Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Saturday 2/1 check in
    Food: tracked but over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 20 minutes low intensity at home

I've been over on food but started tracking again so that's good.

I got a massage today, which was really nice. I try to go every few months. If I could I'd go every day but can't afford to do that.

My sister's birthday is next week but we celebrated tonight. There were only 5 of us but my sister made enough for more than that. She's a great cook. I ate too much at her house and I was hungry all day so I've pretty much been eating all day. A lot of it was healthy items but still too much food. Something I still need to work on.

Other than the massage and dinner at my sister's I didn't do much with my day.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 sounds like a lovely day. I love massages as well, but only seem to get one about once a year, though I may try to change that!

@Mrsbell8well That Sundae looks AMAZING!

@ljdanny hope your granddaughter is feeling better soon. Always such a worry when they are so young. xx
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 I like your saying "Right the ship", that is exactly what I need to do to. Need to get the balance going again - mind and body!

@rundgrenrocks I like your exercise/fitness goals. I really struggle on this front, but I really like your attitude to this and may well steal your idea :-)

@phoebe112476 your food looks great! I shall try to take some pics of my food (so long as it looks vaguely presentable!) To post here too. I also can't wait to start growing some bits - home grown always tastes great!

@starcrystal3 welcome, sounds like you are doing really well, and I like your goals for the month. May I ask, ate you already able to do 5k, or are you currently building yourself up to it?
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    Saturday 2/1 check in
    Food: tracked and on target
    Water: at least 64 oz
    Exercise: at least 30 min walking, PT, Stretching and Strength

Did not make the best choices at lunch as we shared snacks but I did just eat till I was satisfied. I did end up having 2 drinks that I wasn't planning to. Still overall a good day. It is also 10:40 pm and I haven't eaten since 4:15. I wanted to see how I would do. I really am not as hungry as I always think I will be. I wanted to have some cereal at about 8 because I didn't want to be starving later. I resisted the urge and am still not hungry. Don't get me wrong, I do want to eat Lol! But it isn't because I am hungry. It is partly because I am afraid I will be hungry later, partly because I am not really doing anything and partly out of habit. I am actually tired and am going to bed once I post this. I am happy I decided to hold out. I will be much happier in the morning.

I really look forward to reading these introductions each month! I always learn something new! Thanks for jumping right in and starting introductions! Keep them coming!

