than inches!
    I think that's why I weigh in pounds (from my spelling I assume it's obvious I'm from the UK!) rather than stones and ounces or kg, pounds are easier to loose! :D
  • leanneellison1979
    leanneellison1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Well i took the plunge and got weighed and heres the damage.

17 st
    238 lb

Im also from the uk and prefer stones and pounds lol..
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Well i took the plunge and got weighed and heres the damage.

17 st
    238 lb

Im also from the uk and prefer stones and pounds lol..

Well done, and next time you will be less. It's onwards and downwards!
  • leanneellison1979
    leanneellison1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks. I have to weigh tomorrow for the spreadsheet but i know there wont be a change. Next week though i should see a loss.
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    SW: 312
    CW: 279
    GW: 155

February GW: 274 (booooo)

Sunday. 02/02 - 283
    Sunday. 02/09 - 281.2 (-1.8)
    Sunday. 02/16 - 280.6 (-0.6)
    Sunday. 02/23 - 283.4 (+2.8)
    Saturday 02/28 - 279.0 (-4.4)

Well I got rid of all that extra water weight from splurging during my bday. I didn't quite hit my goal but that's alright, I'm sure I'll get there by the end of March. I went ahead and weighed for the end of the month today since Friday is my normal weigh-in day. Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Friday. 01/31. 171
    Sunday. 02/02. 170.6 (-0.4)
    Sunday. 02/09. 171.8. (+1.2)
    Sunday. 02/16. 170. (-1.8)
    Sunday. 02/23. 169.4 (-0.6)
    Saturday 02/29. 169.4 (0.0)

My goal was to be under the 170s by the end of the month and I kind of made it but I'm doing that teetering on the edge thing so if I even breath in a carb I go over again!
    Happy Leap Year everyone!
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    W: 186
    CW: 172
    GW: 145

February GW: 165

Sunday. 02/02: 172
    Sunday. 02/09: 169
    Sunday. 02/16: 168
    Sunday. 02/23: 168
    Saturday 02/29: 165

Had a nice woosh this week! Yay!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I just got home from a two-week vacation yesterday. We enjoyed our vacation, but it is good to be home. I’ve been approximating my “real” weight gain on vacation by using friend’s scales. Unfortunately, my friend’s scale was too friendly!

I stepped on MY scale this morning and the “real” truth is, I’ve gained 7 pounds over my two-week vacation from MY scale and KETO. So, it is back to keto starting today. Perhaps my vacation from Keto will recharge my keto battery and I can begin a new run at weight loss. Hope to see you all here Sunday with some weight loss progress to report.

n9hHm8.png

• angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    WELP. I had a couple cheat days and BAM it showed yesterday!

2/02: 250
    2/08: 250
    2/16: 243
    2/23: 238
    2/29: 246 :(:(:(

Looking forward to shedding this water weight and hopefully seeing the 230's soon!
  • cmartinb77
    cmartinb77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    SW: 300
    CW: 281.3
    GW: 224

February GW: 271

Sunday. 02/02: 281.3
    Sunday. 02/09: 277.3
    Sunday. 02/16: 277.7
    Sunday. 02/23: 272.0
    Saturday 02/29: 271.1
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    I’m chipping away at the 7 pounds I gained on my 2-week vacation. I lost 2.2 pounds this week. It feels good to be adhering closer to keto. My joints feel better, my hair and skin is not as dry and my brain is working better. Of course, that could be because I’m walking less, Az is dryer than WA and I’m resting more at home than on the road?

However, I choose to believe my improved condition is because of keto-magic. Seriously, I <3 keto. Good things happen to me when I follow keto. I loved being on vacation, but it is great to be back home in my keto-friendly zone. I can see spring around the corner here in WA and softball season is weeks away! Things are starting to come alive here.

n9hHm8.png
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    I’m still working on losing those pounds I gained on vacation. I only lost 1.4-pounds this week, but at least I lost instead of continuing the bad trend I had started on vacation. I have been known to get into the, “I’ll Start Tomorrow Mode” after such breaks from keto.

This Corona Panic may prove to be a challenge? At 70-years young I’m in the at risk group. My exercise group, bowling, softball and volunteering activities may all be altered by this pandemic. I’m not trying to make excuse, but all of those things are part of my weight-loss strategy. No worries though. I’ll just try to stay out of harms way and do some needed work at home to replace activities interrupted Wuhan Flu.

n9hHm8.png
  • stormywxs288
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hello out there. I’m not sure what is going on. Am I blocked from this forum? I can’t see any responses, other than mine, since I last posted on 12 March. If anyone out there knows what is going on please let me know. I’ve been on this thread for a number of years now. I miss your weekly support, guidance and motivation. If I’ve done anything to be blocked I would like to know what I’ve done so I can correct it. I miss you guys.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 weird. Try this thread, which is the current March challenge thread. : https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10786700/march-2020-challenge#latest
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I'm closing this one so we don't get any accidental responses on it now that it's obsolete. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.