WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Phew I'm way behind on posts... So happy to see so much interaction!

Daily Check In: Sunday
    Food: Didn't track, grazed most of the day but stopped eating/drinking at halftime of the Super Bowl
    Water: Good
    Exercise & Steps: Bowflex Max Trainer intervals, shoveled snow for 30 minutes; 9,410 steps

Spent most of the morning cooking and was pretty tired before the game even started LOL. Didn't track, grazed throughout the day and am sure I was over on calories but I stopped eating at halftime. Bummed about my Niners but happy for Andy Reid and the Chiefs.

I am so sorry to hear about @mrsbell8well and am very worried about her.

@freeglerock I smoked for 25 years and quit in my early 40's. I didn't want to quit but it was a last ditch effort to conceive. I used Wellbutrin to quit. Its hard but sooooo worth it. I hated going through the process but don't regret quitting for a minute. Its so freeing to have that monkey off your back. You can do it!! I like the advice @sleepymom5 gave you!

Welcome@starcrystal3 and @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx

@sleepymom5 Yes, I still hiked at my heaviest weight but they were generally shorter. Thank you for the herbal tea suggestion. I will give it a try.

@rundgrenrocks Your raviolis sound delicious! I love raviolis (well, all pasta really) but they seem like so much work to make from scratch.

@gingerpwr Ha ha... love it!! I need to try doing my nails to keep me from eating!

@tryingagain5 Have you seen the movie Book Club? I thought it was pretty funny. I'm sure most book clubs are not anything like the movie.

@kirsten11872 I had all kinds of menopausal symptoms throughout January and it really derailed my weight loss.

Welcome back @Cafelelia I'm glad you had a nice vacation. Its so important to take that time away particularly in light of what your family has recently gone through.

@mrsbell8well sending healing energy and good vibes your way my friend! Take care of yourself and make time to heal.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @starcrystal3 I am just like you! I start snacking in the PM when I've depleted all my healthy options. You'd think I would learn to pack more stuff but nooooooo..

January wasn't as productive as I had hoped. I set my goal for a 3 lb loss and lost 1lb. Now on the bright side, if I lose 1lb a month, I'll have a 12lb loss for the year and that's not bad. BUT... I want a 15lb loss so I've got to get it in gear.

My biggest problem was not being motivated to exercise, but I keep looking at myself in the mirror and not liking what I see, so I'm pretty sure that staring at myself in my underwear is going to be the big motivator for February. Lol!
    One successful thing this month is that the Hubs and I significantly cut down our drinking. Not gonna lie, it was a problem for both of us near the end of last year.

Goals:
    1. Lose 3 lbs (and actually do it this time!)
    2. exercise 5 days a week
    3. Keep snacking and alcohol to a minimum
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    No, I haven't seen the movie Book Club. I'm in 2 separate ones and both are pretty laid back. The one is a faith based club so there is some learning there. One of my neighbors started this one and is made up of several neighbors and some others.

The other is made up of 7 or so people. It was started quite a few years ago and originally was made up of members from a previous church. Now, it still has some of those members plus others that have joined us. This one is really laid back.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Thanks for letting us know about @Mrsbell8well
    @Mrsbell8well hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery

Reading Still Alice in the one book club. I haven't gotten very far yet but it's about a 50 year old who is starting symptoms of forgetfulness and disorientation. I'm not up to the part where she gets a diagnosis but I think it's going to be early onset alzheimers. The other book is The book of forgiving. I wasn't able to go to the last two meetings and haven't even started it but I'm being told it's really good, especially if a person had issues with forgiveness.

You're right the daily posts do help keep us accountable. Especially when you say "I'm going to do such and such". It's like you don't want to let the others down by not doing what you said you were going to do.
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    User ID: JillBT
    Week Number: Week #1
    Previous weight: 159
    Current weight: 160

Goals for this month...
    1. Loose 4 pounds
    2. drink more water
    3. continue to work on getting real sleep at night

@sleepymom5 LOL I have only been to DisneyWorld once and Disneyland a ton (I use to work for Disney Television and I was assigned the openings to the wonderful world of Disney with Michael Eisner and we filmed there a lot). The restaurant is still inside the Pirates of Caribbean and it looks the same as 25 years ago! The new Star Wars land was fun.

@Cafelelia I love your exercise video!