@Mrsbell8well You are an inspiration! You have come so far and you are constantly reading up and learning new healthy ways of eating. Hannah's dinner looks so yummy, especially dessert! You always have such delicious and healthy meals. I love the pic of Lula Mae and Hannah's dad. I like how she has her little paw on his leg! Lol!
    @pacsnc6 You have been such a supportive member of our team. I am so happy that you are with us.
    @tryingagain5 I am glad that you are here. You have given so much support and I have learned a lot from you. It seems like you have been here longer than Oct. I am not doing well with the fruit or veggies either. I will have a salad at a meal and think I am good. I need to make a plan to fit them in. I may have to set the bar lower and start at 4 total or 2 fruit and 2 veggies until I make that a routine...I am glad that you do post every day but I don't want it to become stressful for you. You do have a busy schedule. I find posting daily helps keep me focused. Do what works best for you. I don't want you to get stressed and then not be in the group. We love having you here :) Sounds like a nice birthday for your sister. Sometimes it is hard to not over eat at celebrations. I am working on that as well. I really think if we just eat when we are truly hungry and stop when satisfied, we would lose. We have been over eating for a long time so it is going to take time for us to make this new habit. We just have to keep working on it. I hope you enjoyed your massage and otherwise quiet day. You are usually so busy that it probably was a nice treat.
    @nstephenson01 45 Acres?!! I knew you had a lot of property but Wow! I am curious, did you hike like you do now at your heaviest? You really have made many life style changes and even though January wasn't the best (for either of us Lol!) I know you will get back into your routine and get the scale moving in the right direction. I also don't know how much you drink but try substituting herbal tea. Especially this time of year. When you really want wine, it may not help but when you want to relax and treat yourself a little, for some reason it helps me.
    @rundgrenrocks I can't even tell you how happy I am that you are here. I have learned so much from you. First of all that blog, I wish you would write more but I understand how time consuming that is and also putting it all out there. I also sang that onderland parady each time I got back into onderland Lol! I think it was at least 2 since you posted that. Then connecting with our kids, the ice coffee, and I discovered I always loved Tod Rundgren but didn't know it Lol! I think of you whenever a song of his comes on! I also like the way you described your exercise goals. I am doing sorta the same thing, forced by my PT. It is funny how I will actually do squats now because I need to build strength. It sounds like you joined here at the perfect time. Sometimes we need to do something a little different to get our heads back in the game. It is amazing how much we learn from each other. I really think you are going to like it here.
    @phoebe112476 I am really embarrassed to admit it but for shrimp tacos, you just cook the shrimp, put it on there like that and add the toppings? Why do I make these things harder than they have to be Lol! All your meals look delicious! I know that you are probably very in tune to your hunger with following phit and phat. Maybe you are really hungry and need to eat a little more. I was eating less at the shore, interestingly when I was gaining weight this summer, especially my wrap at lunch. I was down to 1/2 wrap, 1/2 baked lays and a yogurt. Then this fall, I realized I was hungry and I have been eating all of it. I still stop to be sure (most days ;) ) . I also have been losing since then. (Except January...) . I know it all comes down to more than one meal but just consider maybe you need to eat. Are you doing anything else that would make you need more fuel? Maybe the additional yoga? Or all that painting? Awesome loss in January and awesome NSV with getting into the "normal" BMI. I am excited that I have a few more pounds before I go from obese to just overweight, I am sure I will be even more excited to get where you are! You just have such productive months with every aspect of your life! I also have to say, how awesome that you have an attached apartment for your disabled daughter. I am sure she loves the independence while still being close.
    @starcrystal3 I am so glad you are here! If you have any questions feel free to ask. We will help. I love your February goals! Sounds like you have done well before so I know you will get those last 15 lbs off for good.
    @ljdanny I forgot the baby was due this month!! How exciting! Two little ones and I am still waiting...Lol! One of these days...I am sorry to hear your granddaughter is sick, especially when they are still so little. I am glad she is home with you and didn't have to be admitted. Just out of curiosity, you neck and hip...are they the same side? All my issues seem to be the same side of my body so I am taking an informal poll of people I know. Most are the same side. What I am going to do with my poll results, I don't know but I find that interesting. Let's make February the month we break out of our gaining and losing the same amount. We need to keep the scale moving downward.
    @Freeglerock No, February is not going to be an easy one for you. I think you are going to have to force yourself to make a plan. I was never a smoker but my husband was. The 3rd time quitting was the charm and he hasn't smoked for over 15 years. He did the patch but I think the last time he finally had his head together and really wanted to quit. Do you have a plan for when you have a craving or want to smoke. He went through a ton of toothpicks when he quit. I know he used to call a friend when he drove home from work as that was a time he smoked. I would imagine if you can think of situations when you would want to smoke and make a plan how to handle them. Maybe sugarless gum? I know people gain when the substitute food for the cigarettes. I also think you should make a plan for your health. Make a plan each day and make sure you get your exercise and plan your food. It really doesn't take long. It will be easier to do ahead of time instead of making decisions when you are tired or emotional. Most of all be kind to yourself. You are making a lot of changes, things wont go perfect. Don't beat yourself up, just dust yourself off and keep going. You have so much going on but you still need to take care of yourself. You can do anything you set your mind to. You probably didn't think you could get through the month you just had and here you are on the other side. You are stronger than you know. Hugs my friend!
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @Freeglerock - Thanks for the welcome! I'm building to the 5k!!! It's actually a little intimidating to me; furthest I've run (ever) is just over a mile. I'm following a training plan that uses interval training (similar to Couch to 5k) and the next two weeks really start ramping up. Wish me luck!! Another goal of mine has been to catch up with technology, so I just got my first fitness tracker watch this week (a Garmin).

