Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 281
    Todays Weight: 275
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @davors19 - 💥 Boom! 👾 Monster weigh-in! Congratulations!

@TeresaW1020 - 👐 I get that the number isn't what you want, and hear that you'll be in action to make sure that things don't continue in that direction. Super SUPER great that you checked in anyway, did the analysis, and owned what actions led to the result. 👍🏽
    You'll rewind that gain soon, for sure! I think quick gains can come off quick, too, if we are careful. At least that seems so -- that your body can bounce back to where you were more quickly than losing weight that has settled in for a long time.
    Thank you, Captain, our Captain, for modeling accountability and a great attitude! 🏆😊

@Katmary71 - I seriously do not think it is stupid to like checking completion boxes! Some of us really love that! (I do, too!) (And loving lists and checking things off of lists is a legit personality type in some systems. I know someone who has made a study of personality type systems. So seriously about this.)
    ☑️Anyway, it is BRILLIANT that you have noticed this about yourself and you use it.

😉 You may perhaps appreciate that a while back I was meandering around an office supply to see if I could find metallic star stickers like the ones that got used by some of my grade school teachers. They were metallic and had crimping (?) along the edges, and I so loved it when I earned one. Yes, I am secretly still a kindergarten-er inside.
    Your note about getting in steps has me thinking about ways to up my step count. Hmmm...

@raleighgirl09 -💥 Congratulations on the great weigh-in! Down 1 pound is fabulous!
    I am a big yes to the power of routines, and creating new ones. Hurray you! I especially love your focus: Routines for planning the next day, assessing this one, planning food to bulk prep

That new normal can become normal surprisingly quickly! Especially when we don't resist. For myself, I sometimes feel a little like a boxer -- duck and weave and find the path of least resistance as things happen around you. Or maybe like a plant or a tree -- keep pushing upwards, even when rain and wind seems to be pushing you back.

@gwamajtw91 - Great attitude! I can hear you thinking about what worked and what did not, and strategising about what you can do in the current environment to keep making progress. You'll find your new rhythm and get that 1 pound off soon. 👍🏽

@leonadixon - 👐👐 How are you doing today?
    For me, when my "giveadarn" seems low, step 1 is being kind to myself. And next, if it feels like I am not hitting goals, maybe make the goals more manageable. Not like you never want to reach big goals, but setting a smaller goal that's a stretch but doable today, and then celebrating when you make it, and then repeating again tomorrow, that works well for me.
    If you have time and energy, you might check out the book Tiny Habits.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain, thank you and I truly couldn’t ask for a better #1 than you!! <3

@davors19, wow what a great weigh-in!! Keep it up! B)

@Katmary71, I do remember the Ab Rocker! :D Mmmmm love burritos!! I have a baked taco lasagna on the menu for next week that I’m eager to test out. I get it about liking to check off competition boxes. I make a lot of lists on Post-its and its so satisfying to cross stuff off and then throw away the entire list. This reminds me that I have done terrible this month on the habit tracker. I will be hitting it hard in April for sure!! What about you? :)

@raleighgirl09, yesssss!! I am doing the same thing and creating a new normal and today was much better for me too. I am NOT going to come out of this miserable that I gained a lot of weight and blew all the hard work that I have been doing this year to get fit and healthy. And NO brownie strip tease is worth it! :p

@gwamajtw91, we are all trying to adjust to a new normal right now. Together we are going to support each other, and we are going to have a better month. Let’s do this!! <3

Hello everyone! Like @raleighgirl09, I am working on accepting my new normal. I have been grouchy and wallowing at being stuck at home. Spending my days watching the news and stressing out that I am responsible for the safety of my senior citizen husband and mother has to stop. We are all doing the best we can and will continue to do so, but I need to live my life. So, today I ate healthily and tracked it. I worked out and got my sweat on. Then I deep cleaned and reorganized my master bathroom. Every day I will do a project around the house and when I come out of this my weight will be going down and my house will sparkle!! I’m ready for a great April. How about you? :)

Speaking of April
    …please head over to the new thread and do your introductions and I want to read how you too are going to rock the next month like never before! B)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 that is what I am desperately trying to remind myself- I do not want to come out of this so far behind where I was…I have also been doing terrible with the habit tracker lol. And I love your hashtags about the pants and vacation.

