WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    baby has not made an appearance, bummer!! they will induce her monday night then hope for tuesday to be born. they do have her coming back to the dr tomorrow to be checked and a stress test on saturday. if they feel the baby is in distress they will take her sooner. the dr is hoping she goes into labor on her own. i am not that great at waiting, lol.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well Love your new haircut. Hope you'll get used to it quick.
    @sleepymom5 welcome back, take it easy for a while, sounds like you need a rest
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 Great loss! Woo hoo!
    @Mrsbell8well Love the haircut and the glasses miss sassy pants! ;)
    @sleepymom5 Welcome back! Rest up.

Haven't been drinking enough water today, but I'm going to try to have a bunch tonight when I sit down to grade. Forgot my fitbit this morning too, so been a little frustrated with that. Oh well.

Everybody have a great Wednesday!
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 woo hoo!
    @Mrsbell8well fantastic haircut! Love the glasses too!
    @sleepymom5 glad you’re home safe and sound Pam. Hope it went as well as it could.
    @Cafelelia the company I use sends me an email every Friday with a list of veggies to choose from, always seasonal. So right now it’s mostly root veggies and greens and apples. They also have meat and dairy for extra $. It’s not cheap, but all the farmers are within two states of me, and they deliver, and it gets me motivated to use up the veggies when they are more expensive! I love to garden, too. I have a little yard but it’s fenced so the only ‘thieves’ I have to worry about are my dogs and small rabbits!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Food - didn't log and over
    Water - over 80 oz
    Exercise - 20 min walk, PT and stretching

Ok..wasn't the best while I was gone but I did have some good things. I did well with water, exercise, keeping up with stretching, PT and strength, steps (I even got over 14K on Monday!) and I didn't do bad with drinking this weekend. The problem was eating. I didn't pay attention to my hunger, I ate what I wanted and I did over eat but not to the point that I stuffed myself. However, the weekend was fun. I did do well getting everything done so I could go from the shore home and I was ready for the early flight Monday morning. The wake and funeral went as well as can be expected. I am so glad that we decided to go down. It was nice spending time with her family. They all still call me Pammy Lol! It was a reminder about how fragile life is.

So where am I going from here? I am going to get back on track. I struggled a little with giving into myself today. Ok, it wasn't too much of a struggle, I just gave in. I am going to remember what I posted before I left. I need to reinforce the good habits not the bad ones. Tomorrow is another busy day, I forgot that her dermatologist appointment was tomorrow so I have to run here there and back. I am really pooped and going to head up to bed now. I just wanted to get caught up with all that I missed. I will check in quick in the morning! Glad to be back :)