Sounds like you've found a lot of support in this group - I'm looking forward to that. Through the ups and downs, it's nice to have people in your corner. To listen, to cheer, to relate.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm joining you for Feb - it's nice to be here :)

A little bit about me... my name is Kristy. I'm from New Zealand where I live right by the East Coast in Auckland, with the beach practically on my doorstep. I met my husband 20 years ago this year and we have four children, 16 (G), 14 (B) and 11 year old twins (G/B). My day job is pretty boring - I'm a Technical Writer, so I get to work with a lot of engineers and I also get to sit down at a desk a lot.

I've had weight problems since I was a child, and a pesky eating disorder that started when I was 10 or so. My weight has gone up and down... mostly up until back in late 2011 I was pretty desperate to avoid weight loss surgery (personal preference, after my mother had it.) I started out with Weight Watchers, at 149.2kg / 329 lbs, and after a while found MFP. By mid 2014 I was maintaining a 73kg/160lb loss, which I managed for 2 years. Then life happened. Suffice it to say I never really dealt with the eating disorder, and I didn't cope well with chronic pain and a whole lot of stress on top of it. One day in late 2018 I had a mini-epiphany and realised that I was essentially poisoning myself with sugar (my go-to binge food) and I truly couldn't stop eating it even though I hated the taste of it by that point. That prompted me to seek out professional help for my ED and learning how to eat "like a normal person" (hah!) before being allowed to lose weight again.

So here I am, life is calmer and I'm a whole lot heavier than I was 3.5 years ago. I don't like it, but we're all stories in the end. I still have issues with pain and suffer severe migraines, but I have no excuses. A few years back after losing all the weight that I did, I got qualified as a Personal Trainer and did some extra study in nutrition, so I have plenty of knowledge, not to mention a gym set up in my garage! Each little thing that I can do adds up, and I really miss the fit and healthy me that I was a few years back. I'd rather keep taking steps towards being healthier than give up and get nowhere.

Looking forward to getting to know you all... I've been reading through the January posts a bit and I'll try to join in for Feb. I have discovered that I can't post at all from my app (it's buggy as anything and support don't seem to care). So I'll try and log in from my laptop each evening :smile:
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Check in for Sunday 2/2

Food: Tracked and under calories
    Water: 3 litres or so.
    Exercise: Cycling (road), cycling (spin bike) - 45 mins total.
    Steps: 7500 ish

@Freeglerock I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I can't imagine the shock. Re quitting smoking, I've also had a few friends say that sugarless gum helped - they just needed something to do with their mouth. I also had a friend start doing short mindfulness exercises in the time she would normally go outside to smoke - it replaced her usual smoking routine. Instead it was "gum and mindfulness time."

@Mrsbell8well your food looks delicious! I eat a lot of vegetarian food, and sometimes vegan. I'm always happy to try new recipes too :smile:

@phoebe112476 Yum! Your food also looks divine!

@starcrystal3 Interval trainers are awesome to build up running distance. A few years back I couldn't run a minute straight. I was determined I was going to learn to run, so I used C25K, and built up to running an hour straight. It wasn't fast, but it was running lol. About 9km total. Once I had some endurance I'd run about 25 - 30 km per week as part of my workouts.

I'll try to write more tomorrow. It's after 11pm here and I've taken tomorrow off work because of the Superbowl (that's a Monday here, and not a "big" thing, but hubby and I love to watch American football) But it's also the first day back at school for my kids after our summer holidays - they've had 6 weeks off, and my twins are starting intermediate school, (effectively Middle School). So big day for them, particularly my son who has Aspergers. Could be an interesting day!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/01 steps 11026
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I was a little worried about going off track last night. As we all know it’s not just the calories, it’s breaking the mindset.
    I have 1 more week of this 30 day Lectin free plan. But I have decided to abandon his menus this week. My freezer is stocked with so many of the meals. Im taking a break from prepping and using up my stock. Molly decided yesterday that she wants to hit her normal BMI. At 3 pounds a month she will be there in 1 year. Good for her! She has 30 pounds to lose. I did 60 in 1 year so I know it can be done. She has had no interest in this current diet plan. I’m going to tweak mine to stay compliant but add a variety of foods that she will enjoy too. I miss eating together.
    I’m still dragging and not feeling like myself yet. Really eager to hear tomorrow’s test results.

