Making Exercise Fun

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Maybe….I need to see my ortho for a knee check up anyway!….good advice!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Exercise this week:

Steps:
    Mon: 12,927
    Tue: 13,429
    Wed: 12,520
    Thu: 13,025
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Bike rides:
    Mon: 17.04 km
    Tue: 24.83 km
    Wed:
    Thu: 16.02 km
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Exercise this week:

Steps:
    Mon: 12,927
    Tue: 13,429
    Wed: 12,520
    Thu: 13,025
    Fri:14,938
    Sat: 11,134
    Sun:13,904

Bike rides:
    Mon: 17.04 km
    Tue: 24.83 km
    Wed:
    Thu: 16.02 km
    Fri: 20.26
    Sat: 18.21
    Sun:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I finally got back to the gym this morning after 2 months off. Just a light cardio and some strength work. Hoping to also get back to my 2-3 mile walks a few days per week.
    I had my usual breakfast after the gym. However I’ve been much hungrier later this morning than when I wasn’t exercising. Weird 🤔. I surely didn’t workout hard enough to spike that level of hunger.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    @Yoolypr , it's great that you were able to restart some exercise - every little helps!

My little bike tumble last week seems to have jarred my back and sparked off my recurring back pain. My goal for this week is to avoid being an idiot, and keep off the bike until it settles down again. I'll do my best to do my two forty minute scheduled training sessions (week 4 of my Back to Fitness plan), but other than that I'm grounded! I'll do the first one on Friday and the second one on Sunday to give my back a nice long rest.

I don't think I need to avoid walking, though, so here are today's steps:

Mon: 14,210
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Exercise sometimes does Spike hunger disproportionately to what was spent. Some people strength some people cardio some people a little bit makes them more hungry than a lot or the opposite... Where would be the fun if we were all the same!!!

Bella I would evaluate your walking with respect to your back pain and make sure it's not actually having an effect because for many people walking can cause and exacerbate back pain and 15K steps is solidly in the very active category of a couple of hours of deliberate walking plus some daily moving around.
  • Bella_Figura
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @PAV8888
    Re laying off the walking, it’s the dog you need to convince, not me!
    qe5fvr8ehsw3.jpeg
    He loves his walkies! 🐾🐾🐾

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    @PAV8888
    Re laying off the walking, it’s the dog you need to convince, not me!
    He loves his walkies! 🐾🐾🐾

I don't imagine that is going to happen. :) That little cutie must have you wrapped around his little finger/toes.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    hmmm..... I'll have a chat with him... but he doesn't look easy to sway!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Steps...

5/10/21 - 12,605
    6/10/21 - 14,616

Still no cycling. I'm trying hard not to be an idiot....
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    48byqssozlrq.png
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    No swimming for me for the next week as I had a hole cut in my left forearm for a biopsy on a spot….also 3 places on my face….they all are uncomfortable….I have to start using sun screen….I guess I will have to visit Richard Simmons for exercise this week….
  • Bella_Figura
    edited October 2021
    Options
    No swimming for me for the next week as I had a hole cut in my left forearm for a biopsy on a spot….also 3 places on my face….they all are uncomfortable….I have to start using sun screen….I guess I will have to visit Richard Simmons for exercise this week….

Oh Connie I sympathise! My husband has had so many lumps cut from his face, head and arms that he looks like patchwork! He has to wear factor 50 sunscreen 365 days a year (and factor 100 on his nose and ears). It's a challenge in the temperate English climate, let alone in the blistering heat of Florida!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

Oh Connie I sympathise! My husband has had so many lumps cut from his face, head and arms that he looks like patchwork! He has to wear factor 50 sunscreen 365 days a year (and factor 100 on his nose and ears). It's a challenge....

I am 70 and these are my first ones so I guess I am lucky!…especially not using sun screen and living in Florida!…I do usually wear a hat with a brim over my face….my husband is like yours!…
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Biopsies, 😰. One would imagine that modern medicine would have figured out something less invasive and painful. Have had a couple myself and didn’t enjoy it at all. I’m still bad about the sunscreen.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope all is good, Connie.

I hate sunscreen too... But if after having a bunch of precancerous bumps burnt off my face a couple years ago I put it on every day. It tastes so terrible :s
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

I hate sunscreen too... But if after having a bunch of precancerous bumps burnt off my face a couple years ago I put it on every day. It tastes so terrible :s

You can’t eat it!….too many calories!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Back to my neighborhood walks after a two month break. I especially enjoy passing this life sized longhorn cow chrome sculpture. The artist is Benini who lives in the Texas hill country. The owners added a pandemic mask. p0btfupka8ye.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That is when cool chrome bull! For sure the coolest one I've ever seen. :D
  • lauriekallis
    Options

You can’t eat it!….too many calories!

Isn't everything!