March Mindfulness Challenge 2020

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    3/22

Have been pretty mindful at mealtime. Though they are not exceptionally low in carbs, (due to store shortages) they have been low enough in calories.

That sucks.
    We haven't tried going back to the store. We are just hunkering down and eating what we have in our pantry/freezer.

Do the best you can. I'm still hoping the hoarders fill up all their freezers and fridges soon so we non-panickers can get some fresh food sometime this month. :rage:

I was entirely slothful Saturday. Which is my normal, but I did take advantage of the unusual nice weather yesterday and got in almost 12K steps. That should off-set my less-than-perfect NEAT effort last week.

Hang in there folks!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 20, 21, 22.

Check in for March 19

1. Mindful exercise daily. Weather was very cold but dry so outside both Sat and Sun for 3.57 and 3.62 miles (fitibit GPS). I'm jogging for 90 seconds at a time now. Can hardly believe I'm able to write that.
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. Did good all days
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. under all days but found myself bored and nibbling on Saturday. Got to keep myself busy.
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. I did it! Not sure if I can get another 5 before end of month, likely not healthy but scale is responding well to my outside exercise.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. Our worlds are getting more and more surreal.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Rain prevented a yard hike so I did a 5mile walking vid yesterday.
    Been mindfully logging, eating, and making sure I move enough.
    I'm mindfully NOT screaming at my stir-crazy children who are being even more obnoxious than their usual. I do indeed hope the weather cooperates and I can throw them outside today.
  • baconslave
    Options
    vkrenz wrote: »
    Check in for March 20, 21, 22.

Check in for March 19

1. Mindful exercise daily. Weather was very cold but dry so outside both Sat and Sun for 3.57 and 3.62 miles (fitibit GPS). I'm jogging for 90 seconds at a time now. Can hardly believe I'm able to write that.
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. Did good all days
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. under all days but found myself bored and nibbling on Saturday. Got to keep myself busy.
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. I did it! Not sure if I can get another 5 before end of month, likely not healthy but scale is responding well to my outside exercise.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. Our worlds are getting more and more surreal.

Looks like you're having some great success!

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Rain prevented a yard hike so I did a 5mile walking vid yesterday.
    Been mindfully logging, eating, and making sure I move enough.
    I'm mindfully NOT screaming at my stir-crazy children who are being even more obnoxious than their usual. I do indeed hope the weather cooperates and I can throw them outside today.
    🤣😂🤣 I know what you mean!!! Here in Cleveland, it's been COLD. I see no one outside. Kinda too cold for the kids too. Thankfully, my kids 11 & 13 have been keeping to them selves and doing group chats games etc. not driving me crazy while I am figuring out this working remotely thing...
    The only good thing is I set up my office in the basement next to my makeshift workout station so I can take a break and do a quick 10-15 min session throughout the day.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for March 23

1. Mindful exercise daily. I did absolutely nothing in the way of exercise, too tired. We in WI have heard our governor talk about mandatory shelter in place and are trying to figure out what that means for each of us.
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. Did good
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. Well under.
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. Hope to maintain for success to the end of the month.

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    March 21-24 check in:
    Well I’m back to working at home so hubs is making me lunches and I swear makes enough to feed someone twice my size. But do I finish it to avoid waste? Of course! He was convinced a favorite pizza shop will close in the midst of this crisis so we ate it one last time this week. Man, was that a mistake! I’ve had cravings and want to eat all the food. At least we have supported local businesses. So, mindfulness has been lax the last few days. Maybe I’m burning fat and building muscle? A girl can hope! Everyone stay safe!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I need this so much! I wanna just lose the last 5# and I just suck donkey with doing it. My commitment blows. Hoping and praying I can keep it together and show y’all and myself that I can do it.

1. Mindful exercise daily.
    Weather was nice, took 3 walks. I'm working out in the mornings. I had foot surgery Dec 13th, so much foot is still recovering. Somedays pain other days not.

2. Low carb, < 35 daily.
    I’ll start tracking that. Pre loggin g seems to work best for me.
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,700 daily. i get into trouble when I’m bored and nibbling. Got to keep myself busy also.

4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 4/15.

The world is surreal rn. I’m working from home with my hubby. If I wouldn’t snack, I’d be at my desired weight. Mindset is everything.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    3/23 & 24

One perfect day (23rd) and one miserable day (24th). Stress eating on the 24th due to watching too much media coverage!! Committed back to mindfulness today. Recorded some movies so I'll have something to watch for several hours at a clip. Friend texted me she was cleaning her china cabinet which is a several hour venture. Hope I can figure out something else to do besides that :):)

Feel extremely sorry for folks living in a big city.

Today is going to be a good day!!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    It rained all day so I did not throw out the kids. Even though they deserved it. The ground is soggy but when it warms up a bit this afternoon they're going out in the yard, even if that means that I'm going to be dealing with mud.

