Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sunday 2/16 check in
    Food: logged and a little over
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walking video, 10 minute walking video

I went to bed at 9PM last night and woke up about 2:30 to use the bathroom and then couldn't get back to sleep. I laid awake for about an hour, then played on my phone for a while and finally decided to get up around 4. I did a load of laundry and did one of the Leslie Sansone walking videos while that was going.

Since I was up so early I went to the grocery store that's open 24 hours. It's a couple of blocks from where I live so it's convenient. I got some frozen meals and some easy to put together things since I won't have time to actually meal prep.

After church I got something to eat and then napped for the afternoon. I did a 10 minute Leslie Sansone video after I got up.

I was supposed to go to one of my book clubs tonight but since I have to go in to work early I have to miss that. It's interesting that work told us last week that we were slow and the very next day they said we were working overtime on Friday night and going in 2 hours early tonight. The overtime is nice but it is tiring.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Hi everyone, was having trouble posting from my app again (this better work!)

Checking in for the past days since Friday... I was a few hundred calories over on Fri and then a few hundred under for Sat, Sun and Monday. A total of 28,000 steps for the 4 days and 2 hours 10 mins on my Spin Bike.

Spent the weekend at a basketball tournament for my son, I'm managing his team and this was pre-season. Seems like a talented bunch of very tall boys! They're all 14/just turning 15 and 6ft, including mine lol. Now I get to spend every weekend for the rest of forever at Basketball... or so it feels like!

Got my bike set up with a carrier bag to get the weight of my backpack off my buggered shoulder, and plan to cycle to and from work the next 4 days (some adipose may die, but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make!)

Will try to catch up on the group tomorrow, I have to be up super early. It takes me a while to cycle lol, but I'm happy to get out there and do it!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/16 steps 6351
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in

Food - logged & on track
    Water 1.8 l
    Exercise - 25 min run (hurray!)

Happy long weekend to everyone in the US and in the Canada provinces that have Family Day! It was a sunny day yesterday and above freezing, so I was able to do a gentle run for 2km. It went well! It is playoff time for my kids, so lots of hockey and practices this weekend and more coming this week. It should all end by the second week of March, and then Spring hockey starts!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - Great loss! Keep monitoring your BP and please go into urgent care if it gets super high.

@nstephenson01 - I am so sorry about your neighbour and her husband. My MIL went through a similar experience for the past 5 years and it was heartbreaking. My MIL did everything she could to keep my FIL home for so long, and it had a detrimental impact on her own physical and mental health (we are trying to help her focus on herself now). You are a wonderful neighbour and friend. I hope that this week is more peaceful for you, and that the snow stops too. Big hug!

@tryingagain5 - Great day yesterday! Sorry that there is the OT as work and I hope that you can return to your routine starting today.

@rundgrenrocks - Hope that you feeling better from the PMS. Be careful what you wish for when it comes to menopause, although having no periods is very liberating!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - You are doing great! You are a team manager?! That is a lot of scheduling, budgeting etc. Even with winter hockey winding down, we now have spring hockey to look forward to, so my weekends are still completely booked too!

@brown6267 - Great steps!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    xX_phoenixrising_Xx
    Weigh in week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 270.5 (122.7kg)
    CW: 269.4 (122.2kg)
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Got my staples out this morning. I have been taking it easy but being very productive.
    I have 2 weeks left before I go back to work. Every day has fun things planned. Getting my haircut tomorrow. I’m going to go a bit shorter. Nervous about that but looking forward to it. My weight has shot back up to 147. Sigh. I hate to write that. My goal is to have it back to 142 by April 1st. A pound a week. Geez it’s so easy to gain. But I guess cupcakes, Guinness stout, and whiskey plus 2nd servings of yummy dinners will do that to you.
    I can walk but all other activities have been prohibited till April 1st.
    @rundgrenrocks the cupcakes are frosted with buttercream frosting. I used Miyakos vegan butter. I have also used coconut cream whipped when I want whip cream.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I bought the dried chick peas today but couldn’t find the tahini and no one in the store seemed to know what I was talking about. Where do you normally find it in the store? I was walking up and down the sauce aisles. I’m determined to try making that hummus!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Monday 2/17 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session with my trainer

I was asked if I wanted to stay late today but said no. I had already worked 10 hours and didn't really feel like doing a 12 hour shift. I plan on saying no again tomorrow if they ask. I think if I worked days the OT wouldn't be quite as tiring.

I've been thinking about looking for a new job but when I do casually look, I either don't qualify or the pay is much lower than what I make now. If I would apply for a different job I would have to check out the pay, benefits, etc. Obviously I don't want to have less than what I have now.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    @lennoncpa I found it in the whole foods/health foods aisle, but remember I'm in New Zealand. It might be different for you, but then I'm also sure that if I can buy it you'll be able to. If not - It's ground toasted hulled sesame, google gives me recipes for making Tahini - how keen are you? Lol!
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa I have found tahini in the peanut butter aisle, the middle eastern or Asian foods sections, the health food areas, and even the olive and pickle aisles of my stores. It’s like they don’t know what to do with it! I’m lucky to have an international market where I can get it, too.
This discussion has been closed.