Monthly Post March 2020

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Oh Kate, sooooo sorry to hear about your cat :'( pets are everything!! Look thru your photos, I’m sure you’ve got plenty of your cat..... find a good one with your boys and frame it. <3<3
    xo mama
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,517 Member
    @mamainthekitchen My favorite picture is the one I use for my profile pic. :)
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Went about 42 hours dry, except morning coffee ;) dropped 3lb I'm that time. To break I ended up eating a carnivore meal, not because I was hungry, I actually felt fine. I just kept thinking about how I wanted to eat something! My willpower is lower than it used to be :( even when I'm not uncomfortable with hunger or thirst I still break the fast. Haven't overcome mental hunger yet. Even looking I'm the mirror to remind myself I don't NEED food right now, still WANT food and cave. Smh
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    So sorry about your kitty cat @KateNkognito, that's so hard even if you know it's coming. Thank you for loving him so well <3

Had a quite luxurious weekend away with my Husband that included 2 nights out with friends and Sunday brunch. I enjoyed it without guilt and am up just a bit today that is likely mostly sodium. Doing 5:2 on Monday and Th this week. Today will be the hardest I think just because my body wants more brunch LOL!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Good morning all!

Hope everybody had a nice weekend. Happy Monday... *grumble grumble* :s

My weekend was good. Little bit of down time and some errands, all that fun stuff.

Good luck with your fasts, cg! You got this!

Glad your party went well, Mama! Sounds yummy!

Ugh, Kate I am so sorry to hear about the cat. Sending hugs your way...

Things are same here. Plugging along. Planning to stick to my Keto WOE and do my version of Intermittent Fasting (I drink coffee in the AM with half and half and Monk Fruit Sweetener).

We made another batch of sugar free Keto Yogurt in our Instant Pot overnight. Now it is sitting in our fridge in the strainer container. Looking forward to tasting it tomorrow. :) We used a different type of organic milk and a Fage yogurt.

Speak to you all soon. Have a great day.
  • KateNkognito
    What a Monday! Today was a normal day, but I stayed under my calories somehow. I am exhausted. Thanks for all the "hugs". I appreciate it. Off to bed. Hoping I can fast tomorrow. I am feeling kind of weird tonight.
    OH! I discovered Home Chef heat and eat meals at Dillons (Kroger)! I got the chicken alfredo and another chicken and pasta one. Really good and really quick. There were also low carb meals, too. One was roast with veggies and there was a pork chop one, too. A little pricey, but I had a coupon and one of the small ones made dinner for me and I will have the rest for fasting lunch tomorrow.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all.

Happy Tuesday.

@KateNkognito hope you feel better! Those quick meals sound cool! Hope you enjoy! We are in love with our new Instant Pot. Easy to have a meal ready in under 30 minutes with hardly any hands on time!

Not much going on here. Things are quiet. Lots of people flipping out over the Corona Virus. Which is understandable due to what's been happening lately. We have a case near by, which is scary. Been washing our hands and trying to avoid large crowds and groups of people. Have not been to the gym and don't plan to for now. That place can be a germ pit and one of us can't afford to get sick or come down with the virus. Sorry to be Debbie Downer today. Just on my mind is all...

On a positive note, we did book our vacation to Montego Bay, Jamaica in May. Hoping by that time all of this Corona Virus stuff is in the rear view mirror. My profile picture is the beach in Jamaica, from when we were there last year. :)

Have a good one and see you guys soon! Healthy positive vibes. <3
  • solieco1
    @Meghan509 Beautiful picture! We got married in Montego Bay <3
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    @Meghan509 I plan to book some trips while flights are super cheap because of the virus LOL! Yesterday the 1st positive case was reported here in Louisiana... I didn't think it would make it here, let alone be in my city :/
  • KateNkognito
    A haiku:

Spring is in the air
    So are very nasty bugs
    Wash your germy hands

I need to make copies of this and post them around the school. :D
  • mamainthekitchen
    Good haiku Kate and very appropriate! Glad you’re feeling better.... <3

Hi to everyone here!! :#

Meghan your new photo is gorgeous! Sounds like you’re keeping busy with your new way of cooking too.... instant everything! Haha!

@solieco1 you’re inspiring me to get back to 5:2!!! I’m sooo far off that wagon!! It’s amazing how much weight you can add when you’re slacking off! Ugghhh!!