@freeglerock hang in there! You got this! You can get through the withdrawal period!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    s4h8kb2aefm8.jpg
    t9ryzic2t525.png
    v1h6wbq4mgr2.png
    a5klu64i7ac8.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.55%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.40%
    3rd Trimstones 0.29%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Waist Aways 21.8 Lbs
    2nd Downsizers 20.0 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 13.9 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @deniners2 2.56%
    2nd @gharvey5753 2.43%
    3rd @rosieposiesrl 2.09 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @19shmoo69 5.0 Lbs
    2nd @gharvey2753 4.2 Lbs
    3rd @deniners2 4.0 lbs
    3rd @conleywoods 4.0 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @matthewsfive
    @iamworthy14
    @Kbrad2325
    @Motiv8tedMom
    @cardio_enthusiast
    @nbbaby
    @gelatinouscube

sj8ur52nc4b7.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    r755xhpwbqtx.jpg
    ql2y8i9ku6te.png
    n13aslmifsuk.png
    3218c0kvt0ui.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 2.60%
    2nd Trimstones 1.72%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 1.61%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 97.1 Lbs
    2nd Trimstones 83.2 Lbs
    3rd WaistAways 79.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @gharvey2753 8.87%
    2nd @hope002 6.79%
    3rd @deniners2 6.75%
    3rd @MaegyS 6.75%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @gharvey2753 16.4 Lbs
    2nd @MaegyS 15.6 Lbs
    3rd @hope002 13.4 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @rosieposiesrl
    @kayla7303
    @kguin0323
    @Motiv8tedMom
    @monaraehill2
    @gelatinouscube
    @mynacha73
    @ElleBellesTheoBear
    @corporatelawmom

a5grxic2dwq0.png
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @GingerPwr I love how you looked on the bright side with your January results. You are right, even at 1lb lost per month, you'll still see progress over time! We'll have to share snacking fails/successes to help keep one another on track! What type of exercise do you do?

• tryingagain5
    Options
    Monday 2/3 check in
    Food: logged but over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes at the gym with my trainer

I went home from work at my normal time today (no OT for anyone today) and was in bed before 8am and slept really well. I didn't wake up until my alarm went off this afternoon, which was really nice for a change.
    I did really well with food until my get together with my Bible study group. We didn't have a Christmas party this year because everyone was so busy but we got together tonight for a post Christmas party. I had about 900 calories left to use when I went. So I did well up until then. The plan was to eat the mixed fruit that I brought and any other healthy choices that were there. I did eat some healthy options but also ate not so healthy options and too much of both. The plan didn't work out so well.🙄
    I took the night off work so I didn't have to keep watching the clock. I wanted to enjoy my evening and thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with the ladies from the group. I haven't seen them in a few weeks since the Make and Take Workshop was on the same night as the study. Now, I'm headed to bed. Hopefully will sleep just as well tonight as I did today.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Monday
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: over 64 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 30 min bike ride, PT, stretching and strength

Good day. It went quickly...I will check in tomorrow . Have a good night everyone.

My answer for the Leaping Groundhog- What changed or what did you discover to get your weight loss going? Just think about the beginning. How did it start? What was your "Monday"?-In July 2012 I was so disgusted with myself, my appearance, what shape I was in...I decided to give losing weight one more chance. If I wasn't successful, I was going to stop beating myself up and just accept that I was always going to be fat. I ordered a fitbit and started logging into MFP in July. I haven't had any big weight loss during that time, I gained and lost for a while. However, I am in way better physical shape, I eat so much healthier and I have never gotten back to the heaviest weight.

Congratulations to our week 4 winners-@rosiesposiesrl @sleepymom5 and @33sandy1223 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! Great job everyone!

Congrats to our winners for January @hope001 @rosiesposiesrl and @Freeglerock for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! Awesome job!!

