Options

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Ooh new sneakers are fun Mama! LOL

Congrats on the loss Kate! Way to go!

Well, we got the official word to work from home. Crazy! They said to expect to be home for two weeks or so. Crazy times. Everybody stay healthy. Going to get stuff wrapped up here so I can head home to work the rest of the day.

In the mean time Keto WOE is going well! We made a lovely corned beef in our Instant Pot last night. Put it on slow cooker mode and yum!

Speak to you soon.... :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody
    Life is crazy here too. I have 2 HS seniors and everything is up in the air. Trying not to stress and just be happy we all seem healthy. Fast Day today - let's maintain control my Friends <3
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Where does everyone live? I'm in Colorado.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

Hello from southwestern Connecticut. :)

Rainy day here on St. Patrick's Day! Anyone making a corned beef?! We are having leftover spinach mushroom feta quiche tonight.

I am officially working from home as of yesterday afternoon. We stocked up on groceries as much as we could. Don't have a heck of a lot of space so...

Yesterday I managed to find toilet paper and paper towels at my local Target. Very happy about that. Also got some Lysol wipes and some spray cleaner with Clorox in it. I am not one to hoard paper products but when everybody is buying everything out and we are getting low, I need to take notice. Especially when I we are home now and using more paper products sigh...

My Keto WOE is going well. Since I am home I can eat lunch whenever I want. No coworkers at noon saying, are you eating yet?? LOL Doing more of a 1:00pm or 1:30pm to 9:00pm eating window which I prefer.

We took a walk on Sunday at the beach. It was really pretty. Hope to do more of that when possible. They key is to social distance.

Stay healthy everybody! Don't stress. We are all in this together. Have a great day!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my stay at home quarantine chore is to paint my living room/Hallway/entrance & dining room! Wish me luck!!

Stay safe and wash wash wash people!

Meghan I hear ya on the hoarding... our shelves are bare!! I’m having to find supplies for my daughter as she’s right in Vancouver and those stores are worse than my area!!

This whole situation is scary, but one day at a time... and I think I’m going to stop listening to the news!!

Happy fasting
    Ps... I’m doing terrible in that dept!! Ughhh start out good then blow it! Arrrgggh
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all! They closed school for the rest of the school year. We are going to do some form of distance learning. Crazy stuff. I am having trouble fasting because the kitchen is *right there* ALL day! Plus, I don't even know what day of the week it is. I am staying reasonable with the calories. It has actually been kind of nice that we are all sitting down to eat dinner together again. We have plenty of supplies, except paper towels, but those aren't a necessity. I am the only girl, so the tp situation is ok.

@mamainthekitchen Good luck with your painting project! I hope being busy helps you fast!

@meghan509 I hope you enjoy working from home! You know, our local animal rescue is recruiting people that are working from home as pet foster parents... You could have a friend to go on walks with.

Off to walk the dog and do some laundry. It would be nice if the sun would come out. It has been cloudy for over a week. Have a good day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Crazy times indeed... Sending positive, healthy vibes to everybody! :)

Let's take a second to remember that what we are doing here will help us. Eat healthy, take vitamins, get the right amount of sleep, wash your hands, drink water, and try not to stress too much. All of these things will help us fight the coronavirus. <3

We are planning to take a walk around the block or down by our local beach today after logging off from work. We will avoid people as much as possible.

Since I sit in front of or by a computer all day waiting for the next task, I have been reading a lot in between. Books, magazines, you name it. And the news sigh...

Forgot to tell you that we made a low carb cheesecake and it came out awesome! Here is the recipe we used:
    https://www.sizzleyum.com/2018/09/low-carb-keto-cheesecake-recipe.html

Nothing like a little dessert to help brighten the moood. :)

See you all soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    People. I just walked two miles. And I was at an 18 minute/mile pace. That is pretty fast for my stubby little legs! I am pretty darned proud of myself! o:)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

Way to go @KateNkognito! I wanted to get out for a walk yesterday but we didn't get there... Maybe later if the rain goes away sigh...

Things are same here. Working remotely which is kind of boring but hey, happy to have a job in these crazy times. :(

The good news is China has, for the first time since the pandemic, not had any new cases.

We got this guys. Just going to take some time... Stay healthy, stay focused, stay well.

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I went on another two mile walk. My pace was a few seconds faster. :) Just chuggin' along here. The sun is FINALLY out! I have the house open because tomorrow is supposed to be cold. :/ Getting laundry done and a *little* bit of house work.

@Meghan509 I hope you get to go on a walk today. You could get a fish for your desk at home. Someone to talk to :)

To everyone else: Have a great rest of the week. Find something to be thankful for. I am thankful I have this extra time with my boys as they are getting closer to being all grown up.
  • KateNkognito
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Stupid computers! It wouldn't post and then it posted twice!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Congrats Kate!!!! I was hoping for new runners but my store is closed! :o so glad you’re out walking! Do you have the “Record” app by under armor for your phone? That’s what I use... then set it for General walk or Walk with dog... this app syncs with mfp and will show up on your daily exercise cals!

Happy Spring everyone!!
    Sorry you’re having rainy weather Meghan... hate to mention but it’s been glorious out west here!! Sunny sunny and more sun! Cool in the mornings but heats up to 14C (57F) which I love!!! My daffodils are in full bloom now!!