@nstephenson01 Nice loss this week. Sorry to hear about your week. Hopefully this one will be better. I do think prepping or making meals for the week really helps to stay focused and on track. I need to get into a better routine with this. Sorry about your neighbor. It is going to be a hard adjustment for her but better than him being with her. It is a lot of work and she is elderly herself. I hope her daughter helps her out. You are a good neighbor with a big heart. Thank you for the kind words about my friend. I was actually thinking of how you must have felt with your friend. I am so happy that I was able to go see her before she died, I am pretty sure you were able to also. I was hoping to see her again this spring when I go to see my Mom but that won't be happening now. I just keep thinking how thankful I was to see her when we went out last year.
    @kirsten11872 You know I can relate to the situation with your son. I hope after having to get up for detention early for 5 days he will see it would have just been easier to go to the tutor. I know that MK sometimes just wants to be like other kids and maybe that is what your son was thinking when he skipped the tutor. I think they get fed up with having to do these extra things and see other kids don't struggle and don't have to do the extra things they have to do. It is hard all the way around. You know how MK pushes and I get frustrated. Mk has been in counseling but it wasn't easy with that either. She didn't want to go and we went through several trying to find one she liked. Remember if you want to do that, he is getting older. My son William (the one in Houston) should have gotten counseling too but by the time we were figuring stuff out, he was over 18 and wouldn't go. (he said he was fine, Jim and I needed to go Lol!). Thank goodness a lot of his issues are gone with maturity. Don't stress when you are up on the scale and are doing what you should. That could be anything-fluid, poop, muscle...yes, it is harder when we get older but we can still lose weight. I bet it will turn around soon. That being said, it wouldn't hurt getting your thyroid checked especially since you have a family history. I am not sure if this would be something you would be interested in, I like the habitshare app. You add what habits you want to have and then each day check off. I like it because I can look back and see what needs to be improved. For example, I thought I was doing so well logging my food and then when I looked back to the last month, I only did it about 40% of the time. It really can show you where you need to improve and also can give you a little motivation when you see how well you are doing.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I am glad you are getting involved in the thread here. I appreciate all of your insight. I know you have a lot of experience and training. You had mentioned in one of your posts that you are thinking of going back to TDEE to set your calorie goal. Is there any way you could figure it out without the exercise and then just add those calories when/if you exercise? I am not sure how the calculations go so you may have to use the exercise calories in the formula. I just thought that would be helpful if you don't exercise because of your symptoms. I do know you love to exercise. Nice loss this week too! Good bye 270s!! I never even thought about how those bags on the bike could throw off your balance. I hope you are really ok with the falls.
    @ljdanny That isn't too bad of a gain, probably from being in that point of your cycle. I actually don't get my period because I had an ablation but I still get the symptoms. I bet that definitely why your weight could be up. I never knew that your son dropped out in 10th grade. I think school isn't for everyone and it proves that he understood how important a diploma was that he went right away to get his GED. It is also nice to know that he is doing well now. Where are you with the neck MRI? Did they do it last weekend? Did you get the results back? Hoping the new baby comes soon! I wouldn't be so good with waiting too! I hope she goes through labor on her own way before next week!
    @tryingagain5 Nice loss!! Looks like you are doing well with the water lately, not only this week. I am glad that you are still plugging away with the fruits and veggies. Sounds like you had a nice Valentine's dinner. It is a shame you didn't get to shop or prep for the week. I do think it was good you listened to your body and got some rest. Glad that you are using those Leslie Sansone videos. I am also happy to hear your iron is going back up. Definitely call the doctor with your questions.
    @pacsnc6 Nice loss!! Down another pound!
    @rosieposiesrl Nice loss! I am glad that even though you don't get to post you are reading along. You are a great asset to our group! Sounds like you really have been doing well! :)
    @hope002 Wow! Another awesome weigh in!! Congratulations on hitting your goal!! I am late to the bathing suit but I think you look great in all 3. I like the blue two piece the best, then the one piece and then the first two piece. They don't take up too much room, bring them all!
    @Fi45 Nice loss! Hope things are going well with you!
    @Mrsbell8well The Valentines meal and treats look delicious as does the others you posted! Yum! I am glad that you have your stitches out. Remember to listen to your body and not push it. Love your haircut and new glasses! Looking good as always!
    @lennoncpa Nice loss! Out of the 140s!
    @1theresamcvean Another nice loss even with your struggles. You have the best attitude! I agree that all of our struggles, even if they don't seem to relate to weight loss, do make an impact on our lifestyle. How we react does effect our health and weight loss if we eat our emotions, or don't make time for ourselves or exercise. It is nice to know we have support and can vent here. Thank you for sharing about your son too. It is nice to hear that these difficult years can change into an amazing life for some of these kids.
    @KUMEcyclingteam Wow! Nice loss!! I guess things are going well!
    @timibotkin I am sorry to hear that your results require more testing. I know it is easier said than done but remember that this is data that will help your doctor with your treatment. They are keeping a good eye on you so if it ends up being something that needs to be taken care of, they found it earlier than if you had to wait until you had symptoms. I am glad your hubs was able to go in to the MRI with you. Those are tough, especially when you are claustrophobic. Relationships do have their ups and downs and having a serious illness does put stress on it. Just take one day at a time. Hugs! I am thinking of you. I know this is hard and you have been doing everything on your end.
    @Zumba_Luvah Not a bad weigh in at all. That is just a maintain.
    @brown6267 Another good weigh in! You are doing great! I guess all those steps are helping too.
    @Cafelelia How romantic of your husband to have a Valentine's dinner planned. Sounds like your little guy may be following in his footsteps. I think of him with that little elf dance Christmas eve. He seems like such a sweetie! I hope the schools get something worked out soon so the boys school year isn't impacted too much.
    @JillyBT Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Well deserved after this past week.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Nice loss my friend!!
    @GingerPwr Nice loss! Looks like you are doing well! It also sounds like you are doing great with the runs. It is awesome to feel yourself become faster!
    @rundgrenrocks Lol! Carguments! I love it! I love Olive Garden, it is very easy to go over there. I was at Carrabas while I was away and the waitress asked what I wanted on my salad. I said the one you usually put on it. She was confused. I said the big salad we share, I just want that dressing. Then my friend leaned over ...that's Olive Garden Pam. :s
    @jedaschultz You are right, you do have to enjoy life a little. Besides, it wasn't much of a gain, I would consider it maintaining.
    @starcrystal3 Yep, TOM will do that to you. Just stay on track! You can do this!
    @amsandos Nice loss!! Hope your broadband starts working soon. I miss you checking in.
    @phoebe112476 No worries about the delayed weigh in. Hope all is going well:)
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 2/19 check in
    Food: didn't look up the calories for my supper but sure I'm over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session with my trainer

I stayed late for OT today. Was planning on going in early but changed my and decided to stay late instead.

