Options

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Friday 2/7 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: none yet but planning on doing some low intensity exercise at home

I was asked if I wanted to stay for OT today. I said no. I wanted to go get my oil changed and the dealership opens at 7. When I called they said I didn't need an appointment if I got there that early and that it would take approximately 45 minutes. I got to the dealership about 7:15. I brought one of my book club books and read while I waited.

I finally got home around 9. I tried sleeping but had trouble getting to sleep and when I finally fell asleep, my phone rang. I left it on because I was waiting for the doctor's office to call me but of course it wasn't the doctor. I finally fell asleep again.

I didn't do much with my day except for the oil change and slee and read. My doctor's office did call back later this afternoon. I was checking on when to do the next set of bloodwork and was told I can go next Wednesday or after. I"ll probably go on Friday since that will be easier for me.

I don't have any plans for tonight except to make a couple of phone calls and get in a little exercise and go to bed early.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    The OT wouldn't be so bad if it was during the day. It wouldn't cut into my sleep that way. I just need to start saying no. I could use my sleep medicine doctor as an excuse. I had an appointment with him last week and he "yelled" at me for not sleeping enough. He didn't actually yell, just told me I need to sleep more. (he used the word "chastize"). Although he doesn't know that when I nap I don't use my CPAP machine, so I actually sleep more than he realizes. (I'm supposed to use it while napping too but it's easier not to then). I thought of a question for him so when I send a message I should probably tell him about the sleep he doesn't know about. (the machine records a lot of things including my sleep time.), although I don't want him to "yell" again for not using it while napping.

I have a coworker that does 12 hour shifts almost every night. (she does most of the OT in a different building)

I have a couple of exercise books where I can do things at home without any equipment. Those are the ones I try to do on the weekends. I only have my phone so I'm not sure how that would work to do a video from YouTube. It would be hard to see with the screen being small. I"ll have to figure it out. Thank you for the suggestions.

Keep going. I know it's hard to make good food choices, especially when you're at a social gathering. My trainer likes to say "progress, not perfection". I actually did well for the last 2 days and hope to continue.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    My goals update
    4 fruits, 4 veggies, 64 oz water 4 days per week

Water:
    5 days: 64 oz
    1 day: 48 oz
    1 day: 40 oz

Fruit:
    2 days: 4
    2 days: 3
    2 days: 2
    1 day: 0

Veggies:
    1 day: 8
    2 days: 4
    4 days: 4

Did well with the water and pretty good on the veggies. Need to work harder on the fruits. Usually I'm better with fruits than veggies. I had made a crockpot meal last week with chicken and several veggies in it so that helped a lot this week.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa I've fallen into that same thinking trap. "I've been doing so great and working so hard I deserve ___."
    I'm still working on changing my thoughts to stuff like:
    I deserve to be healthy
    I love myself enough to exercise
    I'm willing to make healthy choices

Whenever I look at healthy eating and exercise as a form of self care instead of punishment and sacrifice, then I see a lot more success.

I'm glad you're keeping those sabotaging thoughts at bay! You got this!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in:
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 150.0
    Today's weight: 151.1

Hoping that the rest of the month takes care of this unfortunate gain.

Downward!

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Just checking in quick. I will check in tomorrow. I am going to hit the hay! Have a good night everyone.

@phoebe112476 Wow! What a transformation! Thanks for sharing!
    @GingerPwr You are doing great! Keep it up! I am trying to look at exercise more as self care instead of a chore that has to get done. It does make a difference.
    @KUMEcyclingteam Yes! A small blip, just get right back at it!
    @lennoncpa Not bad, especially during your busy season. You really are doing well. Keep it going, you have a few more months left
    @tryingagain5 Sounds like you have a good Friday evening planned. I am hoping to get to bed early too. I didn't know cpap machines took all that info. I am curious what he thinks about the naps. Has he ever mentioned broken sleep? I am sure it would all add up to count towards sleep.
    @1theresamcvean I know you are busy but is there anything we can do to support you? I know there is a lot going on in your life.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @phoebe112476 Amazing transformation!!!! Love your top in current picture.

@kirsten11872 Great job on eating only half of your diner. I don't have the willpower, that's why I rarely go out :)

@GingerPwr love your positive attitude... :) saying no to snacks...

@lennoncpa nice loss, you are in the right frame of mind!!!!! Stay there

@sleepymom5 LOL... I wish that was true... but I know it's not possible to gain almost 2lbs muscles in a week. It's just water from workout and carbs.. Thanks for making me feel better

@nstephenson01 I too find it much easier to eat right when I only have to cook for myself. Shoveling snow is a good workout too!!