I’ve got all my prep work for painting done... now it’s just opening the tin and committing!! Ugghhh!

Hope everyone is coping well with this world wide crisis we’re in! Louisiana I here has been hit hard, so Orlcam.... sending hugs your way!

Sipping hot water & lemon at the moment! Hope all you newbies are still with us!!

• Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

I weighed in this morning and am down 2.2 lbs! Look at that! LOL Yes, I stuck to my Keto WOE, but I will admit to having a vodka and soda the other night as well as a few extra snacks here and there. Not to mention sitting on my rear end for most of this week. Sigh... :)

Yes, we got out for a walk last night after work and it was amazing. Walked around the little town near by and around the water front and back. Others were doing similar which was cool. Walked for about an hour or so. Today is a little cloudy with some showers but will be a high in the 70's later!

Sounds like you guys are hanging in there. That is all we can do. I am jealous of your warm weather Mama. Send some east! A fish sounds adorable Kate. :smiley:

We bought some steaks to hopefully cook on the grill. Very excited about that. If it is too cool later for the grill, we will cook inside on a little counter top grill we have. Similar to the George Foreman grills of the early 2000's. :D

Have a nice one and see you guys soon. I tend to post less, if at all on the weekends so if you don't see me around then I am here in spirit!

Have a nice weekend and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! I haven't walked yet today. It is COLD! At least it is sunny. I will probably do a quick mile here in a little while. I haven't fasted, but I have been being fairly decent. We will see how it has worked out on Sunday. This was Spring Break, so I am ok with it. Next week I will get back to ADF. I found out this morning that I definitely get paid for the rest of the year. Woo hoo!

@mamainthekitchen I just bought a new pair of tennis shoes on Amazon. They are identical to the old ones, so I am not worried about size, or anything.

@orlcam Like Mama said, I hope you are doing ok. Haven't heard from you in a while!

@Meghan509 Congrats on the loss! That is amazing! I have to laugh a little bit about it being too cool to grill. My husband is a serious grill-master. He has been known to grill in a snowstorm! Our dog highly approves of it. LOL

Off to do a little house work and then watch some more Netflix. I am thinking about picking up a course or two on Kahn Academy.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the takeout stress eating, I've undone my weight loss progress yet again.. I have 2 HealthyWage challenge deadlines at the end of this week, and I'm about 10lb away from my goal :'( Fasting is my only hope now, IDK if it's even possible to win at this point
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hopped on the scale this morning and I am down almost a pound this week. Apparently, all the walking I have been doing has paid off. I am going to get back to ADF this week and keep walking.

@cgcrutch Don't beat yourself up. This is a crazy time for everyone. *Hug*

Have a good week everyone! Stay well!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ya, @cgcrutch I agree with Kate, don’t beat yourself up! This really is a crazy time! I’m stocked up with food in the freezer and still can get fresh food, but it’s slim pickings in some items. Just keep your distance and don’t touch your face then wash & scrub your hands for 2 full mins with soapy water and you’ll be fine.

Great job Meghan on your loss! You’re going to get to your May goal keeping that up!!

Great idea to shop amazon Kate! I’ll take a look cause ya I basically know what I want!! Duh! Haha... so happy you’re enjoying walking! And yes... weight melts off doing it.. and it’s free!! Except for good runners...!!

Well all, I had a successful day yesterday. I finished painting second coat for my hallway (looks fabulous!) AND ended the day at 500cals! Except I had 2 glasses of red wine later... but I’m claiming the day anyhow!! Hahaa I was just busy with the painting.... also I looked hilarious cause I was doing squats while rolling the paint!! More of that to come because I’m doing my living & dining room then 2 bedrooms! Ugh!

Have a great Sunday people!!
    Wash wash wash!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Happy Monday. Hoping everybody reaches their March goals! We got this!

We got out for some walks over the weekend and picked up a few staples at the market. The state of Connecticut is officially on "lock down" and only essential workers are allowed to go in. Everybody must stay home unless you are going to a grocery store, gas station, pharmacy, etc. I think liquor stores are able to stay open as well. :)

Watched four Red Box movies this weekend! Nothing like getting caught up on new releases. Since we have another buy one get one, we will probably rent some more! Also signed up for Hulu and it is awesome. We already have Amazon Prime and Netflix.

All I got for now. Sticking with Keto WOE and taking it one day at a time. Speak to you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Morning, all! Hope your weekend was good! I fasted yesterday. It was pretty easy because I had a migraine :/ Today the sun is out and it is a lovely temperature. I am going for two miles today. I am really liking the Map My Walk app. It gives me all my stats and I can compare to previous walks very easily. :smile:

@Meghan509 Sounds like you had a nice weekend! I am thinking of signing up for a trial of Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+. My husband liked the ESPN, the kids want Disney for the Star Wars/Marvel stuff, and I think I would like the Hulu.

@mamainthekitchen You crack me up! I can imagine you, like some sort of aerobics instructor, "Aaand SQUAT! And paint! And squat! And paint!" LOL

Have a great day, y'all! Happy Fasting! Stay well!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Yesterday we got snow in parts of CT. Down here in southern Connecticut, just rain. Sigh... Today is sunny and should be in the 50's. Looking forward to taking a walk after work!

Not much else happening here. :) Stay well and see you all soon!