After my session at the gym I went out for supper with my sister and a family friend. They picked the place but I didn't know where we were going until shortly before we met. It was a Mexican restaurant, which is really good. I've been there several times before. I purposely didn't eat a lot before going but most likely still went over but that's ok. I'm not going to worry about it and just get back on track tomorrow. After I went home I took a nap since I only had 4 1/2 hours of sleep because of staying late this morning. Now I'm headed into work for my shift.
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Rundgrenrocks
    Thursday, week 3
    PW 224
    CW 223

Yay! Now I’m where MFP thinks I am. 😜
    Next goal, what the DMV thinks I weigh lol
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/19 steps 10996
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Food - Logged & on track
    Exercise - rest day, stretching, 6709 steps.
    Water - 2 l. :)

Still doing good with the water. My target is at least 2 l a day, which is aroun 67.5 ounces. Today will be less because I will be in the car from 2:30 pm onwards to pick up my son and drive him far to hockey, so there will be no time for rest stops due to water. My target for steps is an average of 8k per day. My leg has been feeling good, and with the reintroduction of running, I am doing a gradual increases of activity. Yesterday was a bit sad as it was the 9th anniversary of my father’s passing. I had forgotten until my MIL called to tell me she had been to church to pray for him. I became sad remembering that day and also sad that I had forgotten. My husband was away and my boys were so sweet comforting me and making me laugh. The role reversal of them taking care of me was quite amazing.

@Fi45 - Fantastic loss, congratulations!! Happy birthday in advance and just try to make a plan for your eating out, if you know where you are going. You are very close to onederland!

@brown6267 - Great steps!

@rundgrenrocks - Fantastic loss! What’s your DMV goal?

@tryingagain5 - Fantastic loss!! Good day yesterday! Nice that you enjoyed a dinner out, and your attitude is great re getting right back on track.

@sleepymom5 - Welcome back!! We missed you! You did great considering all of the hosting, travelling and then attending a funeral. Don’t worry about it and you can get right back on track now that you are back. I love your Bitmoji (cool boots)!

@GingerPwr - You are doing great and keep it going!

@ljdanny - Thanks for the update on granddaughter #2 and keep them coming! Waiting is never fun. I had a similar situation with my first born & had to be induced. I still remember being so impatient each day for something to happen (this was almost 14 years ago!). Some babies (particularly 1st ones) just love it in their mommy’s tummies.

@mrsbell8well - Fantastic haircut & glasses! New look for Spring!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Feeling better now that I am all caught up Lol! Tonight there is a book signing at the bar. Our neighbor/husband's good friend wrote a book. I don't want to go because his ex told him she is going with some friends. They don't have a good relationship and she doesn't speak to him except for issues with the children. She is definitely not going to support him. I just don't feel like dealing with all the drama. I have always really liked him and I tolerated her. She is an in your face political person. It wasn't fun going out with them or being at neighborhood parties because it would eventually turn into a political "debate". Her words, no one was debating her, she just wanted us all to agree with her views. I am not sure what I am going to do. I am pretty sure she will try to drag me into it. I am not sure what I am going to do. It will be a game time decision. Maybe I will sit by the kitchen and sneak out the back if she gets out of hand...Oh well, I have to run, I have a lot to get done today and back to the shore tomorrow. Just Daisy and I so it will be relaxing (except for the cleaning part ;)) I hope to check in again tonight, it depends what I decide about the book signing.

@tryingagain5 I am in awe how you get yourself to the trainer with your schedule. You really have made this a lifestyle. Hope you had a good night and have a good sleep today.
    @rundgrenrocks Nice loss! You crack me up! Lol! I have those goals too! (I don't update my mfp unless I lose)
    @brown6267 You are doing great with steps! Hope all is going well.
    @Fi45 Nice loss! You are almost in onderland! Happy Birthday! Enjoy then get right back on track!
    @Cafelelia I do love seeing the role reversals with our children as they grow. Shows how well you brought them up. :) It is a hard day. Hugs! It will be my father's 10th anniversary of his death in July, it just doesn't seem that long.
    @nstephenson01 The scale likes to do that on weigh in day Lol! I am sure it will go back down. I am glad after a stressful two weeks you are making a point of taking care of yourself mentally and physically. Hope your dog is feeling better soon. Poor little guy.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    igfhvawyp9j7.png
    u81sdd0hm8u3.jpeg
    Last nights dinner chili and cornbread. Best chili I have ever made. Been experimenting. It will definitely go in my cookbook!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I included a photo of the pot pies. Look up Rabbit and Wolves. The pies were her recipe.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @rundgrenrocks yes I have read that book. I love it! Moly and I ate at her husbands restaurant in Abingdon when we were on vacation. I think often of her book.
    @sleepymom5 welcome back Pam! Yes of course we missed you!
    Thanks everyone for the hair and glasses compliments!
    @ljdanny praying for you and your family and healthy granddaughters arrival!
    Darn...I need to stop and lay down. Nasty headache. More later
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thursday 2/19 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 20 minute walking video

I wasn't asked if I wanted to stay for OT today, which was ok with me since I was ready to go home at 3:30, which is 3 hours before quitting time.😯 I slept really well today but woke up with a sore back. I go to the chiropractor on Monday for an adjustment. It's been a month so it's probably time. My back was kind of sore last week and a few times this week so I guess that means my body is ready for another adjustment. I decided not to go to the gym and did a 20 minute walking video instead.

I'm going to volunteer with the little kids tonight. Have to leave soon for that. Then will go for coffee with one of the other ladies who also volunteers there and after that back to work.

I"ll try to catch up with the posts later this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.