TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Names Herb 40 yr. Currently 248. my high was 260 a couple months ago. My 41st will be the end of May and would really like to be under 200. Exercise and working out has always been the easiest part for me my real struggle is eating right and consistently. Hoping to stay active in the group!

We all have our struggles and are working towards our goals whatever they may be, and though we may falter we will not fail so long as we continue forward!

You are all beautiful and I wish the best of success for you!!

Thank you Herb! I also can relate to exercise being the easiest part of this whole journey.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Hi my name's Krystal. I've been with my husband for 17.5 years (married for 12 of them) we have a 14 year old daughter who keeps life... Interesting, to say the least, but I try to take one "teen-drama" day at a time and always keep a positive perspective. I am a Florida native but we did move away for a few years to a farming town an hour south of Chicago, which was a total bust but that's a diff story...

This is the "Why I'm here" story:
    From the age of 4 until 17 I was a professional swimmer and I was always strong and confident as a kid. Fast forward to approaching the age of 32 and 213lbs I looked in the mirror and I finally said "what are you doing??" I was very uncomfortable in my own skin, I was pulling my back out every few months by just sitting at my desk. I felt tired and bloated and I was unrecognizable to myself! In my mind I was that same swimmer. I just always knew that deep inside, I had an athletic competitor's ability to focus and win blue ribbons, so I could always bounce back if I wanted to. Unfortunately, I ALSO have an Olympic-sized ability to overeat and of course when I stopped swimming twice a day there was no way to stop me from what seemed like my mission to be obese.

I started my WL journey in April of 2016. Over the next 3 years I took my time researching and familiarizing myself with the keto diet then I would get off, see the scale inching up then get back on it and by the end of 2018 I was down to 185lbs. THEN I joined THIS group and went into beast mode!

Once I left the group I watched the scale gradually go back up to 165 and so now I'm coming back to hopefully get a much needed reboot.

My weight loss journey stats(reminder to myself):

May 2016 Journey SW: 213
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    2019(Note: When I started food logging and The Biggest Loser Challenge):
    January 2019 SW: 185
    February SW: 175
    March SW: 168
    April SW: 162.6
    May SW: 161.8
    June SW: 159.7
    July 2019 SW: 155.6

I'm back today
    Feb 23 2019 SW: 164.8

Let's go Team! (I'm sure this will be my longest post ever 😁)

@Krysless2 I am so glad you are back with us again, Krystal! I didn't realize it had been quite a while since you left us! Time has been flying, I guess!

I hope the group brings back much of the success you were experiencing before! I will also add you to the step/water challenge... Would you like me to multiply your daily goal by 7 to get your weekly goal? :)

Yes, please! So weekly step goal:
    7 × 7500...And thank you Christine! It looks like you're doing a wonderful job as Captain.

@Krysless2 thank you so much! This last week had been hard, but I am getting back to things now. I have your goal as 52,500! :)
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I am a 54-year-old empty nester and the mom of two grown children. Over the past 10-15 years, I have steadily packed on the pounds.

Every day, I walk my 15-year-old Great Dane/Lab mix. He is very slow and stops to smell everything, so I really need to add some cardio to my routine. I hope this month my planned couch to 10K program with my daughter will finally take off. I also would like to add barre twice a week for strength training.

I am counting calories. My husband is also on a diet--Atkins, much more restrictive--so I feel guilty having snack food around, which is good. He's been much more successful than me, though I am slooooowly losing weight. I am trying to eat more protein and vegetables so that I feel full longer. I always seem to be too low on protein each day. I am also trying to reduce my cholesterol by dietary means. My doctor will be putting me on medication if I do not.

I am motivated by others, so really appreciate this group. Many thanks to coordinators @cmhubbard92 and @brandi_84 for all their hard work. Brandi, can you add me to the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge?

Best of luck to everyone!

I never have trouble with being too low on protein. I love meat. Before I started trying to lose weight, I was really bad about just eating a meat for dinner and nothing else. I think that is what led to extra snacking. I have been working hard to be more conscious of having a more balanced meal.

@richmondwriter
    I'll be happy to add you the MUAC!
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I’m joining this challenge for the third month, and this plus a couple other tracking groups and methods have helped me. I’m a solo mom (no weekends at dads here, me all the time), two jobs, lots of responsibilities. I’ve struggled with my weight up/down my whole life, but the last decade been obese. Last fall I had terrible lab work results- prediabetes, cholesterol and triglycerides through the roof, thyroid off again. So I buckled down and now about halfway through a large weight loss / health goal. Awaiting my first lab recheck results now, should be another day or two.