Did lots of gardening yesterday, but now it’s turned cold again so I am going to try to focus on my 5:2 plans tomorrow, take a nap too as I know I’m a snacker with a lack of sleep! I’ve gained almost 8 lbs since Christmas!! Yikes! I feel gross too, puffy and tired. Lemon water will start my day tomorrow then I’ll make solid plans for this week! One week at a time!
    I threw out all my summer fat pants last year so I really need to get cracking and lose this extra belly I’m carrying around!!
    Cross your fingers for me!

• Meghan509
    Hi all!

Nice to see everybody popping by!

Things are good here. Plugging along. Sticking to my Keto WOE, drinking my water, etc. etc.

Next week it is going to be spring! We got this! Hoping that the pending warm weather will kill any nasty viruses and all of us stay healthy. :)

See you all soon.
  • solieco1
    Yay SPRING! I'll be on the Fast Train tomorrow with you @mamainthekitchen :wink:
  • Meghan509
    Good morning everybody!

Been a crazy morning for me. Had to cancel travel to Europe for someone and now in the process of trying to re-book travel plans for someone trying to get back to the US from Europe. (American National). Flights are crazy full or sold out. Sigh...

The good news here is despite all the drama and craziness going on the world, I am sticking to my WOE. :)

Hoping everybody has a good Thursday - especially those of you on the Fast Train! :smiley:

Tomorrow AM is weigh in day for me. Fingers crossed. See you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    @solieco1 very cool emoji!!! I don’t know how you did that, beyond my comprehension but appreciated!

Yes I’m going to stick with my 5:2 fast day today!!! Hot water for me so far, I miss just plain hot water! So far so good! I’ve got gorgeous little tomatoes in my counter so at some point I’ll chopca couple and add to my cottage cheese!

Anyone else doing a 5:2 day??

Meghan, yes we heard in the news last night about travel bans from Europe! Omg.... this is getting scary!

Hope everyone’s doing well, cross fingers for me... I need the boost!!
    I’ll check in later and I plan on logging my food!!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning everybody.

Rolling along here. Down .4 lbs this week. Going in the right direction. Slow and steady... :)

We went to the grocery store last night and it was jam packed. Lots of items gone and out of stock. Forget about buying any toilet paper or paper towels! Sigh... Trader Joe's was nuts too and lots of stuff gone and out of stock.

Our office is open but not a lot of people here. A lot of schools are closing for two weeks or more. Colleges being let go for online learning. Sitting here trying to be diligent and wash my hands, and stay healthy. Hoping they let us work remotely.

Hope you are well. Low key weekend on tap for us. Just not worth catching this thing. Stay well.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Cottage cheese and tomatoes for lunch today!!! Water & tea too!

I hear ya Meghan... our stores are similar!! Scary times, hope you can start working remotely too!!

Kate, wondering what your fam is doing for spring break? Lots of family’s here are staying put. Keep well, those germs are worse from schools!!

My daughters school clinical this term is at major hospital here, she also works at two other hospitals... she assured me that washing diligently is key and not to worry.... *sigh

Husband birthday tomorrow!! Not sure if we’ll go but o restaurant or not???

Happy Friday 13th people!!!
  • Meghan509
    Happy weekend all!

Enjoy your husband's birthday, Mama!

:)
  • mamainthekitchen

^^^ <3:*
    Thanks Meg!!! Went went out for lunch instead of dinner for a change! I opted for the spinach salad that came with a few pieces of candied salmon, ginger spiked pecans (to die for) red onion, goat cheese and strawberry’s in a light vinaigrette.... really yummy!! Then had creamy cauliflower soup from my freezer and sourdough rolls for dinner and red wine!! Ahhh didn’t need that!!

Going to purchase new runners this week!!!!! Woohoo!!!! Time to get back with my walks! I’m convinced my old dried up runners are why I don’t want to go!!

Hope everyone’s enjoying the weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    SO! The end of the week was CRAZY! I slept all Friday and part of Saturday. This morning was weigh in day... down 1.2 pounds! I went for a walk with the dog this morning and it was 3-4 minutes faster than last time! (I accidentally deleted it last time) I am feeling quite healthy!

Our district is on Spring Break. So is most of the state. There have been a few confirmed cases and one death, so far. Mostly in the one highly populated area of the state. Since most of this area is rural, the transmission rate seems to be pretty low. All the universities are doing online classes. Our county limited public gatherings. Fun times! :/

I saw in my feed that a lot of folks are making progress! WOO HOO! Keep up the good work!

@mamainthekitchen Happy Birthday to your husband! That sounds like a fabulous lunch!