Welcome newbies and oldie but goodies! You are in the right place.

Do you want to lose weight and improve your health? It can be done! One day at a time. Make your commitment. Set yourself up for success. And most importantly honor your commitment. Hit your goals. Does that sometimes mean sacrifice? Yes it does. But having done this and being on the other side it is soooooo worth it! Maintenance isn’t easy but it’s a whole lot more fun than “dieting”. The biggest relief is not having the pressure of those weight loss goals always weighing on my mind. I was stubborn and determined and made my achievable mini goals. If I took an average my weight loss was 1.25 pounds a week. I obviously lost a lot more in the beginning and much slower in the end but that was the yearly averaged.
    For me it helped knowing what I needed to achieve each month and tracking it with my star chart.
    Several of you have been on this journey with me from the beginning. I started out making all 50 of Eating Wells summer recipes in 3 months. Faithfully logging all in MFP for about 5 months. Switching to vegan. Exploring a “moon” diet. G-bombs and nutritarian, raw diet, dr. Mcgregor and the daily dozen. IF, and now Lectin free. They all worked! (Except the moon diet never did launch. Total costly disaster). I have been oil free, salt free, oil heavy, weird miracle noodles lol...but through it all a healthy body has been my number one objective. It’s not impossible to be healthy at a large weight but it does help to get that extra weight off. And the side perk is being so skinny. I don’t feel “normal”. I feel skinny and thin and absolutely loving every day of it! 142 5’4 puts me at the top of BMI normal range. I thought I was trying to get to the very elusive size 10. Never dreamed I would be a size 6-8. My clothes are all so dinky and cute. I just ordered a size small pair of pants. They fit beautifully!

I know many of you have been here in my shoes. Well come on back and let’s do this maintenance thing together.

Many have read the number one thing that switched my thinking early on was something @cyndiesstuff posted. “Persistence is trying and trying and trying to get to your goal. Tenacity is tweaking and adjusting and doing whatever you have to do to achieve that goal. I thought that was quite profound and on that day I chose tenacity”.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Saturday
    Food: Pre-logged, ate mostly on plan
    Water: 70 oz
    Exercise & Steps: JessicaSmithTV 30 minute strength training circuits; 6,286 steps

Pretty good day yesterday. Steps were a little low as I binge watched Murder She Baked movie series on Hallmark but I made sure to move each hour when my Fitbit nagged me to. Busy day today so keeping this short. Meal prepping this morning... Skinnytaste CrockPot Chicken and black bean taco meat, a pot of Southwestern Chicken soup and a batch of no-knead bread so I'll be set for the week. Bowflex workout is done but I need to get out and shovel snow before I settle in for the Super Bowl. Will catch up on posts later today or tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a great day!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I am not really a football fan but today is Superbowl Sunday. I am having a very small party. One of my son's friends is leaving for California on Tuesday to see if he can make it as an actor. I know that it is a long shot but I think it is awesome he is going to give it a try. We have seen him in a few plays and I think he is good. He's very handsome so maybe that will help lol! This little group always hung at our house, in fact, out of all my children's friends, we know this group the best. Once Danny moved out, we didn't see them quite as much so I was happy when Dan asked if they could watch the Superbowl here. Unfortunately, I need to run out and grab a few things which was poor planning on my part lol! The stores will be crazy today. Oh well....I will try to catch up with everyone later...Have a great day!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx You already know that I am happy you are here. I missed you. I learned so much from you and you are always so supportive and real. Looks like you are starting February out strong!! I can't believe the little ones are going off to middle school! Where does the time go?
    @brown6267 Another great day!!
    @Mrsbell8well Oldies but goodies Lol! Good idea to use the stock in your freezer, you did all that prep, might as well use it. I hope you use this "extra" time to rest. Sounds like you still need it. I know you are always on the go but you need to rest and recover. Hopefully good news with the test results tomorrow. Molly must be tall or carry her weight well, she doesn't look like she has 30 to lose. It will be nice for you to share your knowledge with her. She had a tough year with losing her Mom so maybe this is her year to dedicate to herself. She is starting off on her month of Molly so it is all good! I think Jim should have a month for me ;)
    You are a success story, I can't hear it enough. Maybe because I was there and watched it happen makes it more exciting for me. Lol! Love that quote from Cyndie. I miss her. I was actually thinking of looking back for that post with the ball in the sand and re posting.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    jx0r2gxi64dw.jpeg

Don't forget to answer today's questions...