I don’t usually do the extra challenges, I’m in a place of limited priorities, ha, so just working on intermittent fasting and blood sugar friendly food choices, and moving my body and the scale. Happy March!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @brandi_84
    @asha170880
    @GuessimGryffindor
    @Krysless2
    @p_mad
    @primekayprime
    @RoseyandReady
    @Simbersea
    @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    @Geminilady159
    @petrocoetsee
    @sekotsjd
    @thedestar
    @trlong1308
    @hapamama23
    @MyTarget170
    @Jrrutten
    @Rawrxamberx
    @sarahannsuarez
    @Nicoletime4me
    @stubbornloser
    @jmalderman
    @Runnerjess119
    @LMK02020
    @murdog3t
    @noelkro80
    @Richmondwriter
    @Steffish1
    Welcome to the March Challenge!!!

I hope many of you have had the chance to introduce yourself! If you haven't had the chance, feel free to introduce yourself at any time! We have quite a few members that have left us for the month, but we have many new members that have joined us for March!!! Please, take a moment and read their intros, maybe you have something in common! :)

Today starts all of the challenges for March! Please post your weigh ins on your chosen day, and update your mini-challenge and step/water challenges as frequently as you wish! Please, only one weight submission per week :) Remember, if you miss two weigh-ins in a row, you will be removed from the challenge! Please tag me @cmhubbard92 if you are going to be away and need your weight copied over for a week, or if you have another reason why you cannot submit a weigh in!

I wish ALL members of The Big Butt Theory the best luck for this month! We have had a very successful past few months, and I hope we can continue that once again as a group! 💪

One last thing, I know I have some of you as a friend on Fitbit. If you have a fitbit, and would like to participate in friendly TBBT step challenges, please friend me! http://www.fitbit.com/user/5P8W7K :)

Let's have a very happy, healthy, and successful month, team!!! We've got this!!!

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I’m joining this challenge for the third month, and this plus a couple other tracking groups and methods have helped me. I’m a solo mom (no weekends at dads here, me all the time), two jobs, lots of responsibilities. I’ve struggled with my weight up/down my whole life, but the last decade been obese. Last fall I had terrible lab work results- prediabetes, cholesterol and triglycerides through the roof, thyroid off again. So I buckled down and now about halfway through a large weight loss / health goal. Awaiting my first lab recheck results now, should be another day or two.

I don’t usually do the extra challenges, I’m in a place of limited priorities, ha, so just working on intermittent fasting and blood sugar friendly food choices, and moving my body and the scale. Happy March!

@GeminiLady159
    I hope your lab results have a good turn out.

You reminded me that I am making a commitment to IF and that needs to start for real tonight.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Can you set my step goal at 10,000 a day (or 70,000 a week) please?
    Also, when I post my water intake for the day do I post in cups or oz? :smile:

@Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel no problem! I will make it 70,000 :) and I post in the spreadsheet in ounces, but if you post cups, I generally assume 8oz for each cup(unless you say different)...

I wasn't sure how many oz was in a cup, I always go by cups! That's ok, I'll multiply my total cups by 8 and post in oz for you. ;)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Can you set my step goal at 10,000 a day (or 70,000 a week) please?
    Also, when I post my water intake for the day do I post in cups or oz? :smile:

@Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel no problem! I will make it 70,000 :) and I post in the spreadsheet in ounces, but if you post cups, I generally assume 8oz for each cup(unless you say different)...

I wasn't sure how many oz was in a cup, I always go by cups! That's ok, I'll multiply my total cups by 8 and post in oz for you. ;)
    @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel sounds good! :)
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Simbersea
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 164.4
    CW:164.0

I’m working on getting back on track this month. February was a disaster.

I always think of reaching my goals to be like being on a train. You're on a journey. Everything is clicking (you are eating well and getting your exercise in). Sometimes the train is speeding along, sometimes it’s barely moving, but you’re headed in the right direction.

And then life happens and you’re thrown off the track. Now you’re headed the wrong way and you have to find your way back to the right train (exercise and healthy eating).

That’s where I am at right now. I’m trying to catch that healthy train and jump onboard.

