WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @phoebe112476 – Wow Love the roast broccoli recipe, I’m definitely saving it, Thanks!

@sleepymom5 & @kirsten11872 - Not sure if this will help you both, but my sister is also menopausal & says that she takes Dong Quai (a chinese herb, in a tablet) & her hot flushes disappear for most of the day. She's not a health nut at all, but she says it works for her - but everyone's different... if you are interested in it, obviously check with your doctor cuz some herbs interact with pharmacy meds etc...
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/06 steps 11329
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & TGIF!!! It is another rainy day, but it is Friday, so I'm happy! The temps are supposed to drop 30 degrees from this afternoon to this evening. It is going to be in the high 50's this afternoon, then drop to the teens tonight. Looks like we may get snow, I hope not! I got my hubby a ticket package for the NJ Devils for Christmas, we got tickets to 4 games & they threw in an extra game right behind the goalie! Tomorrow night is our first game, I am excited, just hoping the weather holds up!

I am very proud of myself, yesterday went well! I ate very lightly during the day, then went for Hibachi for dinner. I did have 2 glasses of wine, but I ate about half of my dinner, brought the leftovers home for my younger son, he loves Hibachi! I didn't workout, but I did get in over 17k steps! The scale was up about .3 this morning, not much, might be from the salty food I ate.

I am on a roll! Planned for another successful day! Going to the gym tonight & will workout tomorrow morning before my WW meeting. I should see a decent loss at my weigh-in, I am hoping!

@rosieposiesrl thanks for the herb recommendation! Hot flashes are no fun! Glad the changes you made with your diet are helping!

Hope you all have a wonderful day & weekend! :smiley:
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check In

Food - Logged & on track
    Exercise - rest day
    Water - 1.2l

I feel the fog of January lifting and I am finally getting into my groove. So happy that we took that vacation as it really helped a lot. My little guy is still sick today but he is on the mend. I am fighting off whatever he has and really don’t want to get sick. We got a big dump of snow overnight, but they are predicting rain on Monday and warmer temperatures for a few days.

@brown6267 - Amazing steps!
    @rosieposiesrl - Great loss, congratulations!! We love having you on the team!!
    @Fi45 - Fantastic loss!! A loss is a loss, no matter how it happened!
    @GingerPwr - That is just a little gain, don’t worry. Your post was hilarious, I have to say!
    @starcrystal - I am going to look up those books as I am looking for some new ones to read. I read 5 books on my vacation!
    @ljdanny - Nice loss! I really hope those shots work and let us know how you are doing.
    @tryingagain5 - Hope that you got a lot of sleep after the OT, and that you dad continues to be ok.
    @hope002 - Thank you for answering my questions. IF is an area that I am reading a lot about and I find the medical research fascinating in particular. Two more questions. What would you say are you most reliable resources for IF (eg books, articles etc)? For OMAD, do you count calories, and if so, are you eating a full days’ calories in one meal?
    @kirsten11872 - Aside from those occasional hot flashes, I am loving menopause, believe it or not. It feels kinds of liberating!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    bd2nkv6adn5h.gif
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 160.1
    CW: 162.2

Guess I've been eating too many desserts or too much salt. It's OK because I know it's temporary.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @cafelelia I watched most of Dr Fung's videos about IF, diabetes, obesity. I also like Dr Eric Berg's videos. They are short and cover one topic. I just search Dr Berg and my area of concern on YouTube and most of the time he has a video about it.
    When eating OMAD, I logged a few times and I know I eat around 1400-1700 calories. More if I have dessert 🍰🍰😊
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Had off school today because yesterday's storms left lots of roads flooded. Just finished the 2nd run on my couch to 10k app. Now I'm going to find a couple extra fitness blender workouts before heading to the store.

Making jambalaya tonight!

Everyone have a great weekend!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    7frguovl23w7.jpeg

I am checking in backwards as it is really windy here today. Our internet has been going out and I am not good on my phone! Lol! I want to make sure I post everything I am supposed to before I get to my regular check in and responding to all of you. Also if I suddenly disappear you will know what happened Lol!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    57d3vxgug5dg.jpeg

Friday's Weigh Ins
    @hope002
    @lennoncpa
    @Sleepymom5
    @Jmilner89
    @1teresamcvean
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @KatAdele
    Saturday's Weigh Ins
    @lburch
    @kirsten11872
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @timibotkin
    @brown6267

Late Weigh Ins
    @twyla77
    @dillyg08

Please excuse me Friday people if you already posted and I missed you. I am having trouble going back and forth. Just ignore if you weighed in.
  • sleepymom5
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Day 6 - What gift would you like to give to others working on weight and fitness? What can you offer that would make a difference?
    b527j50wnhus.png

Here is the link-
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Sleepymom5
    Friday
    PW - 195
    CW - 195.5
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 183.9
    CW 185.6

I increased my weights this week. Plus I had 2 slices of upside-down banana cake (delicious 😍😍😊😊). So I'm not worried about the gain
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 it is so windy here as well! We are on the same coast, not too far from each other, I guess it makes sense we are experiencing similar weather!

@phoebe112476 you look great! Amazing transformation! :smiley:
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @phoebe112476 Wow! You look amazing! Awesome job!

Logged all food today - in the zone. Refusing to snack. I can do this.
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    KUMEcyclingteam
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 230.4
    CW: 231.0

Just a hiccup, (I hate hiccups!) Back on it next week.
This discussion has been closed.