WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @rungrendrocks
    thanks, I've been trying really hard on the water. Still a work in progress on the fruits and veggies. The church dinner was nice. The kids did a really nice job.

@cafelelia
    Thanks. Looks like the OT is here to stay a while. I"ll just have to say no more often when it isn't mandatory.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    I bet once you get some more practice with the tractor you'll become more confident with it.
    You sound like a wonderful neighbor. I'm sure they both appreciate everything you do for them. Hugs to all of you.
    The Valentine's dinner was nice. The kids had the church nicely decorated and they did such a good job serving.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    Congrats on getting to the 130's! I would love to be there but it's going to be a while before I see that. Someday.😁
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/17 steps 13591
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In

Food - Logged & IF
    Exercise - 55 minute walk
    Water - 1.8 l

Yesterday was a holiday here and my husband took the boys to an animated movie festival. We had a mini teen invasion in the evening and they stayed for supper. It amazes me how much these 13 and 14 year olds can pack away and so quickly! I started a 24 hr fast and will be done by 3 pm today. It is going well so far and I feel good. My doctor told me that in spite of menopause, women continue a monthly cycle, with PMS and other symptoms continuing for many years. I definitely feel like that now. This week, I am focusing on getting more water, and gradual progression with walking/running based on how my leg is doing.

As some of you know, I am a follower of the Marie Kondo method and I started this time last year by going through my entire house (with my family). It took six weeks to complete (not full time days of course) and the donation truck came about 4 times. I decided to do a review of the house this year and we did great! Everybody in the family kept up with it and it was very easy to go through a tidy house. It took about 5 days (about 1 hour per day), and we have only a few bags to donate. I am really proud of my kids, who embraced the process and also discovered that they don’t need nearly as much stuff as they thought. After March break, I will arrange for a local group of cleaners to come and do a Spring clean. I have talked about them before and they are a group of older Greek women who started a post-reno and heavy cleaning business (I call them the Greek grandmas). There are about 10 of them on the crew and they clean absolutely everything, including the windows and outside decks etc. Worth every penny & they truly are my superheroes!

Congratulations to @hope002 for meeting your goal!!! You are doing great! Thank you for sharing your photos and your experiences with IF!

@mrsbell8well - I think that the scientific/medical research is still scratching the surface about nutrition and its link to health, aging and disease. I find it all fascinating and have read up on a lot of it in the past few months. But in the end, you are correct that we each have to find what is right for us.
    @brown6267 - Nice steps!
    @tryingagain5 - Glad that you are turning down OT when it is optional and you don’t feel like it. Your rest, self-care and other activities are important too!
    @GingerPwr - Great day yesterday! My kids love breakfast for supper! I think they would choose that every night if were up to them!
    @starcrystal3 - Hope that you are feeling better and don’t worry about that gain. Do you run outside in winter? It is my favorite time to do it, but I have to wait until sidewalks get cleared as running in the snow is too hard on my leg.
    @jedaschultz - That’s a maintain and you are so right, we have to enjoy life!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Nice loss and don’t forget, you are building muscle with all of that cycling! Sorry that you fell off your bike (twice). Can you remove the panier bags to see if that makes a difference?

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello all! Hope you had a good weekend! It was nice to have the extra day off!

I am feeling ok, trying to get back on track! I did ok on Sunday, I did ok with my food, I just did not workout. I pretty much took the day off the relax. I did not even get in 10K steps which is bad for me.

Yesterday was a good day! I ate really well, took the dog for a long walk, did laundry, and did my workout. It felt good to be on track! I did 23,482 steps!

Prepped my food for today, going to the gym after work! Hoping to have a good week!

@timibotkin keeping you in my prayers that you get good news! Hang in there!

@Mrsbell8well I agree! There are so many different way to eat! I do not think one way is right or better, I think we need to do what works best for ourselves! I am like you, still trying to figure it out. What once worked for me when I was younger, is not working the same.

@Cafelelia I hope you are right! The scale seems to go up so easily!

@nstephenson01 thanks!

Have a great day! :smiley:
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    r51et1sn7m5x.jpeg
    I suppose eating 2 of these tasty vegan stout mushroom veggie pot pies could be why I gained a few extra pounds???

Oh my! Can I get the recipe for that, please?? I love mushrooms and haven't had a pot pie in years!
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well have you read “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle” by Barbara Kingsolver? I thought it was fascinating and I always feel a twinge of guilt now when I grab a cucumber in the dead of winter!
    I haven’t made a total local/seasonal switch but it did convince me to join a farm co-op group. Hubby was complaining tonight about me sneaking collards into dinner yet again, but tis the season for them!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Tuesday 2/18 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session with my trainer

I had the option of staying late or going in early tonight. I stuck with my original plan to say no. If I have the option of going in early tomorrow I do plan on doing that.

I got my follow up bloodwork results back. The doctor had a note on them that my iron level is going up so that is good. That means the iron pills are working. I don't have to go in for a follow up appointment although I do have a lot of questions for him so I"ll have to send him a message on those.

Even though I was home and got to bed at my normal time I'm still kind of tired so I'm going to take a nap before going to work tonight. My energy level is getting better but sometimes I'm still a little tired.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @hope002 congratulations!!! That’s so exciting! You look great. How much more did you want to lose?

Until I can see my abs 😁😁
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Week 3
    PW: 152.6
    CW: 153.0

Sorry fir delay again this week. Crazy morning yesterday. This is today’s weight.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/18 steps 8098
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check In

Food - Logged & IF completed
    Exercise - 30 min stationary bike & 8238 steps
    Water - 2.3 l

Hurray, I increased my water yesterday! I am trying to drink more in the morning and that is working. Taking Pam’s advice, I am leaving bottles out around the house and that helps. I am going to try a run this afternoon or tomorrow, weather permitting. Another school strike is coming on Friday, this time every school in the province is out. I won’t plan much for the kids because they have playoff hockey early evening. I really hope that this gets resolved soon, but both sides are don’t seem to be budging. It could get to a full on strike, which means the kids are off indefinitely. I really hope it does not come to that.

@brown6267 - Nice steps and amazing consistency!
    @phoebe112476 - That’s a maintain, which is very good!
    @GingerPwr - Fantastic loss, congrats!
    @amsandos - Also a fantastic loss, congrats!
    @hope002 - It will not be long until you see your abs, they are already popping out!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Fantastic progress with your cycling! The falling is a bit worrisome. Maybe it will subside as you keep cycling, or maybe you need some adjustment of the seat or any attachments? I used to cycle a lot in my 20’s but all of my knowledge has slipped away with age!
    @tryingagain5 - Great day! Very happy that your iron levels are up and your energy is up with it.
    @rundgrenrocks - Aside from the collards, what are you getting form the co-op right now? I am thinking about joining an urban garden club. You can DYI or pay them to set up these boxes and plant a 3 season garden for you. We live close to a big park with a forest, so we get a lot of raccoons who steal the veggies, so not sure how they would deal with that! I have had my own little patch in the past, but gave up except for herbs because of the squirrels & raccoons.
    @kirsten11872 - Fantastic steps yesterday, and you are getting back on track!
    @timibotkin - I am so sorry about the MRI results, and eating some of those eggs is understandable. I know it is hard not to think about it, but try to focus on self-care and a few distractions as much as you can. Btw, my kryptonite is Doritos!
    @ljdanny - Is granddaughter #2 here yet? Hope that you get those shots very soon.

This discussion has been closed.