Anyone else use mental visualization to try to reach your goals?
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Destiny. I'm a SAHM to 4 kids ages 9, 7, 4, and 2. February was kind of a bust for me. I let a bad day spiral to a bad weekend, then a bad week. So I didn't lose anything. I started a new fitness program so I'm hoping since all the guesswork is gone there I can focus on making better food choices. But my kids have Spring Break in a couple weeks so that will be a test for sure! Looking forward to getting to know you all better!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

@GeminiLady159 I am glad you are back with us for another month! I am hoping your results are well improved, and that all your efforts are proving to help! I am wishing you a successful March! :)
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Sunday March 1st = 173
    Previous 174
    Aiming for a squeaky clean week with exercise to keep pushing through. My body tends to hold on to the weight around 170-175. I want into the 160's by the end of March and am determined to work hard and smart regardless of what life is throws at me. Have a great month everyone!! And welcome to the new members too!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    Simbersea
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 164.4
    CW:164.0

I’m working on getting back on track this month. February was a disaster.

I always think of reaching my goals to be like being on a train. You're on a journey. Everything is clicking (you are eating well and getting your exercise in). Sometimes the train is speeding along, sometimes it’s barely moving, but you’re headed in the right direction.

And then life happens and you’re thrown off the track. Now you’re headed the wrong way and you have to find your way back to the right train (exercise and healthy eating).

That’s where I am at right now. I’m trying to catch that healthy train and jump onboard.

Anyone else use mental visualization to try to reach your goals?

@simbersea I think all of us that have been in TBBT for some time all have at least one month that just appears to be a disaster or failure! It's what makes us just work that much harder the next month. For me, I had started upping my activity, eating very healthily, and then BAM, flu. Kind of threw me off course like you are talking. I think you have all the tools you need to get yourself back on course! And you'll do it this month, too.

I personally don't use "mental visualization " to reach my goals. I have spreadsheets and apps that I am constantly using to track my goals/results. I think my favorite tool that I have is the Libra app. It is a weight tracker, and it shows me all of my progress(I generally weigh daily), and shows me trends and predictions of when I will reach my goals. I really like it. My "tools" motivate me! One that I will be starting is the "Run with Hal" app to create a solid running and cross training program! I'm kind of a big nerd?

In the spoiler is a screenshot of the Libra app! It has all my weights taken since November 2018, and it's pretty cool.
    bqvjyjimbfk3.jpg
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Destiny. I'm a SAHM to 4 kids ages 9, 7, 4, and 2. February was kind of a bust for me. I let a bad day spiral to a bad weekend, then a bad week. So I didn't lose anything. I started a new fitness program so I'm hoping since all the guesswork is gone there I can focus on making better food choices. But my kids have Spring Break in a couple weeks so that will be a test for sure! Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

@thedestar we are glad to have you back for another month, Destiny! What is the new program you are doing now? I am excited to see what March brings!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Weigh in Sunday March 1st = 173
    Previous 174
    Aiming for a squeaky clean week with exercise to keep pushing through. My body tends to hold on to the weight around 170-175. I want into the 160's by the end of March and am determined to work hard and smart regardless of what life is throws at me. Have a great month everyone!! And welcome to the new members too!

@RoseyandReady a nice loss to start the month! I am wishing you a very successful month! :)
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I think my favorite tool that I have is the Libra App.

In the spoiler is a screenshot of the Libra app! It has all my weights taken since November 2018, and it's pretty cool.
    bqvjyjimbfk3.jpg
    [/quote]

I can’t find that App in the store. All it shows is one for horoscopes. Do you know it’s full name?
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 thank you! This group has made such a difference to keep me on track even when I start to fall. THANK YOU for your help!!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited March 2020
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    I think my favorite tool that I have is the Libra App.

bqvjyjimbfk3.jpg

I can’t find that App in the store. All it shows is one for horoscopes. Do you know it’s full name?

@simbersea if you have an android, it's Libra - Weight Manager on the google play store... if you have Apple, I believe there is a similar quality app called Happy Scale?
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Username: Krysless2
    Weigh in day: Sunday, March 1st
    Current week's weight:
    162lbs
    MarchStarting Weight: 165lbs
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Username: Krysless2
    Weigh in day: Sunday, March 1st
    Current week's weight:
    162lbs
    MarchStarting Weight: 165lbs

@krysless2 a fabulous first weigh in for March! Way to go!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.