1200 calories a day

Options
1235»

Replies

• danabm
    danabm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie plan as well. I do pretty good during the week when I can get in work outs, but weekends are hard. I am on the go and I just don't have good healthy options. I also have a problem with sugars. I operate on the weird notion that I need a sweet to signal my meal is over. I have found some better options with fruit, but with not much in season it is hard to find things that taste sweet enough. I also have a problem with sodium. A lot of the frozen meals I like are packed with it. I need some support and ideas on breaking the addiction to them. :)

Thanks for the post Soozey1. I hope your Sodium/Sugar news can help inspire me. I do try to eat most things that have under 4g of sugar, but on non-sweets I forget to look and often am shocked at how much is in regular foods. I am not sure what is the best sodium restriction on foods should be so any help there will be greatly appreciated.
  • valerielite
    valerielite Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I follow the 1200 calories a day. I have my dairy open so feel free to check it out. I would like to be able to cut back on my snacks and increase more fruits and veggies... But Rome wasn't built in a day, right!
  • amberemckenzie
    amberemckenzie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys... im trying to stick on a 1200 diet aswell. any friends would be great so we can help and work together. :)

I'm pretty good at sticking to the 1200 cal diet, but sometimes I have a little trouble with snacking in the evenings. I'm starting to schedule a light, portion controlled after dinner snack if I'm awake for too many hours between dinner and bedtime. (Tonight I'm having an ounce of mixed nuts.)

Feel free to friend me! I know I could use a motivation buddy sometimes, and I can draw from my experience and success so far (46+ pounds) to help motivate you as well! :smile:
  • crsawinton
    crsawinton Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1220 cals. per day, my stomach shrunk last month when I had an abscessed tooth, and dropped 6 lbs, so I have taken that and ran with it, I try to have a smallish breakfast and lunch then have a normal (but portioned) dinner. I also have a few snacks, sometimes they are fruit, sometimes they are bad like cheese curls, but I count them out and don't eat from the bag!

I have an open diary and log daily if anyone wants to add me, feel free. Maybe add a note so I know where you're from ;)

If I'm having more calories than normal (like an out with friends pizza day) I try to up my exercise that day and the next day, (and choose the lower calorie thin crust with veggies) the scale is still slowly moving so I assume I'm making progress.
  • katlaurance
    katlaurance Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on 1,200 calories a day. Breakfast is steel cut oats, skim milk, and home made marmalade. I do a lot of cooking to control calories and make sure I incorporate raw fruits and veggies into my day. They help keep me feeling full. Whole grains have helped me tremendously! My nutritionist (love her) recommended Triscuits for when I'm craving something salty, they work great. Six crackers are 130 calories and the toasty crunch is fantastic.

Lunch varies. Hummus, cottage cheese, turkey as protein choices, along with some form of whole grain carb and raw veggies.

Dinner is protein (chicken or fish - 4 oz) and 1/2 cup of whatever carbs I've cooked. Add in at least 1 cup of veggies and you'vie got dinner!

I do snack, usually a piece of fruit, the aforementioned Triscuits or protein powder if I've just done a hard workout.
    And before bed is CHOCOLATE MILK! One tablespoon of dark cocoa mixed with a packet of Stevia. Add a small amount of skim milk, stir till it's blended, then add in enough milk to equal one cup total. Talk about no sugar cravings, the protein helps and the chocolate is rich and dark. : )
  • RobinHayes7777
    RobinHayes7777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am. I eat a lot of tuna plain or with mustard, hard boiled eggs, low sugar oatmeal, activia fiber yogurt, bananas, green beans, chicken, cottage cheese, baby carrots, pickles, salad with Light and spicy French 60 cal dressing, tilapia, jimmy dean delight breakfast sandwhiches (really good) 45 calorie bread with 90 cal budding meats with mustard only, dry cereal, silk 60 calorie almond milk and fiber one bars!
  • aoibhs22
    aoibhs22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi guys add away at me starting on wednesday i will be very strict and sticking to 1200 calories a day!!

add me as a friend so we can help each other and give advice and all :)
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm at 1200 cal a day, and have been for almost 6 months, and am down 30 pounds (i know my ticker says 20.. it's a long story lol)

I try to eat back my exercise calories, and have one meal a week which is over my calorie. I do need to add in more protein, but I am just not a big meat eater, I'm going to be trying a protein shake soon. I'm going away for two weeks soon and am hoping I can manage to maintain my weight but it will be difficult :)