WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean - That doggy sleep over sounds so cute! Yes, I did hear a frost quake. It was a distant boom near dawn and I thought is was a construction or garbage truck. So weird, and I had never heard one before. I guess they happened because the temperature dropped so quickly. Thank you for posting about your son. While it must have been so difficult to go through, his story is very reassuring that all can turn out just fine. In addition to his vision issue, my older boy has a minor auditory processing one as well. It was worse when he was younger and the teacher needed to wear a mic in class. He has improved over time with it, so now just really loud noises bother him occasionally. When I had him tested for LDs, he was designated as cognitively β€œgifted”, so he is a smart kid and wants to go to university. I am just worried about high school starting in Sept. We are thinking about sending him to a private school where the smaller class sizes may help. If high school is ok, I am thinking that maybe he does go to university, but lives at home. It is too early and we will have to see.

For everyone, here is some info on frost quakes:
    https://www.toronto.com/news-story/9854849-it-s-so-cold-the-ground-is-exploding-in-toronto/
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:2
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:174.2
    Current weight:179.3
    +5.1πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Weekly goal update
    Fruit, veggies: 4 per day for 4 days
    Water: 64 oz for 4 days

Fruit:
    1 day: 2
    1 day: 4
    5 days: 0

Veggies:
    2 days: 3
    1 day: 2
    1 day: 1
    3 days: 0

Water:
    1 day: 80 oz
    4 days: 64 oz
    1 day: 48 oz
    1 day: 40 oz

Doing good with the water. Having trouble with the fruits and veggies.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Friday 2/14 and Saturday 2/15 check in

Friday
    Food: a little over
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: rest day

I slept all day since I had to go in to work at 8:30. My church's youth group does a Valentine's dinner every year as a fundraiser. I wasn't originally planning on going to that but had some people ask me to come. It's not just for couples but for anyone at church who wants to come. The group I went with was several couples, some widows, a couple of ladies whose husbands couldn't make it for various reasons. The food was very good. The kids did the serving and some of the adult leaders took care of the cooking. I purposely ate light for the day since I knew I was going to this but had no idea what the menu would be. It was a tossed salad, choice of beef tips with gravy over white rice or roast chicken with baked potato. Both entrees also had asparagus with it. For dessert there was a cupcake with vanilla frosting. I usually would get chicken but I decided to try the beef tips. I don't really care for asparagus so I didn't eat that. I really liked the beef tips and may try that at a restaurant sometime. I don't know who made the cupcakes but they were really wonderful

Saturday 2/15
    Food: still have almost 1500 calories to eat
    Water: will have 48 oz before I go to bed
    Exercise: none yet, hope to do something before bed

I got out of work at the normal 6:30am time, was home by 7, wasn't hungry but ate something and then had planned on taking a couple hour nap and then had a lot of plans for my day. Apparently my body had other ideas.😁 I reset my alarm more than once and ended up finally getting up at 4:30 this afternoon so I slept my whole day away. Some of my plans for the day was getting groceries and meal prep. This week I"ll have to eat whatever is in my pantry and freezer. Hopefully I can do the meal prep next weekend. I know the weeks I did that I ate better and had more fruits and veggies. I won't be able to get groceries or prep tomorrow so it'll have to wait. We were told we have to start work at 8:30 tomorrow night. I'm not at all hungry but know I need to eat more for the day so I'm going to eat something and get some laundry done.
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    So I’m out of town this weekend visiting my in-laws for my mother in laws 80th bday. Dinner last night... wine tasting at a few wineries today and then the party tonight. Needless to say... I have not tracked. It’s been a nice little break from my parents craziness.

@1theresamcvean thanks for sharing your story.

Weekly steps not good as I still have trouble putting weight on my maybe broken pinky toe.