@AustinRuadhain I am all about stickers lol. They’re fun. A few months ago

@katmary71 that’s great you found a stash of workout equipment. I do have a stability ball but it’s kind of de-flated and I don’t have a pump. It never held air very well. I did bookmark that CBTi app you mentioned but I haven’t checked it out.

@raleighgirl 09 yes I think you have a good take- routines but one day at a time. Focus and breathe on what you can do and control. And when we feel helpless we can be decent and kind to ourselves and the people around us. And sometimes that is the most helpful thing we can do. Take care- hope you had a good day today.

Well gang I’m doing ok. It is week 2 of semi-isolation for me and I am slowly adjusting. One thing is for sure- I am a creature of habit and I feel like a had a perfect system of goals, spreadsheets, posting exercise, and calories and then it all went askew because of the *kitten* down.

And it’s like I’m like- I want to exercise the way I want to do it and keep everything the same and I just can’t. But I can try to do things a new way, like a new way of ultimately meeting the same goals. So I am slowly slowly making progress. For instance- I love going to the gym and lifting heavy weights. I HATE classes, and I dislike a lot of cardio type workouts because the emphasis is not on heavy lifting.

But. Can’t go to the gym right now and I don’t have a 100lb barbell lying around. So.

Today I tried a couple of cardio type videos with some slight strength mixed in and it was ok, it was kind of fun. So I feel like right now success is just moving of any kind, and I can come up with new routines and schedules and the like.

I also went for a long walk and I don’t usually track it but I turned my phone on and it was a little over 5 km so that was pretty good.

My other goals- calories/drinking less- that is the next hurdle to slowly wrestle back to a more reasonable level, like what it was before the shutdown. I set a goal for drinking this week and so far I have met it- fingers crossed.

Today was a light sunny day. And I just feel- like I’m okay but it’s sad spring and summer are coming and we can’t enjoy it. I just keep getting a feeling like if this were normal, this is what I would be doing right now. Right now I would normally be watching a baseball game- the Jays, or waiting for the Dodgers to start. And they had Mookie Betts this year. So sad ☹ I love Mookie Betts. And the Jays were looking good. I know it's petty, thinking about sports at a time like this. And honestly, I have totally tuned it out and resigned myself to the NBA and MLB seasons being lost. It was just today I felt sad. Opening day for baseball was this week and I had tickets, my first time going to Opening Day.

Le sigh. But at the end of the day I’m still pretty fortunate, I have a safe place to live and food to eat. I can look foolish jumping around to cardio videos on Youtube. So I try to be grateful, I know I'm very lucky
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @jugar you asked about challenge suggestions

Aapril challenge suggestions

I like the idea of tracking or getting points for minutes of activities a day or something like that. Or how many times a day we took a fitness break, each break at least 5 mins. Stuff like that, but I'm not very good at coming up with ideas lol.

Also maybe people could post about creative workarounds now that gyms are closed. For example I'm going to try filling some bags with books or something to weightlift
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »

I like the idea of tracking or getting points for minutes of activities a day or something like that. Or how many times a day we took a fitness break, each break at least 5 mins. Stuff like that, but I'm not very good at coming up with ideas lol.

Also maybe people could post about creative workarounds now that gyms are closed. For example I'm going to try filling some bags with books or something to weightlift

Thanks! I think I'll be making a kind of "pile up" list that combines things from different peoples' suggestions. There will be exercise and workarounds, de-cluttering, and all kinds of things to choose from, and we'll see how many of them get done.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »

Hey there!

If there is interest in this, we could easily make something happen using FitRockr, the same tool we use for the Step Challenge.

"Activity Point" Challenge? In addition to Steps, the other type of private league we can create there is one in which the challenge is about Activity Points, which are based on burned calories:
    Points express your activity level independent of steps or distance! Fitrockr will automatically calculate Activity Points based on your activity level and personal attributes such as gender, age, height and weight.