DAY 1 - 02 02 2020 - the day of the Whistlepig, Woodchuck, Groundhog, Marmot
    Today's critter goes by many names, so there will be TWO questions!

In your weight loss and fitness journey,
    What do you do over and over and over that really helps?
    What do you do over and over and over that really gets in your way?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest

You can post here, post on the link or post on both! I am looking forward to seeing everyone's responses. I really have learned more on MFP from other members than I have with any "professional". I think I will be learning a lot with this challenge too.

My answers-

What helps-Getting on MFP daily to get focused, also my "baby steps", logging food, drinking at least 64 oz of water, hitting my steps and exercising.
    What gets in my way-giving in to myself . That toddler Pam is a pain in the butt!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Wahoooo!! Keep it GREEN Totals are in!! B)

ifxvdymwy0v0.png
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 991 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debbie. I'm 56, married 35 years and have two daughters. Our oldest is 30 and has special needs and lives with us. Our youngest is married and lives in the next state over. We live in Central Illinois and I stay home and am the caregiver for our daughter.

I do well with my exercise, I go to the gym with my husband every morning during the work week. I walk on M,W,F and do weight machines on T,Th. Sleeping is hard for me and I rarely get enough. I do great with writing down my food and do it faithfully every day with everything I eat, I just eat too much and too many snacks. I joined Weight Watchers Oct. 8 and have been very successful with it so far.

Here are my goals for the month:
    Stay within my calorie and point goal (Weight Watcher member)
    Plan out my meals and food
    Drink my water
    Exercise every day
    Lose 5 pounds
    Plan the work and work the plan.

DAY 1 - 02 02 2020 - the day of the Whistlepig, Woodchuck, Groundhog, Marmot
    Today's critter goes by many names, so there will be TWO questions!

In your weight loss and fitness journey,
    What do you do over and over and over that really helps?

Exercising each day and getting as many steps as possible and writing all my food down.

What do you do over and over and over that really gets in your way?

I am really bad about not sitting down and eating and I like to graze through the late
    morning and afternoon. Too many inappropriate snacks.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 215
    Current weight: 214

Let's make this a good February with more losses! I didn't really have a good January, so I'm hoping to have a better February! 😊 Got lots going on, some good, more bad...Trying to come up with more good things though! I saw a FB post where one if my friends asked what were some things you achieved in January and I didn't really know what to say...I mean, I thought of some things, but after reading everybody's comments, I just felt like my things weren't good enough so I didn't comment. Hopefully I can have more successful things getting done this month! Rooting for you all!
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m flipping between the Puppy Bowl and the Super Bowl pregame right now. I’m not into football at all but info like to watch the commercials and halftime show and the stories about the players. 😁

I’m just learning names so forgive me for the general posts for a little while. I am having fun reading all about you all!

It’s just hubby and me tonight so no fun party food. I like to make fussy food on Sunday so I made homemade ravioli today. I had some leftover chicken, squash, and broccoli so I blitzed that all with some cheese, garlic, etc for a pretty decent filling. Our big splurge is going to be a batch of homemade popcorn during the game!

Weekends can be tough for me depending on eating out decisions. Jan (my husband) wants to go out all the time now that the girls are at school. Nine times out of ten we end up at Chili’s because they have a 330 calorie meal there that I like (sirloin, avocado, asparagus), and that’s what we did yesterday. So diary-wise, I’m heading into Monday in good shape.

I do Step Bet and usually have three games going on at once, where I have to currently walk between 12 and 15 thousand steps six days of the week. Sunday is always my day off, but I had a colonoscopy this past Monday and had to use this week’s rest day then! So I will get up and walk/clean the kitchen during the football game and sit when the commercials come on—opposite of how I usually do it!

This discussion has been closed.