Monday - 7688
    Tuesday - 7898
    Wednesday - 8779
    Thursday - 7417
    Friday - 7445
    Saturday- 5447

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/15 steps 6009
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Short post today as I am at hockey today and will be throughout the day due to end of season & playoffs. Great day yesterday, just routine stuff.
    @kirsten11872 - That kind of gain could just be sodium or fluid retention, not to worry.
    @lennoncpa - Hurray, the 130s!!
    @brown6267 -I just need your steps for Thursday and we are good! Thanks
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    steps

2/9- 7,266
    2/10- 9,930
    2/11- 13,685
    2/12- 6,851
    2/13- 11,860
    2/14- 9,212
    2/15- 3,552
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Short post today as I am at hockey today and will be throughout the day due to end of season & playoffs. Great day yesterday, just routine stuff.
    @kirsten11872 - That kind of gain could just be sodium or fluid retention, not to worry.
    @lennoncpa - Hurray, the 130s!!
    @brown6267 -I just need your steps for Thursday and we are good! Thanks

Steps for Thursday 8236
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 3
    Previous weight: 215.8
    Current weight: 212

FINALLY! A decent loss! 😊 I feel like CRAP though! Out of nowhere, the other night I got sick...My whole bady has been aching and in pain. My throat only hurts on the left side when I swallow and into my ear. Last night was the WORST headache I have had in YEARS! I checked my BP and it was high, but not too high. I had to sleep through it, and woke up several times because of it and from my bladder. I've been having strong urges to pee, then when I go, it takes a whole minute to even start and then it isn't hardly anything there, so not sure what's going on. My body has just been in pain and very weak. πŸ˜”
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Nice loss! Take care of yourself, though. Hope you're not getting a UTI

Another run in the books. Each run is taking me a little further, and I felt a lot faster today - I could sustain faster runs and not just jog lightly.

Keeping the eating in check and drinking lots of water. Hopefully the scale will cooperate. :)
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Nice loss! Take care of yourself, though. Hope you're not getting a UTI

Thank you. I couldn't believe I had that big of a loss. Right before stepping on the scale, I was scared to look and told myself it was probably going to be a 5lb gain! Thankfully NOT! 😊 Really not sure what I have or what I'm getting. Last nightbwas really tough with all the aches and pains, constantly needing to pee, and each time I tossed and turned, I was pouring with sweat. Glad I got my Dr. Appointment moved up, but wish it was tomorrow instead of the 24th!

• CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    So, you all know I have high BP, I also have Tachycardia and I can't remember if the BP meds I used to be on was supposed to help with that too or not. But I did read that being more active can help give you a lower resting HR. Is this true? I was going to ask my Dr. If she had anything that could help keep it lower, but I really hate going on more and more pills! So if exercising and losing weight can help slow it down, then that is what I'll do! Got up from bed and just went to the kitchen and the bathroom and it was 140, while sitting here it went down to 125. Don't see why it has to get so high for doing either nothing or the smallest of movements. I read that people with this problem can die early cause of their heart being put through more and strained. I need to live longer for my Mom and the rest of my family...Love you all! πŸ₯°
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Daily Check In: Saturday
    Food: Logged, under
    Water: Lots
    Exercise & steps: JessicaSmithTV 30 minute strength training circuits, 30 minute dog walk; 10,030 steps

Felt great to eek out 10,000 steps finally and 60 minutes of activity. This girl misses her walks/hikes. Spent almost 2 hours on the tractor plowing snow. Slowly building a teensy bit of confidence but still anxious we'll receive more snow then I feel I can capably handle. Did well with my eating and ended the evening with a lovely glass of red wine and "Casablanca" one of my all time favorite movies.

We have so much snow right now that when my neighbor called needing my help Tuesday night I couldn't drive and instead had to put on my hiking gear and break a trail to get to her house. My neighbor's husband is back in the hospital and will not be returning home... not because his condition has changed drastically but because she's now physically unable to care for him any longer. Part of the reason I was having a rough week last week... my heart breaks for her and I have a hard time not absorbing her anguish. I need to work on that for the sake of my own wellness.

Anyway... her daughter got remarried on Friday so she drove up from Wyoming to pick up my neighbor and take her back to Jackson Hole for the wedding. My neighbor has called me 5 times over the weekend! Good news is they are placing her husband in a care facility but as she told me she had to be half dead for it to happen. I'm hoping now that her husband is being cared for that she can take time to take care of herself. She's due back home tonight. I can't help but wonder how much her daughter will be involved.

@Cafelelia Your Valentines's evening sounds so nice and relaxing. Hubby and I FaceTimed.... it was nice to see his face LOL. We usually just talk on the phone.
    @kirsten11872 Girl, I have big gains too at times. But your week was pretty stressful. Hoping for a better week for you. Hugs!
    @JillyBT Sounds like a nice weekend. Enjoy!!
    @tryingagain5 Your Valentine's dinner sound like it was very enjoyable
This discussion has been closed.