I'm following all my mindful guidelines. So I'm not stress eating and laying disconsolately on my rear.

Wishing you all a happy day 10 of quarantine. Do the best you can with what you have to work with. :smile:
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    It's so nice out today. Going to be in the 50's. I am definitely going for a jog during lunch break. I need it, bad.
    I started my day with protein smoothie, which I haven't in a long time. It's almost 11 and I am not hungry at all. Although high in carbs, I might do this for the rest of the week.
    Later I will do some floor/core work to tighten up my mid-section.

Hope you all have a good day! Day 3 working from home for me.
  • Shexio
    Options
    @baconslave - nice check in. I enjoyed your update about mindfulness
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Staying on target for my carbs, protein and calories. Weather is slightly above 0* so I am getting outside, not really doing much that is productive as we still have snow and most of the ground is frozen. However, I am moving and not obsessing over the news, which results in less temptation to stress eat.
    @baconslave will there be an April group? Hope so, this is a virtual gathering place that many of us benefit from, especially in times like this. Stay home, stay healthy and be kind everyone!
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in March 24.

1. Mindful exercise daily. Walked on my lunch break and also did 3.6 mile walk/jog after supper. Had to get out and keep moving. I was not so tired as I was on Monday.
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. Did good
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. Well under.
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. The scale is staying put with my success even though I ate Culver's chicken tenders with honey mustard on Monday.

My husband is having a fit about the news so I told him he can only watch TV news one time in the evening. Hopefully, that settles him down. That and praying. Our country needs prayer.
  • Shexio
    Options
    Check in

Weather was nice, took many walks, over 10k steps and that doesn’t include the workout. . Foot feels better. (1)

2. Low carb, < 35 daily.
    Tracked, it helped a ton! (1)

3. Calorie deficit, <1,700 daily. done 👍🏻 Win win!!! Loving this .

Working from home ... need better focus.

Mindset is everything.
  • baconslave
    Options
    amckholmes wrote: »
    Staying on target for my carbs, protein and calories. Weather is slightly above 0* so I am getting outside, not really doing much that is productive as we still have snow and most of the ground is frozen. However, I am moving and not obsessing over the news, which results in less temptation to stress eat.
    @baconslave will there be an April group? Hope so, this is a virtual gathering place that many of us benefit from, especially in times like this. Stay home, stay healthy and be kind everyone!

If you guys want one then there will be. :wink:
    Probably will just be a Basics challenge unless someone comes up with something spectacular. I used to do Active April which might be alright though that might be hard for some since we're all stuck at home if we don't have a yard or empty park to hit. I have a home gym basically and a big yard ( benefit from rural living.) But not everyone has that.
    Still there are plenty walk at home or interval training or bodyweight training videos you can do at home if you have about 6 ft of space in your home.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    Check in

Weather was nice, took many walks, over 10k steps and that doesn’t include the workout. . Foot feels better. (1)

2. Low carb, < 35 daily.
    Tracked, it helped a ton! (1)

3. Calorie deficit, <1,700 daily. done 👍🏻 Win win!!! Loving this .

Working from home ... need better focus.

Mindset is everything.

Yes!
    However we frame things influences how we see them. When I was doing the high school Health class for our homeschool co-op, during the mental health chapter I told them this. It took me a looooong time to figure that out in early adulthood. How you frame things is like sunglasses with purple lenses. Everything you see will be purple. So if you are wearing a negative frame, that's going to color everything negative and that is what you will see. In addition to framing, or a perspective check as I sometimes call it, it's also a great habit to chase silver linings. That might end up as a difficult hunt, but searching for whatever good thing there is in a situation, even if it's small, it much better than just accepting the dark clouds.

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Mar 25 check in:
    I tried to be mindful of my lunch portion yesterday. I refrained from seconds and distracted myself with work when I mentally wanted more. Dinner portions weren’t great but I also avoided any snacking afterwards. The scale jumped up last week so I will trying and maintain focus on mindful eating to move in the other direction. Fingers crossed I can mentally overcome boredom and temptation.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for March 25.

1. Mindful exercise daily. Walking on my lunch and then again after supper seems to be working well for me vs scale. Nobody said getting rid of weight would be easy. I also know that I'll have to keep exercising to maintain a weight loss
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. Did good, 17 net.
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. Well under at 1,012.
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. So far, so good.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    @baconslave , I'm all for Active April. Hopefully, the weather will be nice and each of us will be able to get outside b/t the raindrops. There are some good Youtube videos for any type of exerciser and ones you can simply download the plans for interval type training.

Thank you for setting up our groups. They really help me a lot and keep me accountable. I also get to "talk" to people about weight loss and eating plan that are having the same mindset. My family and coworkers probably get tired of listening to me.
This discussion has been closed.