@kirsten11872 I had a bad January too. New month and time (for both of us) to get serious and have a good month. Sounds like you already are off to a good start. :)
    @nstephenson01 Sounds like a good day. Hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl even though it didn't end the way we wanted. It was nice seeing Andy Reid after the win though. Did your hubs make it to Pa safely?
    @GingerPwr One pound is not bad at all. The scale was still moving in the right direction! I love your goals for this month. Good job with the alcohol last month too. I am sure that isn't easy.
    @tryingagain5 . I actually read that one. It's a good book. Things don't always work out the way we plan. I am glad that you at least had fun with the bible study group and had off. Get a good nights rest and get right back on track tomorrow. :)
    @JillyBT I like your February goals. They are definitely obtainable. You got this!! That job you had sounds like it was exciting!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Awesome loss! You are starting February strong!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    z1tmclzs63w1.jpeg
    Sunday's Weigh Ins still due
    @twyla77
    @dillyg08
    Tuesday's Weigh Ins
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5
    @Freeglerock
    @Amsandos
    Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @rundgrenrocks
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    JillyBT
    Daily check in Monday 2/3
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: HIIT class
    Steps: 8,866
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    xX_phoenixrising_Xx daily check in 4 Feb
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Water: A lot. I lost track.
    Exercise: Cycled to/from work - about 12.5 miles total. I'm not sure I can feel my legs right now.
    Steps: 16,400.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Week 1
    PW: 152.8
    CW: 152.6
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/03 steps 11897
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Great job cycling for your commute to accomplish two things at once! :smiley:
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx wow, great job cycling to work. That’s a lot of miles!
    @sleepymom5 thanks for the update on Angelina. I’m keeping her in my prayers
    @tryingagain5 both of your book clubs sound like fun ways to spend time & socialize

Daily check in: Monday
    Food: Logged, under
    Water: good, lost track
    Exercise & steps: 90 minute yoga class; 6,508 steps

It was 9 degrees when I got up yesterday.... brr. Glad it was yoga day or i probably would have just hibernated. Hubby got to PA safely... timing was perfect as he missed a big storm here and it looks like a storm is headed to you folks on the east coast.

A couple of pics of last night’s dinner..

My cute little loaf of bread... its so hard waiting for it to cool before slicing into it

3lxeocvbjl2h.jpeg

I’m not vegetarian but I am trying to eat less meat while my husband is away. Dinner was mediterranean style beans and tomatoes with garlic toast

v1gch690l24q.jpeg

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In

Food - Logged & on target (completed 24 hour fast Sunday aft to Monday aft).
    Water - 1 l (so not enought)
    Exercise - 2 km run

Back into my routine yesterday. January was a bit of blur for me, so this week kind of feels like the first week of the new year, if that makes any sense to anybody! My leg felt great after the vacation, so I did a really short run and it went fine during and after. I am going to keep doing these little runs and see where it takes me. I don’t want to reinjure, so will take it very slowly & do lots of stretching afterwards. I also completed a 24 hour fast which felt great. I ate very healthy on vacation, but I had two glasses of wine almost everyday, and I normally don’t drink much. It made me feel kind of bloated by the end of the week. The 24 hr fast seemed to reset things for me.

@sleepymom5 - Love your bitmoji! Great day yesterday! I think that you have come very far and are doing fantastic! Thanks for.theh updates on Angelina and I hope that she is doing ok.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Fantastic loss, congratulations!!

@JillyBY - I like your goals, particularly the sleep one! Just a small gain this week and not to worry. On my short run yesterday, I kept thinking that I looked like that dog in the video!

@tryingagain5 - It’s ok that you went over as you had your party, and I am sure it was nice to have a night off. As per @nestephenson01, the Book Club movie is hilarious. Isn’t Still Alice also a movie?

@GingerPwr - Great goals for the month! It’s ok about January and at least you lost a lb. I know what I am about to propose may be hard to do, but next time you look in the mirror, try to find one thing that you like and pat yourself on the back for that. Sometimes a little positivity can help get things going.

@nstephenson01 - Great Sunday, particularly for Super Bowl Sunday. I am sorry about your Niners, I was cheering for them as well! I love Book Club! It is so funny! I particularly love Candace Bergman as the crusty judge who finally gets her groove on.

@kristen11872 - The months do go by quickly, you are right. It is a new month and the little choices we make can add up to big wins. I agree that menopause changes things when it comes to weight. I started menopause last year. It is not so bad overall, but I find it is a bit more difficult to lose (not impossible, but I have to be more vigilant) I also found I carry more in my mid section than I did pre-menopause. It’s a part of life though, so we just need to go with it.

@jedaschultz - I know you are disappointed, but at least you maintained and that’s a good thing.

This discussion has been closed.