• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: 150 over
    Exercise: none
    Day: did good today. Allowed myself to indulge a bit as I often do on the weekends lol but kept it in check and had really healthy meals. Tomorrow starts our fitness challenge at work, gonna start taking the stairs up at least once a day -I’m on the 16th floor 😬 took measurement and will probably take pics to see what kind of changes I can see at the end of the month. Hoping to have a great loss this month with the extra motivation of the challenge!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: not specifically

I did lots of food prep today! Made chicken paprikash without the dumplings, spaghetti squash, and clay pots with shrimp, veggies, rice noodles in a lemongrass coconut sauce!
  • mamabearangie
    mamabearangie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Exercise: Got in 7000 steps

Got a membership for the art museum today. I could walk around in there for hours. It's just strolling, but it's not sitting on my butt in front of the TV. Made healthy chicken fajitas - enough left for tomorrow.
  • drpuffphd
    drpuffphd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    March 2
    Weigh in Monday
    SW184.4
    CW 183
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all I will be taking a break from this challenge as things are just mad hectic now and feel like I need a break for a bit. I'm on another challenge so I'll keep checking in there and just eating mindfully.
    Thanks for all the support, good luck to you all.
  • inessliang
    inessliang Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Hi all I will be taking a break from this challenge as things are just mad hectic now and feel like I need a break for a bit. I'm on another challenge so I'll keep checking in there and just eating mindfully.
    Thanks for all the support, good luck to you all.

• klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    March 2
    Weigh in Monday
    SW 197.4
    CW 199.6

I am looking forward to the accountability and encouragement here! My goal this week is to track everything and drink 100 oz of water each day.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    March 2
    Weigh in Monday
    SW 222
    CW 220
  • vjpaddy
    vjpaddy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    inessliang wrote: »
    Name: Inessliang
    Week 1
    Weigh in : Saturday
    SW 180.3

This isn’t your week 1 weigh in, that’ll be next week. This is your feb week 4 which will also be your starting weight for the March challenge.

Hi Amy, still a bit confused with Dates. So Week-1 is till 7/3 or 13/3 ? My start-up weight I believe was the last weight of Feb taken on 29/2.
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    vjpaddy wrote: »
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    inessliang wrote: »
    Name: Inessliang
    Week 1
    Weigh in : Saturday
    SW 180.3

This isn’t your week 1 weigh in, that’ll be next week. This is your feb week 4 which will also be your starting weight for the March challenge.

Hi Amy, still a bit confused with Dates. So Week-1 is till 7/3 or 13/3 ? My start-up weight I believe was the last weight of Feb taken on 29/2.

Week 1 is March 1-7, you’re listed as having a weigh-in day of Saturday so that means your week 1 weigh in would be on Saturday March 7, week 2 for you would be March 14 etc. Our weeks start on Sunday so you’ll always be weighing in at the end of the week. Hope that helps!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Hi! I'm feeling very good about March even though I am anticipating some seasonal depression which I usually have this time of year (it is still very much winter where I live).

It's been four of five months since I started to examine my relationship with food. I quit eating office treats 12/21.

I discovered the Half Size Me podcast and began to focus on just eating mindfully enough to track every day and I think I have almost tracked every day for about a month even on my birthday dinner and a few days where I wasn't really sure exactly what I ate. I used to not track for two reasons (1) I had no idea what I was eating/had eaten (2) I could not handle seeing a number above 2000 calories apparently.

A big shift came when I went to visit my family for the weekend in mid-February. The trip involves about 14 hours in the car and it's usually my time to eat whatever I want. I did indulge as usual but tracked two out of three days. It was hard to see those 3000 calorie days but guess what? They would have shown up on the scale when I got back whether I had tracked or not.

I think I'm finally ready to focus on hitting my maintenance or target calories every day. I'm focusing on Half Size Me's mandate of incorporating 20-30 grams of protein and 5-6 grams fiber in every meal; I hardly ever noticed macros before so that prompted me to upgrade to premium!

Other goals this month:
    * pre track every day
    * pre track a treat every day, late in the day so I have something to look forward to
    * post to MFP every day
    * strength-train 2x/week
    * every meal & snack: Butt on Chair, Food on Plate. No grazing, no BLTs (bites, licks, and tastes)!

Thanks for reading if you still are :) I'll try to stick with weigh ins and daily posts better; thanks for your leadership @AmyG1982 !

Sounds like you’ve got a great plan! Good for you for finding what works for you and continuing to make changes if it’s not instead of getting discouraged and giving up!
  • mamabearangie
    mamabearangie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @midsummer174627
    I love your goals - really on par to mine. I listen to podcasts all the time and added Half Size Me to my list to listen to. I do love the half hour podcasts - not too long and not too short. I'll check out their website too. I'm trying to get in 20-30 gm of protein each time too. I make some killer smoothies. Just basically high protein, very low carbs is my goal.

Good job!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: climbed 16 flights of stairs lol
    Day: did pretty good today. Smacked a little too much this evening but made good food choices and got lots of movement in
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Exercise: no

Doctor appointment in the morning. For once I don’t feel too ashamed to have a check up. Hopefully my labs will look okay.
  • TwinMomma2019
    TwinMomma2019 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Tracked: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. 20 minutes strength training (core). 1 mile jog.
  • TwinMomma2019
    TwinMomma2019 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: More than likely over (was unable to track everything I ate today)
    Exercise: None however I was on the shooting range all day
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track: Yes
    Exercise: 1 hour yoga class & the stairs
    Day: feel great about today, yoga kicked my butt (it’s been years and this was a pretty advanced class lol) but I did it!
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday
    Exercise: no

Dr appointment went well. I am now at a BMI of 28. A year ago it was 37. Blood work no better than 6 months ago so I need to make a solid plan for regular exercise.
This discussion has been closed.