Something that Made You Feel Good Today

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    That is so cute! You did a fantastic job on it!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Cute!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    papayahed wrote: »
    I won an endurance contest at work. A few of us decided to challenge ourselves and every week we come up with new challenges. This week was to see who could keep their arms out the longest while holding a bottle or water in each hand. I did 8 minutes and 35 seconds.

Damn! I don't think I could do that without the water bottles! Well done!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    My husband rested good last night after a week of severe pain...every time he cries out in pain, my heart almost jumps out of my chest! ( I will be the one having a heart attack! )... he hasn’t been out of the house since my birthday and he said he would like to go out for lunch....of course I agreed although I had eaten a breakfast sandwich that I usually skip and don’t have a lot of extra calories today...I offered to drive but John said he would rather drive and be in pain than ride with me and die!...( such a sweet guy! lol ).... so I had a sandwich and some fries and I know I went over my calories but I am not going to go crazy and binge the rest of the day....planning on chef salad or lean cusine for dinner...I am still working on getting the four pounds hanging on from my break..today is also a rest day from swimming so no extra exercise...I need the rest for my shoulder....I see myself working hard the next three days to burn some calories and get back to 260.... but I still feel good about today....it feels good to have my binges under control for the moment!
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    My husband and I are currently in the planning stages for our next project on our property. Ideally we want to create a 90 by 60 foot orchard, depending on exactly where our property line is and work will begin next year. We have recently learned that with a little babying we can grow lemons and limes here. For reference we live in BC, Canada. The orchard is the first stage in creating our hobby farm. Thinking about the apple, pear, cherry, plum, peach, nectarine, lemon and lime trees and my son running around climbing them makes me really happy!
  • My husband and I are currently in the planning stages for our next project on our property. Ideally we want to create a 90 by 60 foot orchard, depending on exactly where our property line is and work will begin next year. We have recently learned that with a little babying we can grow lemons and limes here. For reference we live in BC, Canada. The orchard is the first stage in creating our hobby farm. Thinking about the apple, pear, cherry, plum, peach, nectarine, lemon and lime trees and my son running around climbing them makes me really happy!

We grew cherries, apples, pears, grapes, black raspberries, currants, and gooseberries growing up. I remember all the work to process them and can them and freeze them, but I will also add that I never tasted commercial applesauce until I was an adult (and that was a sad revelation) and no jelly is as good as black raspberry, and I can't buy it anywhere.

• Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    When i realized my pants are loose ! Im almost 15 pounds down and i keep having to pull them back up ! Yay me !
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    When i realized my pants are loose ! Im almost 15 pounds down and i keep having to pull them back up ! Yay me !

Yes, isn't it great when you get an NSV by surprise! I, too, am having to tighten my belt to wear shorts that I could barely button (my biggest fear was that the button would pop off when I was in a meeting at work).
  • bmeadows380
    Well, getting myself off my behind and outside to mow grass, and then spending nearly 2 1/2 hours push mowing was a nice feeling of accomplishment this evening! I ran out of daylight, but the last piece can be done with the riding mower if needed and should only take about 20 minutes, so I should be able to squeeze it in tomorrow before church. and if I can find a little more time, then I might just push that part too for the steps :)

And today, for the first time in a long while, I completed my diary under my calorie goal! I squeezed just enough to get my protein goals met (took a glass of chocolate milk made with hershey's syrup to do it, though!) then closed the diary and will be heading to bed soon. I feel full and even though hunger brain is grumbling, he's being easier to ignore tonight since tummy is making it quite clear she is full and doesn't want anything else. Which is refreshing for once.....
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    1ubi81kebe14.jpeg
    I live in Florida and had this little visitor this morning. Made me smile.
  • bmeadows380
    @gewel321
    That would be the perfect T-shirt for my best friend! lol
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Today I deleted all of my food apps
    Dunkin Donuts
    Jimmy Johns
    Uber Eats

I didn’t like seeing them on my phone all the time. Made me want them when I looked at them.

Now I’m happier when I look at my phone the first icons I see are my kindle and MFP

That a great idea!...and nice job with the pizza your sister brought in!....I order the thin crust veggie whenever the family orders pizza....it’s like 160 calories a slice so can usually be fitted in!
  • rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    1) I enjoyed seeing my friends & even getting smacked around a bit by the sermon this morning in church.

2) I'm going to come in under my daily exercise limit even though my exercise slump continues.