Points are calculated by setting your active calorie burn in relation to your resting calorie burn (xx number) as follows:

Active Calories / Resting Calories * 100 = Activity Points

To not wait until your resting calories are reached before getting any points, Fitrockr makes a continuous forecast. At the end of the day your points will be finalized. It may happen that the end result deviates from the forecast and you see a little less or a little more points at the end.
    To make it work, people would add themselves to a new league we could set up. They would also need to make sure that their Height, Weight and Year of Birth are completed in their FitRockr profile. That info is invisible to other users, but gets used the calculation of Activity Points.

Within the Team? Or"Intramural?"This could be a "within the team" thing, so that for example, there would be one league with all Slimpossibles members. We could also create a Team Challenge, with the teams being people from the various Fat2Fit groups.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    edited to put on new month

• mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Username: mlhopp93
    Week: 4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 336.4
    Todays Weight: 341.0

Just completely fell apart this week. Working from home, lack of outside time and exercise. No excuses, too much food and not enough working out. April is my month. Figuring out a new normal schedule and getting my wife and kids involved in the exercise activities to do things as a family other than watching TV.
    Sorry to the team -- will come back strong starting today.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @mlhopp93 - 🤗 Please do not worry about letting down the team! Lots of people have been challenged this week. How great that you are looking at what works and what does not, and that you are getting your family involved! April will be your month! I hear you tackling the planning it will take to make that happen, and it is so inspiring!

Side note -- for me, getting my family involved was absolutely critical to my getting the weight off. I think and hope that your creating more support for health in your family will be a long-term win!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'd like to change my weigh in day from Sunday to Saturday. With that being said, here's my check in:

Vegan4lyfe2012
    3-28-20
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 196.2
    Current weight: 192.6
  • jugar
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'd like to change my weigh in day from Sunday to Saturday. With that being said, here's my check in:

Vegan4lyfe2012
    3-28-20
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 196.2
    Current weight: 192.6

No problem - but since you already have 4 weigh-ins done for March, and I'll keep those the way they are. Then I'll put this new weight as your starting weight for April, and your week 1 weigh-in will be next Saturday. This will make your finishing weight for March and your starting weight for April different, if ever that gets questioned when @broncobuddee returns. No worries! Great week, BTW!!

*****REVISION***** I have also sent a message to @TeresaW1020 to see if she agrees with doing it this way. We'll keep you posted!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    That's so confusing! I'm sorry! It was just one day early. I can keep it Sundays, if that's better.
  • jugar
    Options
    That's so confusing! I'm sorry! It was just one day early. I can keep it Sundays, if that's better.

No - it will work! It is just that the weight you lost won't count in the tallies if we just put it in as a starting weight for April. Your week 4 weigh in for March was last Sunday, and I could change that amount so that the loss counts for this month instead of getting lost in the gap. Either way, it will work no problem - it is just a matter of giving you credit for the loss if we can!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    Man. I get so confused with the week numbers because the months decided to be more than 28 days each. We should force the world to change to 13 months of 28 days each!

Thank you!
  • jugar
    Options
    Slimpossibles! Be ready to meet your new member @trooworld - arriving soon!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hey there, Slimpossibles!

We are close to the end of the month, and wanting to invite new folks to join us!

If you have a moment today, would you consider replying to this thread, to help keep it near the top (so people will see it, read about Fat2Fit, and maybe come check us out)?
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790199/support-group-registrations-open#latest
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is trooworld and I just joined the April challenge.

A little about me: I'm married and live in CA. I'm currently not counting calories, but am on WW. I know @TeresaW1020 and @its_cleo already, but I'm looking forward to getting to know you all as well! <3
  • jugar
    Options
    And one more! You will also be joined by @cbabie for April. I sent her straight to the April chat thread, so you'll meet them over there. Head on over when you're ready!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790217/mission-slimpossibles-team-chat-april-2020#latest
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    March week 4
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW: 208
    CW: 209
    I had a very easy week no workouts because I had a tumor burned on my liver; Doc said i can start to workout this week but to take it easy so I am happy with only a 1 pound gain
This discussion has been closed.