@Mrsbell8well take care of yourself

@rosieposiesrl nice loss

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food - IF 20:4
    Water - lots
    Exercise - 20 min weights, 45 min running intervals, 10 rowing machine
    Steps - 11,855

Yesterday was a busy day, I did a lot of activity, but also had 2 pieces of dessert, which I normally don't.
    Today I haven't done any activity yet, but ate a lot in within a 6 hour window. TOM is coming, that's when I normally get hungrier. I don't deny myself when I feel hungry, I know it's temporary. Now I need to get moving a little, maybe a walk and some yoga...
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    Daily check in for 7th & 8th Feb

Both days tracked & under
    Water - over 3 litres
    Exercise - (Fri) 1 hour beach walk (Sat) 40 mins spin bike/elliptical
    Steps - 11,300 / 6,000

I’m having trouble posting here again for the past few days and I’m exhausted - will try to comment more tomorrow. Have a good day everyone,
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Yes, CPAP machines take a lot of data. The neurologist I had with my second stroke was also a sleep medicine doctor and wanted me to do a sleep study. They found I had mild sleep apnea. I had never had symptoms of it. They only put me on the machine because of my history of stroke. Had I not had them, they would not have put me on it.
    I don't actually see the sleep doctor but see one of the PA's. He doesn't know about my broken sleep and I'm pretty sure that he won't like me not using the machine when I do nap. He used to work the night shift too so he does understand. I'm sure he would like it best if I slept a straight 8 or 9 hours, whether during the day or night.

Out of my coworkers, I'm probably one of the few who actually sleeps a lot, even with the broken sleep days. Some of them barely get 3 or 4 hours every day. I know some of my coworkers keep the 3rd shift schedule even on the weekends, staying up all night and sleeping during the day. I'm not going to do that. For one, if I'm at home I wouldn't be able to stay awake all night and have no desire to do that. I'm an early morning person, not a night owl, even after 4 years working 3rd shift. Also, I wouldn't be able to do anything with anybody on the weekends, which would mean I wouldn't see anyone all weekend. That would make for some pretty boring weekends.
    I think I'm just going to need to start saying no more often to the OT.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    02/07 steps 13921
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Friday 2/7 check in
    Food: didn't log and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: none

I had an off day yesterday. Decided at the last min to take a rest day. Today was going to be my rest day so I need to get moving. My son is taking me out to lunch for my birthday present. It was kinda unexpected but he is studying for the CPA exams and doesn't have a lot of free time so I am going to take him up on it. I am also going to dinner, I looked at the menu and have a plan. My drink plan will work tonight, 1 before, 1 during and 1 after. Tomorrow should be quiet. I have a lot of salad fixings so I think we will do a "salad bar" for dinner. Shannon and I did that for lunch yesterday and it was really good.

Hope everyone has a great day!

@hope002 Amazing progress! You do awesome workouts too. Do you plan them for after you eat or does that not matter?
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx This site is so glitchy. It goes back and forth. Looks like you have been having a great month so far! :)
    @tryingagain5 I have a lot of friends that only sleep 3-4 hours who work night shift. I don't know how they do it. When I worked I would have to sleep at least 6-8 hours. It is hard to do that straight through too or once again, you wouldn't see anyone. I know all the studies point to keeping that schedule even when you are off but I am with you. What kind of life would that be. I think you usually do pretty well considering your hours. You have a full, active life and still are conscious of the amount of sleep you get.
    @Zumba_Luvah Nice loss! You are doing fantastic! How exciting to see clothes that were too small fitting! You are making awesome progress!
    @brown6267 Nice loss! You are so consistent with your steps too. Hope all is well!
  • sleepymom5
    edited February 2020
    Options
    iut5gujcbfhc.jpeg
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Day 7 - the end of the week. R&R. So - everyone. What is your go to comfort food?

s8pzph0ta5hu.png

Go ahead - be ridiculous! But maybe mention how you keep it under control...

Here is the link-
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Friday check in

Food - logged & on track
    Exercise - 30 min walk
    Water - 1.2 l

My husband & I had date night last night. It was a set menu that included dessert but I just got that boxed up & the boys ate it later. Wine can trip me up so I ordered a glass instead of getting a bottle with my husband. We still have a fair bit of hockey this weekend & I am sitting in an arena now!

@sleepymom5 - Nice maintain & don’t worry too much about that night out. Just assess & refocus on today. You can do it!

@hope002 - Great attitude about the small gain & that is exactly the mindset you need. Thanks for answering the fasting questions. Your transformation is incredible! Love how you used the same clothing in the photos. I continue IF with 14:10 or 16:8, & the occasional 24 hr fast. 14:10 & 16:8 are no problem, but For 24 hours, I find I need to put some himalayen rock salt in my water, especially in the last few hours.

@phoebe112476 - you look beautiful in all photos but you really have gone through a transformation! Just so inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing!

@GingerPwr- I love your positive affirmations! You are so right that this is about taking care of ourselves, not self-deprivation or punishment.

@KUMEcyclingteam - Just a little hiccup, & just stay the course!

@lennoncpa - Nice loss & so happy that you are taking care during this busy time. My accountant friends all disappear during tax season!

@tryinagain5- Great job with your fruits & veggies& water! I know your tests are ongoing & I continue to pray for you.

@1theresamcvean - You really are in the sandwich generation. I am kind of in one too & there are good & bad days. I am very sorry about your daughter’s cancer & hope that she is doing ok. Sending encouragement & hug to my fellow Torontonian. Cannot wait to hear more about your start up when you are ready.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Fantastic 2 days! Hope that you get some rest.

@Zumba_Luvah - Fantastic loss & NSV! Congratulations!

@brown6267 - Fantastic steps & loss!
This discussion has been closed.